Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Lead Sponsor of Crazy Topkent's Alternate Adventures

Remove this Banner Ad

The Freo trading thread makes this too easy.... and i'm bored.

On the Hogan Rumours

"For what little it's worth I think it was Robbo on 360 who said he did the ring around and this felt different than previous years and really thought that Melbourne could listen to the right offer."

"There appears to be a lot more smoke this time. Even some very reputable/connected Demon posters who were laughing at us in previous years, have heard things." -------- Whose this?

Need some salsa to go with that chip on your shoulder?

"Fremantle securing Tom Lynch would be the biggest football story since Essendon shredding the spreadsheet.
It would attract the scorn of the entire Victorian football industry, they feel they have a right to him and will get him - so until he nominated one of them, they all think they have him, they will all feel robbed."

With the silly season coming up, should the Ridiculous Trade Thread make a comeback? Or can it rest within the Kamry Krows thread?
I think this will do it.

We can rethink it if looney trades burst the seams. Could happen - I glanced at the drafts trades board. Wow. Every second post is nuts and every other in between is trolling.

"Melbourne clearly want Preuss quite a lot considering he's decided to nominate them despite Gawn. Given what you paid for Lever, I wouldn't be surprised if you paid a second rounder or late first"

That wasnt even from a North supporter, a Bulldogs supporter threw that one up. :drunk:

I was just reminded because I just saw the ad. But during Whately on SEN today, a guy called in to say ...

Gerard was very impressive to not laugh out loud at him.
I heard that too. Poor bloke would have gotten off the phone and checked the spelling of Gawn. Then hoped no one he knew heard him on the radio

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Loving the Collingwood vs Weagles supporter showdown on the main board, Weagles supporters keep throwing around "troll" because they dont know that Collingwood supporters are ****ed in the head.

Loving the Collingwood vs Weagles supporter showdown on the main board, Weagles supporters keep throwing around "troll" because they dont know that Collingwood supporters are ****** in the head.
Can we have a counter for the times mentioned Collingwood have an unfair advantage at the MCG?

Can we have a counter for the times mentioned Collingwood have an unfair advantage at the MCG?
They do though. Look how difficult it was for us travelling last Saturday. The finals offer a 50/50 ticket split, but flights are scandalous so most of teh active support will be Collingwood.

Melbourne IN: May
Freo IN: Hogan + 4
Gold Coast IN: Sutcliffe + 22
Brisbane IN: Neale

How about that guys? We get Hogan, 4 and keep our other picks.

Oh boy.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Nah, I like it. All these trades where people hope others won't notice that one or more of the clubs are getting robbed are endearing.

Not liking where this is heading.
The fix is on with the umpiring. Every time we look like surging or breaking away they pay one to turn it back.

Infuriating.

Collingwood board

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andy Brayshaw already has greater trade value than Hogan.No way do we want to trade our next captain

The Freo board is a gold mine at the moment.

Genius, make the Hogan trade first for unders and plead clemency for having no picks to give up. THEN drive the hard bargain with Brisbane and get the picks after all!

The hogan trade should happen first. Dangerfield cost geelong pick 9 and 28. If port is willing to swap 5 for 9 and 10, make the trade then send 9 to melbourne and next years first or second. If they need hogan gone the second may get it done, highly unlikely though. If the Hogan trade is done we don't have to give up a top 5 pick to Melbourne, and we have less picks for melbourne to ask for or swap. You play hardball with brisbane, we want the dane beams deal (equilaven), pick 5, 25 and jack crisp, thats it. For us pick 4 and 2 second rounders or staracevich. Two firsts would be great but its unlikely. If it falls through chances are with hogan freo make finals, neale decides he actually likes playing in a winning team and accepts the big offer here, worst case we get a first round pick.

Genius, make the Hogan trade first for unders and plead clemency for having no picks to give up. THEN drive the hard bargain with Brisbane and get the picks after all!

