The Death Penalty for Chan

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not cheering it on, would rather they just got it over with and everyone can move on.

Agreeing with the countries rules and regulations is not cheering it on.

Mate you're in this thread acting as if the dragging out of this process is a personal affront against you. Just switch off FFS, we get it you want them dead.

Honestly, this is just everywhere and its dividing the country.The actors video is a disgrace thats for sure. Indonesia is milking this for everything its worth to rub our noses in it and on the other hand, these guys were organised Heroin Traffickers who have and would have continued to destroy countless lives for their greed.
I think the sooner its over (because its going to happen no matter how much Australians complain) the better.

I am no fan of Abbott, but really do not see what more he could have done. It is, however, very concerning that the President of Indonesia is refusing to take his calls.

Widodo is taking his orders from Megawati...I read that last week he was lambasted by her at the Party get together. He's weak as piss.

Indonesian's have rejected the requests for the religious persons to be there with them...*! what a bunch of xnts
It really is a joke of a process. What's the point of asking them who they want the witness to be in the first place? They were obviously never going to approve it in the first place.
That video is appalling. Basically using this to vilify Tony Abbott with such smug arrogance (and ignorance).

Just awful and embarrassing.
Being a left wing person who wouldn't piss on Abbott if he was on fire, I agree. I'm really not sure what more he can do and I think the video was a bit off the mark. With that said though I don't think you can put all of the celebrities in the same boat, many of them just said #istandformercy and didn't directly insult Abbott.

Saveourboys???? WTF???

These aren't a couple of captured SAS soldiers, stranded members of the media in a war-torn environment or volunteers caught up in a natural disaster somewhere in another part of the world. They're not my boys, or anyone I want to ever be associated with. **** them.

Haven't been a fan of any politicians over the past decade or so, but if Tony focused his energy on these two twits rather than actual important national interests he'd be neglecting the country.

. They're not my boys.
Quite right, but they are somebody's boys. They're not mine either, one of mine is playing with his lego, the other is on his way home from school. I am sure these two were doing similar things at their age, I imagine their parents loved them as much as I love mine. Do you think their parents deserve to lose their boys?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will certainly never travel to Indonesia, there are plenty of other great holiday destinations. And I know I'm not the only one.

More than the Van Nguyen execution?

If so, why?

something to do with the AFP dropping them in it, perhaps? because the Indonesian President is being pulled by his masters? because we give billions in aid each year? I know the last has nothing to do with anything but you can bet it will come into play once the trigger is pulled...oh, and the un-civilised way the condemned and their family have been treated over the past 8 weeks! Take a look at the scenes from Cilicap today and tell me if that isn't extremely distressing.

I will certainly never travel to Indonesia, there are plenty of other great holiday destinations. And I know I'm not the only one.

Will that extend to all countries that have the death sentence for drug crime? Or is it only because these are Australians/getting publicity?

Will you also now not travel to a country that have laws you may not agree with?

Will that extend to all countries that have the death sentence for drug crime? Or is it only because these are Australians/getting publicity?

Will you also now not travel to a country that have laws you may not agree with?

I think it's less to do with the law and more about the way this has played out over the past 3 months...it's nothing short of disgraceful. Today's events illustrate how Indonesia really doesn't give a stuff what we think.

I guess in a few minutes from now the families will walk out of the prison for the final time and into another circus. The situation is bad enough as it is without having to be subjected to this rubbish.

Do you think their parents deserve to lose their boys?

I seriously don't know, or care. Callous of me? Perhaps. And everyone can have differing opinions on this. Feel free.

Ask a bleeding-heart their thoughts and they may say it's a barbaric and that no-one deserves to lose their child. Ask the parent of a child who has lost their life to a heroin overdose, and I'm tipping you'd get a different opinion.

What intrigues me is the reaction to capital punishment. People are "saddened", "disgusted", "mortified" etc. Why? Because you know it's coming? Because no-one deserves to die like this? Everyone dies. It's a matter of how, and for myself, who.

I feel for the parents and the kids that we see when I have to rush one of my brood to the children's hospital. The kids who obviously have endless visits there, whose parents have endured heartache because their innocent offspring continue to battle whatever illness has been bestowed upon them. I feel for the kids of the mother who had her life ended by a raging psycho in the Lindt Cafe siege, where they will never see her again all because she stopped for a coffee on her way to work. I feel for Rosie Batty and her little man whose only fault was marrying and separating from the wrong man.

I do not feel for these guys, and do not think the world would be a worse place with their lives ending. Sure, their parents can be sad, and people can oppose the death penalty as a form of punishment. Go for it. But a D-grade celebrity tape appealling to the Prime Minister as if they're war heroes? Give me a spell.

something to do with the AFP dropping them in it, perhaps? because the Indonesian President is being pulled by his masters? because we give billions in aid each year? I know the last has nothing to do with anything but you can bet it will come into play once the trigger is pulled...oh, and the un-civilised way the condemned and their family have been treated over the past 8 weeks! Take a look at the scenes from Cilicap today and tell me if that isn't extremely distressing.

Wouldn't the AFP know the death penalty exits for drug trafficking in Indonesia? if they knew they could have made the the two blokes serve time in Australia instead.

Honestly, this is just everywhere and its dividing the country.The actors video is a disgrace thats for sure. Indonesia is milking this for everything its worth to rub our noses in it and on the other hand, these guys were organised Heroin Traffickers who have and would have continued to destroy countless lives for their greed.
I think the sooner its over (because its going to happen no matter how much Australians complain) the better.

Perhaps being important actors with all of their contacts, they could organise their own Aussie version of Argo.

Wouldn't the AFP know the death penalty exits for drug trafficking in Indonesia? if they knew they could have made the the two blokes serve time in Australia instead.

of course the AFP knew...read the AFP's response to the questions put to the Acting Commissioner today.

Cam, do you think there's any particular reason Juddism keeps offering answers to questions directed to other posters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back