Mega Thread The Father-Son Mega thread - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

If anything they should raise it. 150 games, maybe even more. The fact that there are dozens of players who've played 100+ games at multiple clubs shows that that milestone in and of itself isn't a great measure of how important it is that a given players offspring plays for the same club.

I'd be more in favour of a 200 game requirement with a one off 50 or 100 game discount for any premierships won at the club.

If it's not important to the kid they can simply nominate for the open draft like Marc Murphy did. The fact that they have a choice makes raising it a daft idea.

It's really unfathomable to think with so many star players that we had throughout the late 80's that we've had little to no good father son selections over the years since. Hopefully the boys from the 2008 premiership sides and the 3 soon after pull their fingers out and up their efficiency. Hopefully Cyril is on to this as we speak (jokes) or not :moustache:

It's really unfathomable to think with so many star players that we had throughout the late 80's that we've had little to no good father son selections over the years since. Hopefully the boys from the 2008 premiership sides and the 3 soon after pull their fingers out and up their efficiency. Hopefully Cyril is on to this as we speak (jokes) or not :moustache:

Well Burgers, Hodgey and Mitchell have a few boys amongst them!

Well Burgers, Hodgey and Mitchell have a few boys amongst them!

Yeah I'm not talking about just having boys but rather ones that actually go on to play AFL. You'll find that many of our 80s champions had boys too but for whatever reason a champion footballer doesn't always yield a champion footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I'm not talking about just having boys but rather ones that actually go on to play AFL. You'll find that many of our 80s champions had boys too but for whatever reason a champion footballer doesn't always yield a champion footballer.

It's not just the father's bloodline though.

The father sons I'm really holding for are Silk's. Erin Phillips is Amy Burgoyne's sister.

Just think about that for a few moments.

The father sons I'm really holding for are Silk's. Erin Phillips is Amy Burgoyne's sister.

Ky's the oldest son. He'd be around 14. Not showing any signs as yet as a player. Was hoping to hear stories of him kicking 10 at some U14's local game, lol.

Very exciting family footballing pedigree, but I won't get too excited just yet. Remember that Michael Tuck married an Ablett and while his sons were handy footballers, they weren't world beaters.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back