Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Won't be a popular post here but never forget when Barry Robran made him look silly

Jezza literally applauded him mid game on field

From all reports, Robram was extraordinary and highly respected by the VFL stars who played against him in rep games.

But in Jezza's defence, he prolly didn't have much to prove in that game, and being interstate he prolly had a hangover like the rest of the Vics.

For those youngsters who weren't fortunate enough to see Jezza in action, the following will give some clue as to the genius of Jezza. He regularly did things that most players might do a handful of times throughout their career & the commentators will think they are something special:

For those youngsters who weren't fortunate enough to see Jezza in action, the following will give some clue as to the genius of Jezza. He regularly did things that most players might do a handful of times throughout their career & the commentators will think they are something special:

Stop, STOP!!! You're only rubbing salt into our wounds. We desperately could do with a player like that now. :D

Back in the day, he’d kick a goal out of nowhere, everyone would go bananas, then the crowd would argue amongst themselves as if he’d done a magic trick.

...and have another couple on the board in the meantime.

His name transcended the game, to take a ‘Jezza’.

Enough said.
Back in the days when football cards were good.

Man.

He was so good.

Finals, he went bunta.

Thank you.

In those days we jumped the fence to go out and listen at 1/4 time and 3/4 time breaks..oranges and cigarettes and the coaches voice...I think that changed around 1980

Ah those were the days where we were so successful and now we are the laughing stock of the competition and have been for far too long ... We have become the easybeats where teams are lining up with the hope to get to play us twice in the year

Pretty sure Wallsy said he was out the door himself when Stewart was still coach. Had a massive falling out and they were not even on speaking terms so Walls asked to be allowed to leave as there was no point staying in such circumstances. I think I heard that on Sam Pang car drive in France.
yeh true, and the boys gave Stewart a beating in the club rooms this is why he was all bruised up when he left. It was not a heart attack, he was cutting some one else's Lunch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeh true, and the boys gave Stewart a beating in the club rooms this is why he was all bruised up when he left. It was not a heart attack, he was cutting some one else's Lunch.

Really weird as I remember hearing as a little kid Robert Walls himself punched the coach. He made no mention of it in car drive. I guess Stewart, Walls and others have forgiven and watered down version for others to hear. But clearly more went on than the official versions we will ever get. Whatever happened they were not all happy campers at the time for start of 1978 season. My first season I followed as a Carlton supporter every Saturday via radio.

Pretty sure Wallsy said he was out the door himself when Stewart was still coach. Had a massive falling out and they were not even on speaking terms so Walls asked to be allowed to leave as there was no point staying in such circumstances. I think I heard that on Sam Pang car drive in France.
What I remember is that it was supposed to have been because Doully had turned up late to training due to having been at a funeral and Stewart gave him an almighty gobful and Wallsy let him have it big time!!! Then the club cleared Walls to Fitzroy to clear the air as much as possible...........Stewart also got the arse not long after, so it was not a great time at all...........

What I remember is that it was supposed to have been because Doully had turned up late to training due to having been at a funeral and Stewart gave him an almighty gobful and Wallsy let him have it big time!!! Then the club cleared Walls to Fitzroy to clear the air as much as possible...........Stewart also got the arse not long after, so it was not a great time at all...........
Robert Walls was my primary school teacher at Coburg Primary School. Coming from a family of passionate Blues supporters i was in awe turning up to school each day to be taught by him.

For those youngsters who weren't fortunate enough to see Jezza in action, the following will give some clue as to the genius of Jezza. He regularly did things that most players might do a handful of times throughout their career & the commentators will think they are something special
No wonder he is viewed as one of our best ever. He could do it all: snap off both feet without looking, play short roving the pack, great balance at ground level, play tall taking big grabs, he was fast & the highlights reels even show a few "Dusty" fend offs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back