Analysis the Josh Treacy effect

Remove this Banner Ad

He seems to be one of those people that have a mature big body at a young age. They dominate junior footy. In Treacy's case though he has the speed and ground skills to go with his size. Probably grow another 2 cm and 2kgs. Watching his first shot on goal from the angle I was thinking he would go around the corner. He seems to do the tradional straight drop punt which works fine for him in front but maybe on tight angles needs to add the banana to his list.

Remember when Suma recently said TBC shouldn't be "thrown to the wolves" and played too early?

Said he'd seen a bit of him and that he wasn't ready, unlike someone like Logan McDonald.

Suma is a gift that just keeps on giving.
In regards to Suma see the media thread. He’s been involved in some absolute gold tonight!

His tackling is what I really like about him. He corralled a dude in the pocket and he had absolutely nowhere to go. Love that sh*t

He does it repeatedly too - his bumps on the kicker, corralling - he's deceivingly quick by the looks, and puts in good effort to mow people down

He seems to be one of those people that have a mature big body at a young age. They dominate junior footy. In Treacy's case though he has the speed and ground skills to go with his size. Probably grow another 2 cm and 2kgs. Watching his first shot on goal from the angle I was thinking he would go around the corner. He seems to do the tradional straight drop punt which works fine for him in front but maybe on tight angles needs to add the banana to his list.

I think he’s confident in his drop punt and that should be encouraged. So many modern players are caught in two minds between the drop punt and the snap, you can tell it muddles their focus and they don’t have a reliable routine.

Treacy looks like a drop punt you can set your watch to kind of guy, he’s probably had tens of thousands of shots growing up, drop punts from all angles.
I’m sure he can nail them in tight, we’ve still had a very small sample size so I wouldn’t be getting in his ear yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m late to footy, and Fev was around just as i started watching but there seems a bit of Fev about him. Sort of a fast steam train running over people in his way sort of thing? Fast, straight lines. Don’t know how Fev was on with defensive pressure though, but i love that about Treacy!

I’m late to footy, and Fev was around just as i started watching but there seems a bit of Fev about him. Sort of a fast steam train running over people in his way sort of thing? Fast, straight lines. Don’t know how Fev was on with defensive pressure though, but i love that about Treacy!

Ah Fev, he could play for sure but he needed a full time minder between games as he was a trouble magnet.

Hopefully our boy Treacy is a model citizen off the field. At the slightest hint of any off field misdeeds the local media will crucify him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back