Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Abstract

Does a senator's personal religion influence their legislative behavior in the Senate? To date, empirical research has answered this question only using senators’ religious traditions, while more concurrent work implies that religion should be measured as a multifaceted phenomenon. This study tests this proposition by compiling a unique data set of senators’ religion, conceptualized and measured by three different elements—belonging, beliefs, and behavior. The study estimates the association between these three religious facets and senators’ legislative behavior on economic, social, and foreign policy issues, while controlling for their constituencies’ political and religious preferences. It finds that religious beliefs are a strong predictor of senators’ legislative behavior, while religious tradition and behavior are mostly not. Furthermore, it finds that religious beliefs are associated with legislative behavior across a wide array of policy areas and are not confined to sociocultural issues.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/jssr.12535

See also: https://www.psypost.org/2018/09/stu...luence-on-senators-legislative-behavior-52222

I guess that sort of finding just confirms what a lot of us think already.

The US is full of guns, God & greed. What a terrible combination.

The way they treat their poor & sick is just 3rd world.

Their foreign policy also reflects this 'mentality'.

The US is more divided than ever. That spells danger for all of us.

There's SJW/NPC's that have a cult-like/religious beliefs they push in legislation, but they choose to label their views as something other than religious despite being adherents to SocJus orthodoxy and following its edicts with religious fervour. Christian religion in part on one side, Social Justice religion on the other. Those pushing a form of Christianity on the Right are minor in number compared to the Left, who're basically in lock-step with the SocJus agenda.

Being on the Left has gone beyond ideology, it's become a morality, hence its adherents have religious zealotry and are cult-like adherents to their Social Justice religion. If you don't believe as they do and you're not one of them, you're viewed as evil. "Bash the fash" is but one example of the Left's religious zealotry and fanaticism. It occurs because their ideology has morphed into a morality, whereby said fanatic feels morally justified inflicting violence and life-destroying harm on those who don't believe as they do because they think they're fighting against evil. KGB defector Yuri Bezmenov once stated of Leftists: "Never bother with Leftists... they're political prostitutes..."

This video explains Leftists and their religious fanaticism well:

Btw, the Right have their own flaws and issues, but Lefties calling out religiousity of some on the Right is a bit rich given the religious beliefs and zealotry of the Left.

Last edited:
Most christians in parliament pick and choose when to apply their faith. If Scummo was true to his supposed solid faith Australia would be working on the assumption the earth is about 2000 years old and that the jews must return to Jerusalem for the rapture to occur.
Only the Christians, of course.

Abstract

Does a senator's personal religion influence their legislative behavior in the Senate? To date, empirical research has answered this question only using senators’ religious traditions, while more concurrent work implies that religion should be measured as a multifaceted phenomenon. This study tests this proposition by compiling a unique data set of senators’ religion, conceptualized and measured by three different elements—belonging, beliefs, and behavior. The study estimates the association between these three religious facets and senators’ legislative behavior on economic, social, and foreign policy issues, while controlling for their constituencies’ political and religious preferences. It finds that religious beliefs are a strong predictor of senators’ legislative behavior, while religious tradition and behavior are mostly not. Furthermore, it finds that religious beliefs are associated with legislative behavior across a wide array of policy areas and are not confined to sociocultural issues.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/jssr.12535

See also: https://www.psypost.org/2018/09/stu...luence-on-senators-legislative-behavior-52222

You do realise that if we were to look at your beliefs and behaviors on this forum , you would be regarded as heavily religious.

• Banned
You do realise that if we were to look at your beliefs and behaviors on this forum , you would be regarded as heavily religious.

Pray tell, what doctrine am I foisting on people with my anarchism?

If advising people to take power for themselves makes me a religious zealot, then hand me my pope uniform.

secondly there's no evidence that all these fossils etc are connected from one to the other
they can be different collection of primates all along

for example you find a skeleton of a small monkry

a larger monkey

an even larger monkey

etc etc etc all randomly

till you get to a human head

then you go back and put them in your own order

that's why we have missing links

you're suggesting you can find everything but the main link is gone and cant be found

you might indeed liken yourself to a monkey but that doesn't mean we are

can I ask you a question?

have we finished our journey of mutations or are we still changing?

where is it going?

with everything behind us can scientists predict what we will be on five million years?

Not sure if we need another "religion" thread. We already have a few going, must be flavour of the month.
And another thread hijacked into a left bashing thread. Not that I am A fan of the left, but we're in a world where the right rule and rule violently. With thier Bibles and stock markets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back