Analysis the Josh Treacy effect

Remove this Banner Ad

Sadly, I have to agree with this. He’s never really shown any affinity for the position of 2nd tall forward whereas Amiss looks like a natural up there. Like Tabs, Treacy seems to let the defender dominate him, he doesn’t create separation in a contest and he’s not particularly strong overhead when he’s in a contest. I’m not writing him off as a forward, we all know how desperate we are to find one but it’s looking 50/50 at the moment whether he can do it or not.

For what it’s worth I think Treacy could be a really good 2nd tall defender. He’s quick, aggressive, has terrific repeat efforts and a reliable kick. I know we don’t need another defender but I’d hate to lose him just because he doesn’t excel in the position we want him to play. If we do lose him I could see him becoming another Croad or Tarrant type loss but we won’t get anything for him. For all we know he could be another James Sicily but with a bit of extra height.

You've got a short memory. Treacy looked a natural young KPF in his first season.

The lack of any patience from this board on players in general let alone young ones learning the game at the highest level is ridiculous.
But if we acknowledge we need time to develop key b22 players than we are acknowledging that we aren't in top four contention. If this is the case than bringing in JOM was dumb and we should be giving development time to Ras, Johno, Henry etc.

Watching Tabs get subbed last week, and take too long for his kick tonight and general inability to take a mark or even lead, can someone explain to me why Treacy was the one dropped?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously?

Don't get me wrong I love Treacy, he's just always reminded me of him.

I'm just saying his appearance resembles one of the most morally devoid and evil men in history - Reinhardt Heidrich.

While we're at it - Slap the appropriate uniform on him and bamm, in Rory Lobb you've got yourself the archetypal WWII German prison camp guard. At least with him, its not just appearance but characteristic similarities.

Attachments

• 2024-03-29 22_06_46-heydrich-standing-color.jpg (700×372) - Brave.png
    2024-03-29 22_06_46-heydrich-standing-color.jpg (700×372) - Brave.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
When Treacy first started out for us he was like a large labrador puppy - full of energy a bit uncoordinated but that raw talent was there and his potential was visible early.

So glad we backed him, he's come a long way and his on forward presence, imposing character and communication just slots in perfectly. He's already brilliant but over the next couple of years he will be something else.

When Treacy first started out for us he was like a large labrador puppy - full of energy a bit uncoordinated but that raw talent was there and his potential was visible early.

So glad we backed him, he's come a long way and his on forward presence, imposing character and communication just slots in perfectly. He's already brilliant but over the next couple of years he will be something else.
Darcy can not come back sooner. Treacy has to ruck and cover the ground so naturally he's not going to score as much. Taberner also gets in his way which doesn't help.

Darcy can not come back sooner. Treacy has to ruck and cover the ground so naturally he's not going to score as much. Taberner also gets in his way which doesn't help.

Jako, I'm glad you say this because these are such good quality problems to have! Even Tabs had moments last night, what if he just keeps improving from here? Sky is the limit at the moment!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back