Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Lead Sponsor of Crazy Topkent's Alternate Adventures

Remove this Banner Ad

Before:

I see this as a winnable game for us. The Demons are still one of the most mentally weak teams in the competition. Need to get inside their head early on & they will come back to the field.
This is definitely a winnable game for us. The Dees are coming off a big interstate win over a bottom four side..there'll be plenty of back slapping and 'how good are we' about the flight home.
I have just had an epiphany ... **** Melbourne ... they are going down Sunday.
We've got more intestinal fortitude And Melbourne have been ordinary lately. If they are off and we bring our hard edge, we are a show.
We are in with a shot aren’t we . Bring intensity over the whole four quarters.
Game on now.
******* oath.
Am I delusional for thinking we may be able to beat the dees? Last time we played them we only lost by one goal in the last 5 minutes and really should’ve won. With Murphy coming back and maybe Weitering with his (hopefully) new found confidence and form and the whole team coming off the back of a morale lifting win last week... Will be interesting, and we should be able to scare them at least.
Team is looking half reasonable at last and, with a win and the monkey off the back I'm tipping a win here
Mark my words we are a big show here and I'm not talking about Maxwell...

After:

Sweet ******* jesus.
I’m off to get some heroin, and lots of it.

I was going to quote all of the posters who were using Ed Curnow's suspension as an excuse for an 18 goal loss, but I would have to quote basically the entire 9 pages they've put together so far.
My favourites are when they quote all the players missing from there best 22, and like 4-5 of the 10 of them are just playing in the VFL after being dropped within the last few weeks.

My favourites are when they quote all the players missing from there best 22, and like 4-5 of the 10 of them are just playing in the VFL after being dropped within the last few weeks.
"BLOODY WEITERING IS RUBBISH, DROP HIM"

"Yeah look it was a rough loss, but we really missed Weitering".

Carlton are propaganda kings. Every young player that misses a game has a mystery injury.

This is the third year of Bolton's rebuild and it is currently failing miserable, but so many of their fans swallow the company line.

Spotted on the St Kilda board.

Defies belief that a team with a third-gamer who’s a better kicking, faster version of Fyfe, a “beastmode” KPF, the GOAT and a potentially “deadly” ruck has one win after five games.
Who are the players they are referring to? I honestly can't think of any saints that come close to those descriptions?

The death riding Melbourne thread is good at the moment. So many mixed emotions. Some saying we’re no good. Others conceding defeat this week as the have their seconds in. Some suggesting we are going to make finals and the thread should be shut. Another guy keeps going through the draw and having us on 12 wins. With them beating us twice.

The death riding Melbourne thread is good at the moment. So many mixed emotions. Some saying we’re no good. Others conceding defeat this week as the have their seconds in. Some suggesting we are going to make finals and the thread should be shut. Another guy keeps going through the draw and having us on 12 wins. With them beating us twice.
You guys coming in full stength? We've somehow struck the hammy curse... Not even our runners can escape... Missing 9 of our best 22... Really .. You guys should win ... If you lose .. Id be very concerned if i were you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys coming in full stength? We've somehow struck the hammy curse... Not even our runners can escape... Missing 9 of our best 22... Really .. You guys should win ... If you lose .. Id be very concerned if i were you.
It’s been a long time since we’ve had supporters from the top sides making comments like this.

From a Blues fan of considerable years on this site, deep in the last quarter.

They have weaknesses on every line...they are winning through superior fitness alone.

That old chestnut.
Conceding before the teams have even been announced.
I suspect Tex standing on the sidelines with that faux tough guy look on his face and hands by his sides might rattle our boys.
Crows by 5 goals

I read this the other day, but didn't think to post it until just before when they were talking about it on SEN ... https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/05...lofty-expectations-for-this-group-of-players/

St Kilda President Peter Summers has to say ...
We said when we set our plan we expect to be around top four and at the start of the year we believed if we got consistency right, we were a side that could compete week in week out with everyone
We set some very ambitious goals and we don’t back away from those at all, but I think where we’re at right now is a reflection of not meeting our capabilities more than setting expectations that are beyond those capabilities.
There’s clearly a big part of our underperformance this year and our being below expectations that come from not getting reward for effort.
So they're a top 4 side, but for some inconsistency, and some inaccurate goal kicking ... riiight ... cool. No doubt their goal kicking is costing them in the contest, but bad kicking is bad footy. It's not good that they set this very clearly over ambitious expectations on the team this year, but if you have, at 1-1-7 with a percentage under 70, surely you have to reevaluate?

The Richmond result last year, we’ve beaten GWS, drawn with them this year, almost a huge win in Adelaide last year against Port Adelaide, we’ve shown that our top end is highly competitive.
And in case he hadn't made a big enough fool of himself, he decided to double down with some "evidence" of their immense talent, by pointing to the game they didn't win or lose this year, and a couple of good performances last yeah, punctuated by one that completely screwed in the last minute and lost!

I read this the other day, but didn't think to post it until just before when they were talking about it on SEN ... https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/05...lofty-expectations-for-this-group-of-players/

St Kilda President Peter Summers has to say ...

So they're a top 4 side, but for some inconsistency, and some inaccurate goal kicking ... riiight ... cool. No doubt their goal kicking is costing them in the contest, but bad kicking is bad footy. It's not good that they set this very clearly over ambitious expectations on the team this year, but if you have, at 1-1-7 with a percentage under 70, surely you have to reevaluate?

And in case he hadn't made a big enough fool of himself, he decided to double down with some "evidence" of their immense talent, by pointing to the game they didn't win or lose this year, and a couple of good performances last yeah, punctuated by one that completely screwed in the last minute and lost!

That is some atrocious spin.

That is some atrocious spin.
Isn't it! I get trying to paint a positive picture in the preseason, but when you're 16th at Round 9, surely it's time for some realism!

I'm actually interested to hear from Alan Richardson on AFL360 tonight, which is the first time I've been interested about anything he's got to say since the first 2-3 minutes of his first show.

Fair point, which I was just about to make. We need to start challenging and beating top teams (particularly when they are undermanned) - not just whipping the lower ranked undermanned teams. It will be annoying if we drop this game to the Crows, considering their injuries and its a home game we've sold.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back