2nds The Casey Thread 2022

Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Two former Dees are North's top possession winners. What bizarre world we live in.

I know North are s**t but it's still good to see JVR kick 6. Young talls can struggle even in the VFL.

Laurie can't be far from a debut too.
Laurie certainly doesn't waste it when he gets it.

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Rosman and Deakyn Smith were pretty impressive at half back too.

Rosman pretty involved and did some great things in the air with his leap and long arms. His kicking style with his mop haircut is so funny to watch, I love him. Has developed a lot in the last year.

Smith less busy but took some strong intercept marks and seemed to beat his man consistently. Has poise and good decision making too. Assured and a good depth small defender to have I reckon.

Alpine Lodger

Senior List
Aug 12, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Supersonics
What about Jesse Hogan 2.0??
The only reason I made that comparison was that he is a Claremont product like Hogan who started off playing as a Centre Half Back before plying his trade as a forward. He is also 194cm who doesn't possess a huge leap (neither does Hoges), but makes up for this with his versatility and Footy IQ.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2008
Voyager 1
AFL Club
Melbourne
Rosman pretty involved and did some great things in the air with his leap and long arms. His kicking style with his mop haircut is so funny to watch, I love him. Has developed a lot in the last year.
That's what I thought, as well, from reading reports, but haven't witnessed it myself.

netslave

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 6, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Good to see how Tomlinson goes today, he has been playing pretty well at Casey and will prob get a gig next week with May out.

Fork n Hell

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Disco Turner has been very good down back today chopping off plenty of attacks. no one else really standing out so far in a heavily contested game.

LarryDavidNeitz

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
Where’s Van Rooyen today?

Turner looking good and Moniz-Wakefield definitely has potential for next year.

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Pig Hibberd looking quite good, still going strong at three quarter time so it doesn’t look like he’s playing restricted minutes.

It would be tempting to bring him in against Sydney.

pjfairbairn

AFL Premiership Supporter, 2021
Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Commentators said some late withdrawals of AFL listed players , I assume both JVR and Daw not playing .
JVR was listed as an 'out' when team was named, but Daw was named as starting ruck. I wonder if Gawn's injury is worse than we thought, he wasn't called upon in the square much in the second half yday

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Pig Hibberd looking quite good, still going strong at three quarter time so it doesn’t look like he’s playing restricted minutes.

It would be tempting to bring him in against Sydney.
Looks like Hibberd is being rested in the last.

Tomlinson having a dominant game as he often does at VFL level.

Turner has also had his moments as an intercept defender too, although I can’t see him getting a call up yet.

jhong

Old man yelling at clouds
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne

Turner has also had his moments as an intercept defender too, although I can’t see him getting a call up yet.
Yeah most of our AFL listed players had moments and apart from Tomlinson and maybe Hibbert the rest didn't scream out "Pick Me" .

Fork n Hell

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne

yeah Hibberd, Tommo, and Turner the only ones to put their hand up today. you'd think they'll both probably come in next week. but like you say i doubt they'll blood Turner unless they have to.

Didnt watch the game, but yea, Turner would only be a mid sized defender at AFL level at this stage. Would imagine its Tomo and TMac (assuming hes available) in defense if both May and Petty are out.

Back