With Hogan they are playing finals? They are more delusional than i thought.

With Hogan they are playing finals? They are more delusional than i thought.
I just read the last few pages of their Trade thread ... thry’re at peak delusion. Every scenario involves them keeping Pick 4 from Bris, and also us sending them a 2nd rounder along with Hogan.

I just read the last few pages of their Trade thread ... thry’re at peak delusion. Every scenario involves them keeping Pick 4 from Bris, and also us sending them a 2nd rounder along with Hogan.

The reason Hogan is being hugely undervalued on our board is concerns over his navicular fracture. A couple of our posters have indicated that this injury is notoriously difficult to overcome and potentially career threatening. It’s been put forward as the reason Melbourne are willing to trade in the first place. We’ve recently been bitten by the Harley Bennell trade so people are very cautious about selling the farm.

Hogan has been the best young key forward since Buddy and is tracking better than Kennedy despite the hardships he’s faced.

The reason Hogan is being hugely undervalued on our board is concerns over his navicular fracture. A couple of our posters have indicated that this injury is notoriously difficult to overcome and potentially career threatening. It’s been put forward as the reason Melbourne are willing to trade in the first place. We’ve recently been bitten by the Harley Bennell trade so people are very cautious about selling the farm.

Hogan has been the best young key forward since Buddy and is tracking better than Kennedy despite the hardships he’s faced.
You are in a thread called The Loony Bin specifically dedicated to mocking other boards and their crazy calls. Just pointing it out.

You are in a thread called The Loony Bin specifically dedicated to mocking other boards and their crazy calls. Just pointing it out.

You're better than this.

And with respect, your posters know sweet FA about his injury. Just like us. Why on earth would the Dockers be offering him a Godfather deal if there was any chance he is crocked? What I do know is that Melbourne isn’t going to take unders to shift him off the books when

1. Navicular injuries have harmed a handful of careers, most players are fine
2. Fremantle isn’t going to fall for it

The only reasons Hogan would be going back to WA would be

1. He requests it, and we grant it knowing his personal issues and the value we will get with him still in contract
2. Fremantle throw a bucketload of cash at him, which is what all the info from both sides point to
3. Melbourne see him as expendable because Weideman is more versatile (less likely, but perhaps Weid is the reason it’s not all panic stations)

If you want quality, you pay. It’s really that simple, hopefully the guys in your board aren’t shocked when you do indeed sell the proverbial farm for a guy who will kick 500 goals at Freo.

And with respect, your posters know sweet FA about his injury. Just like us. Why on earth would the Dockers be offering him a Godfather deal if there was any chance he is crocked? What I do know is that Melbourne isn’t going to take unders to shift him off the books when

1. Navicular injuries have harmed a handful of careers, most players are fine
2. Fremantle isn’t going to fall for it

The only reasons Hogan would be going back to WA would be

1. He requests it, and we grant it knowing his personal issues and the value we will get with him still in contract
2. Fremantle throw a bucketload of cash at him, which is what all the info from both sides point to
3. Melbourne see him as expendable because Weideman is more versatile (less likely, but perhaps Weid is the reason it’s not all panic stations)

If you want quality, you pay. It’s really that simple, hopefully the guys in your board aren’t shocked when you do indeed sell the proverbial farm for a guy who will kick 500 goals at Freo.

I agree with everything you’ve said, I was just giving some context to the undervaluing of Hogan. I know f all about the injury myself so happy to hear he’s likely to recover fully.

Personally I don’t think he’s coming in any case. Hogan or his management would have at least acknowledged that he was considering it by now.

I agree with everything you’ve said, I was just giving some context to the undervaluing of Hogan. I know f all about the injury myself so happy to hear he’s likely to recover fully.

Personally I don’t think he’s coming in any case. Hogan or his management would have at least acknowledged that he was considering it by now.

Mate it’s an absolute lock

Remove this Banner Ad

Back