THE GRESH - Rising Star Nominee

Remove this Banner Ad

sitting around where we would have taken him had we kept 5(6)

Plus I was trying not to be biased. I actually think I'd have Gresh only behind Weitering. Mills I love and he will be a 250 game Enright type but he is a bit vanilla. Parish a scrappy type but lacks the x factor. Gresh has already proven to be a match winner kicking crucial goals in close games against Geelong and Essendung.

I've already said it on this forum when he first played some games at the start of this year but I have to say it again - How much does he play like Sam Mitchell(Hawks) with his natural ability to baulk, turn and kick with either foot. We've got ourselves a beauty, well done Trout!!

Where would Gresh go in the draft if re-done?

1. Weitering
2. Parish
3. Mills
4. Gresham
5. Oliver

Top 5? Maybe throw in Hipwood or Schache? Hopper, Kennedy, Francis, Milera, etc haven't been given much opportunity.

Not a bad draft was it.

Where would Gresh go in the draft if re-done?

1. Weitering
2. Parish
3. Mills
4. Gresham
5. Oliver

Top 5? Maybe throw in Hipwood or Schache? Hopper, Kennedy, Francis, Milera, etc haven't been given much opportunity.
I reckon Milera will surprise a few, so so classy with the ball, its ridiculous.

I've already said it on this forum when he first played some games at the start of this year but I have to say it again - How much does he play like Sam Mitchell(Hawks) with his natural ability to baulk, turn and kick with either foot. We've got ourselves a beauty, well done Trout!!

Yea he's a beauty. I still think Ablett is the best comparison. The way he hunches over, has a low centre of gravity, strong core and agility and ability to bounce back up like a cat.

Yea he's a beauty. I still think Ablett is the best comparison. The way he hunches over, has a low centre of gravity, strong core and agility and ability to bounce back up like a cat.

Never mind his ability to toss people over his head when being tackled :rolleyes:

I reckon Milera will surprise a few, so so classy with the ball, its ridiculous.

We're less than a season in! I'm sure all the players taken ahead of Gresh will show things and most will turn into decent players.

Hopper for one is gonna be a freak. And I liked the looks of Rioli on Friday night.

Certainly pretty happy with the player we ended up with.

Comparing GAJ to Gresh when it comes to their first years isn't nuts at all. Anyone who watched young GAJ play knows that he started out with a pretty much identical role to Gresh. Gresh even moves in a similar way to him. Of course no one is saying they will end up the same players, more that, if we want Gresh to move into the midfield in the future we have a perfect career template to follow in GAJ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weitering will be a best 22 player for the next decade, but with 3 picks in the top 12, massive let down if one isn't an out and out star.

Just for shits and giggles... Blues could have walked away with Oliver, Gresham & Milera.

Glad Jade is ours, and kind of want another first rounder to see if the hot streak can continue.

Weitering will be a best 22 player for the next decade, but with 3 picks in the top 12, massive let down if one isn't an out and out star.

Just for shits and giggles... Blues could have walked away with Oliver, Gresham & Milera.

Glad Jade is ours, and kind of want another first rounder to see if the hot streak can continue.
looks like carlton have had another shambolic draft, its going to be one of the longest ugliest rebuilds in the history of alf

Compare Weitering to any key defender in their first year then. Over the past 20 or so years has there been any that have transitioned to the AFL with such ease?
Daniel Talia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back