Mega Thread The Father-Son Mega thread - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

That's good news, but we don't want him costing us too much.

Maybe it's time for young Finn to declare his passion for cricket and publicly question his own commitment to AFL...
Not sure if this was written in Sarcastica font, but I know clubs have done this from time to time. I reckon the kids are better off playing as much footy as early as possible and learning as much as they can. I'm happy to pay the right price for him if he is that good. We also do already get a discount, so happy with that! Would just love to have a top notch FS on the list!

Tom Graham - is a KPF, has good hands and is a bit stiff when he moves, doesnt look like he will be drafted, so not going to get anyones hopes up

Finn Maginness - looks like a 2nd round type player, Essendon will probably use their first round pick to make us pay, but he is worth it with the f/s discount

then theres a few sons of ex players that didnt play 100 games for us like

Noah Anderson - top 3
Harrison Minton-Connell - last half of draft
Hugo Ralphsmith - last half of draft

Sandy Dragons won in a tight game against Oakleigh Chargers, with Finn Maginness BOG in the win. 22 touches including 9 kicks, 13 handballs, 2 marks, 2 tackles and 6 I50’s to go with his goal.

His younger brother is meant to be better as well (at the same age anyway) I think he is about 13?

Tom Graham - is a KPF, has good hands and is a bit stiff when he moves, doesnt look like he will be drafted, so not going to get anyones hopes up

Finn Maginness - looks like a 2nd round type player, Essendon will probably use their first round pick to make us pay, but he is worth it with the f/s discount

then theres a few sons of ex players that didnt play 100 games for us like

Noah Anderson - top 3
Harrison Minton-Connell - last half of draft
Hugo Ralphsmith - last half of draft
This. Dodoro will bid.

I saw Finn play in his Under 15 year and got to admit I was a little underwhelmed. He has obviously improved. Has anyone on here seen him play recently. What style of mid is he. Inside/outside/hard, honest like his Dad/Speed/Size/Disposal/Reader/Game dense ???????

"Some clubs have been impressed enough by Maginness to rate him inside the top-25 in the early stages of this season. The 18-year-old has played as an inside midfielder early in this year but is also adept as being a run-and-carry option"

"He spent 10 days with Hawthorn and they were rapt with him. The feedback we got from them was that he was comfortable within the group and everything they chucked at him he took it as a challenge," said Sandringham Dragons talent manager Mark Wheeler.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vice-captain Finn Maginness was named best-on-ground for Sandringham after gathering 24 disposals (17 contested), four clearances and kicking a goal against one of the strongest midfields in the competition.

“I thought this was one of Finn’s most complete games, he really showed his inside work around stoppage – he had 17 contested possessions from his 24 disposals which proves he is an inside-mid this year,” assistant coach Jackson Kornberg said.

“He generally used the ball pretty well and showed he can get on the outside too, he had tremendous front-half impact with six inside-50’s which is pretty big.”

With the new capacity to trade on draft night who is to say we don't end up with both Finn and Noah. Especially if we spin the Wright magic.

With the new capacity to trade on draft night who is to say we don't end up with both Finn and Noah. Especially if we spin the Wright magic.

With the way Noah Anderson is playing, we'd have to land a #1 pick to be a certainty of getting him.

Love hearing Finn is doing well

Noah Anderson playing anywhere but Hawks isn't going to be good viewing

Not if he's drafted by the Gold C*nts and then requests a trade to Hawthorn a couple of years later. I'm hoping like hell that they finish last again so it happens. It really will be the only way we can eventually snag him.

I saw Finn play in his Under 15 year and got to admit I was a little underwhelmed. He has obviously improved. Has anyone on here seen him play recently. What style of mid is he. Inside/outside/hard, honest like his Dad/Speed/Size/Disposal/Reader/Game dense ???????

The amount of improvement these kids show between 1 to 2 years is ridiculous. Sometimes it could be something as simply adding some kgs or cms that gives them the confidence to hold their own that they didn't before. Sometimes it might be that the coordination in their young bodies just clicks. You can just never take your eyes off them cause they develop at different speeds. Let's just hop his little brother ends up being just as good too eh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back