Religion The God Question - part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh,I see,the invisible,is now the life force known as god?
Are you a Star Wars fan Pro?

Struggling aren't ya?!

Yes....It is.

Not in my view and certainly not worthy of worship.

The 'god' I have been speaking of is defined as:
  1. the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being. Omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient.
  2. a superhuman being or spirit worshipped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity.
Once again, there is no evidence for either. Such a being exists on faith alone.

1. the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being. Omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient.
  2. a superhuman being or spirit worshipped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity.
Once again, there is no evidence for either. Such a being exists on faith alone.

You asked for some empirical evidence.

I have supplied you the necessary pre-condition for the acquisition of that evidence.

The suspension of the laws of nature have never been categorically proven in the entire recorded history of humanity.
Miracles,revelations,prayer etc are without serious material foundation.
The conscious mind is given far too much gravitas with the faithful.
I play golf at Centenary Golf in Frankston,there is a Crow that sits in a tree at the 10th green 11th tee that waits for you to putt or tee-off.
This bird has the ability to open zips and buttons to get at stored food in your buggy,it is extraordinary cognitive displays of behaviour.
It's a conscious being know doubt,magnificent leaned behaviour,does it fit with how important some perceive the human consciousness?
I'm proud to be an evolved ape,some people struggle with this proven concept,if there is another theory worthy of discussion on the importance of our conscious mind,I'd like to hear it.
I'm yet to witness the importance of why we are sooooo special.

You asked for some empirical evidence.

But I'm afraid you haven't supplied any evidence of the existence of an omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient creator and ruler of the universe. Nor have you supplied any evidence of the existence of a superhuman being or spirit having power over nature or human fortunes.

I have supplied you the necessary pre-condition for the acquisition of that evidence.

Ahh...that conscious force which you call "god". So 'god' is still little more but a force / product of human consciousness. A finite infinite, a mere projection of consciousness. I am 'God'. We are all 'God'.

I play golf at Centenary Golf in Frankston,there is a Crow that sits in a tree at the 10th green 11th tee that waits for you to putt or tee-off.
This bird has the ability to open zips and buttons to get at stored food in your buggy,it is extraordinary cognitive displays of behaviour.
It's a conscious being know doubt,magnificent learned behaviour,

The Crow is 'god'. I worship it.

b84347ad3b5b37480a13008c93da13cf.jpg

But I'm afraid you haven't supplied any evidence of the existence of an omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient creator and ruler of the universe. Nor have you supplied any evidence of the existence of a superhuman being or spirit having power over nature or human fortunes.

Ahh...that conscious force which you call "god". So 'god' is still little more but a force / product of human consciousness. A finite infinite, a mere projection of consciousness. I am 'God'. We are all 'God'.

I dont think he understands what makes an empirical evidence. You are wasting your time.

You're in my field now amigo....That self-same consciousness you rely & depend upon for apprehending my meaning....Allowing for your reply.

You can only grasp empirical material evidence via the invisible conscience.

No invisible consciousness = zero empirical evidence.

You're welcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're in my field now amigo....That self-same consciousness you rely & depend upon for apprehending my meaning....Allowing for your reply.

You're welcome.

Same argument as Deepak Chopra, ffs.

What if consciousness is a product of the brain?

How can you prove consciousness can exist independent of the brain?

what about bacteria/virus' who are also "aware" of their surroundings, without a brain?

Does that mean bacterias a conscious beings too?

You're in my field now amigo....

Yes I know. Metaphysics. My body is merely a holographic projection of my consciousness.

That self-same consciousness you rely & depend upon for apprehending my meaning....Allowing for your reply.

Apprehending? Is it handcuffs again? Or do you mean "comprehending"? Or doesn't your invisible consciousness care?

A statement that the invisible consciousness actually exists, is meaningful only if there can be empirical evidence for or against it.

Yes I know. Metaphysics. My body is merely a holographic projection of my consciousness.

Apprehending? Is it handcuffs again? Or do you mean "comprehending"? Or doesn't your invisible consciousness care?

A statement that the invisible consciousness actually exists, is meaningful only if there can be empirical evidence for or against it.

You want to affirm the primacy of empirical evidence while dismissing the modus & source of their 'apprehension' in the same breath.

Please recognize that our nature & being is a compendium of the visible & invisible....You cannot have 1 without the other.

The Invisible consciousness?

One, you can put people into MRI machine etc and "see" their brain working, their consciousness. We know that your consciousness is damaged when you Brain is damaged.

SO if consciousness is god and everyone has one, does that me there are millions of separate gods?
How can you damage god? Is that not impossible.

Two. at the corner of my local park there is a Pee Wee that waits at the terrific lights for trucks to stop and then He lands on the bulbar and eats the
insects stuck on the grill. There is a beeping Blind pedestrian walk / don't walk machine there and the bird uses the beeping to know when to get off the trucks. Is my Pee Wee god? He's consciousness and has clearly worked stuff out.

Should we have an amazing bird thread

Some people are thick, i am not sure why you bother.

I guess it amuses me. Philosophers seem to think that the study of the mind is solely their province, but neuroscience is beginning to make strides to solving the problem of understanding consciousness from an evidence-based perspective. Empirical evidence. Certainly it is well established that chemically and electrically interacting with the brain can modify or extinguish consciousness (dreamless sleep, general anesthesia, drugs, brain death).

For example science is now suggesting that consciousness may have been pinpointed in the rostral dorsolateral pontine tegmentum, a small area of the brainstem. Scientists have also been able to switch off consciousness by electrically stimulating a single brain area. - the claustrum.

What sort of a 'god' is it that we can switch it off when we want to?

Last edited:
You know that if you take weed, coke, e, etc your invisible conscious is completely changed, so god can be changed by taking a snoot full of marching powder?

For example science is now suggesting that consciousness may have been pinpointed in the rostral dorsolateral pontine tegmentum, a small area of the brainstem. Scientists have also been able to switch off consciousness by electrically stimulating a single brain area. - the claustrum.

This is the question, if consciousness exists independent of the brain which Conspirator35 is suggesting, then what evidence do we have for that, even if its anecdotal in nature? so if brain cant or dont function normally what happens so that said "consciousness". Do people still hear/see things in a coma? or if you can "switch off" the area of the brain like you are saying and become unconscious, then where does that consciousness go? If consciousness cannot function without a brain is it really "independent" of the brain? so what exactly is consciousness then? product of the brain?

You're the one that first asserted that an "invisible conscious force is what is meant by the term God", in the "The God Question" thread.

Correct....And that self-same invisible & universal conscious life-force, is what we mean by God.

If you're looking for 3 dimensional empirical evidence, then you're in the wrong thread.

Invisible conscience is an ontological fact of our being....It is irreducible to empirical evidence....Like it, or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back