The downfall of Fox Footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

When is he not embarrassing?

It may be my imagination, but he seems to have gotten even worse since last year.
The shouting, waving of arms, head in hands responses as he becomes emotional are as unprofessional as his total lack of preparedness, inconsistencies or lack of understanding of significant footy issues.

Last night as they showed vision of Essendon players going at Sicily after his kick on McGrath, Robinson shouted "look at the players reaction, they are the best judges". Three minutes later, Gerad said "we'll get the players reactions shortly (meaning Boak and Howe, the 'players night' guests), they are the best judges of these things". Robinson waved his arms yelled "no they're not mate, they are not".

To me he really is like the resident drunk at every pub who is passionate about his footy, but in reality knows very little about it and makes absolutely no sense.

The show is always far better for his absence from it no matter who takes his place, and the sooner his first round of gout for the season kicks in the better.
It is one of medias great conundrums - how he continues to be a staple part of this nightly show and how he is the chief football writer at Victoria's biggest newspaper let alone the local free rag. He offers nothing. Nil. Nada. to anyones outlook or analysis of what has happened on or off the field.

Your fantastically efficient and well run club have never been easy to warm to or a headline grabber; always had a slightly robotic feel to them.
As opposed to yours, with a slightly tragic feel about them.

I am trying to record, and series link, AFL360 on Channel 500, however it also records, and series links, the same show on Channel 504 at the same time.

Can anyone help here and tell me how to stop the second recording.

Many thanks.

I am trying to record, and series link, AFL360 on Channel 500, however it also records, and series links, the same show on Channel 504 at the same time.

Can anyone help here and tell me how to stop the second recording.

Many thanks.

First question, why the hell (no pun intended) would anyone want to record 360? If you want to listen to drunk ranting, go down the pub.

Just wondering if she returned because of the fling with Nick or if Fox nudged her. So Nick gets an ultimatum and she wants to go home to get away from it all. Certainly re arranged the footy team lineup. Meanwhile Tom Morris slithering back into footh

Just wondering if she returned because of the fling with Nick or if Fox nudged her. So Nick gets an ultimatum and she wants to go home to get away from it all. Certainly re arranged the footy team lineup. Meanwhile Tom Morris slithering back into footh
Fox next year get to call all nine games. Right now they're slowly piecing together a team in each city so that they don't have to pay for travel. Kath moving a year early isn't a red flag, was probably just good negotiating on her part if she always wanted to go back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First game with the new 'standard' Perth lineup of Papalia, Pavlich, Schofield & Loughnan. Note no Special Comments from a melbourne-based ex-player.
Shame they can't organize a similar local line-up for SA games if nothing else.

Love this Perth crew - how this is not the template for Fox Footy's coverage is beyond me.

It truly begs belief how executives at Fox Footy can listen to Papalia after a game of inane dribble from Dwayne Russell and think "Ah yep both are ticking the box here".

It's absolutely perplexing.

It is one of medias great conundrums - how he continues to be a staple part of this nightly show and how he is the chief football writer at Victoria's biggest newspaper let alone the local free rag. He offers nothing. Nil. Nada. to anyones outlook or analysis of what has happened on or off the field.
Truly one of life’s great mysteries. 101% embarrassing.

Interesting to see how Robbo goes regarding recent events.
If the article he's put up today is anything to go by, he'll be quite ... 'emotional' tonight, I would think.

Robbo: Nothing to see here as AFL drugs policy ‘all based on lies’​

Other than deceiving the public, the clubs, the coaches and the large contingent of the playing cohort, there is nothing to see here, writes MARK ROBINSON of the AFL’s drug testing bombshell.

Interesting to see how Robbo goes regarding recent events.
If the article he's put up today is anything to go by, he'll be quite ... 'emotional' tonight, I would think.

Robbo: Nothing to see here as AFL drugs policy ‘all based on lies’​

Other than deceiving the public, the clubs, the coaches and the large contingent of the playing cohort, there is nothing to see here, writes MARK ROBINSON of the AFL’s drug testing bombshell.

I wonder how he would react to a club, coach and players who had issues with drugs especially if it is the club he supports ......

Please no! The bloke would disappear so far up his own arse if given that opportunity

Genuinely don’t think anybody would have a problem with him if he had a relatively normal sounding voice and didn’t have the nerdy persona.

In an industry that’s not just dominated by but ENTIRELY populated by ex footballers, a yobbo (Robinson), and sycophants like Hutchison and McGuire, he is the only one that even ATTEMPTS to bring any sort of intellectual analysis to the footy industry, and he’s the only one who attempts to romanticise footy at a level beyond ‘isn’t it fuggen good goin and gettin pissed with ya mates and avin a dozen tins and watchin the gaaaaame’

Genuinely don’t think anybody would have a problem with him if he had a relatively normal sounding voice and didn’t have the nerdy persona.

In an industry that’s not just dominated by but ENTIRELY populated by ex footballers, a yobbo (Robinson), and sycophants like Hutchison and McGuire, he is the only one that even ATTEMPTS to bring any sort of intellectual analysis to the footy industry, and he’s the only one who attempts to romanticise footy at a level beyond ‘isn’t it fuggen good goin and gettin pissed with ya mates and avin a dozen tins and watchin the gaaaaame’
Had no problem with him pre SEN days, but he's just as bad as the rest now. As I said, he's too far up his own arse and has an ego the size that any of those ex footballers have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back