Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robert Walls was my primary school teacher at Coburg Primary School. Coming from a family of passionate Blues supporters i was in awe turning up to school each day to be taught by him.
Geez that would've toughened you up.

What was Wallsy's preferred method of sorting out disputes?

No wonder he is viewed as one of our best ever. He could do it all: snap off both feet without looking, play short roving the pack, great balance at ground level, play tall taking big grabs, he was fast & the highlights reels even show a few "Dusty" fend offs!
This is why I just roll my eyes when commentators, supporters etc talk about the likes of Ablett sen, Ablett jun, Kouta, Dusty, even our own Juddy & forget to include Jezza in the conversation. He was a combination of all of them, but did it better than all of them.

For those youngsters who weren't fortunate enough to see Jezza in action, the following will give some clue as to the genius of Jezza. He regularly did things that most players might do a handful of times throughout their career & the commentators will think they are something special:

The poor tactics of those years always amaze me, took us 130 years to think of putting a loose man in defence and actually use the interchange bench.

there are microbes living at the bottom of the mariana trench I have more knowledge of than the 1990's carlton listed player, craig black
Weird things living in deep, dark places. Sounds a lot like BF

Read on Twitter before that today's TAC Cup premiers, the Dandenong Stingrays, are coached by ex Carlton listed player of the late 1990s, Craig Black.
Do not have any recollection of him at all.

For those youngsters who weren't fortunate enough to see Jezza in action, the following will give some clue as to the genius of Jezza. He regularly did things that most players might do a handful of times throughout their career & the commentators will think they are something special:

That mark at 3:32 I reckon was his best
He was sitting on their backs for half an hour

(Log in to remove this ad.)

normal people aren't impugned on football forums by types that require being taken into cyber custody........pretty sure.......
Fair point is fair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back