Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Lead Sponsor of Crazy Topkent's Alternate Adventures

Remove this Banner Ad

You had a guard try and evict you for swearing at a game?

WTF

Yep! One of our players got taken high and subsequently pinged for holding the ball and I said something along the lines of "What was that he ripped his ******* head off"

I was like if he kicks me out for that I'm never attending another live match so * him Im standing my ground.

Yep! One of our players got taken high and subsequently pinged for holding the ball and I said something along the lines of "What was that he ripped his ******* head off"

I was like if he kicks me out for that I'm never attending another live match so fu** him Im standing my ground.

Jesus. Security clearly haven’t been near my area for our games against north over the years.

Jesus. Security clearly haven’t been near my area for our games against north over the years.
Probably because they have heard all about you schmuttt , they know you are coming in and asked to be reassigned to another area! :rolleyes: :cool::cool:

For some reason, I feel like your definition of “swearing” is actually something worth getting kicked out for ... and it’s what I like about you the most

Yes, and @blitznu’s post strangely didn’t include any swearing. This time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For some reason, I feel like your definition of “swearing” is actually something worth getting kicked out for ... and it’s what I like about you the most
Man i sit there quiet as all * at the footy. Looking ahead of the ball or whatever study the s**t outta that *er. i only start being a cheeky campaigner once the eagles keep sooking. I did play on Hore pretty good that day. It was just some upset ******* moron cause we were winning and the umps were cheating and heres some Melbourne fan in the eagles members giving his eagle mate a lil stick after a goal. When im In melbourne i wont say a word the whole game.

Firstly I d start by saying that picking a team of the upcoming decade is a near impossible task (which is what makes it so much fun!)
It is likely that hardly any of us will get overly close.it is likely players we are yet to see will be in the team.
For that reason I d go a very different route.
Take Oliver for example, he is a very good player who any club would love to have him. He'll probably finish with 300 games and a couple best and fairest, but he is just not brilliant enough or damaging enough to be a team of the decade player. He is comparable to Josh Kennedy, as good as he is, he doesn't get a look in for team of the decade. Guys like Danger, Dusty and Pendlebury take those spots.
I see the logic of the not picking guys after 93, but the existing stars that have long contracts will probably get a bit of cred for pre 2020 form. I'd seriously consider Jeremy Cameron and Steve Cognilo (Giants bias acknowledged), at least you know they will be bona fide stars for the front half the decade.
For the yet to be proven players I'd go for the guys who could be brilliant stars and hope for longevity. They may end up having a lesser career than the sure bet of an Oliver, but if it works out have the potential to be a team of the decade player. So have Rankine, the King twins, Lukocious, Rayner and Noah Anderson in consideration, all have limitless ceilings. I think Cripps, Bontapelli and Whitfield are the most obvious selections. Already superstars and have the brilliance to stand out over a decade of great players. I think Naughton and Sam Taylor (again possible Giants bias) are my next 2 very good choices.

Talk about underrating Oliver. This is from the draft board in response to Oliver being in a projected team of this decade.

Firstly I d start by saying that picking a team of the upcoming decade is a near impossible task (which is what makes it so much fun!)
It is likely that hardly any of us will get overly close.it is likely players we are yet to see will be in the team.
For that reason I d go a very different route.
Take Oliver for example, he is a very good player who any club would love to have him. He'll probably finish with 300 games and a couple best and fairest, but he is just not brilliant enough or damaging enough to be a team of the decade player. He is comparable to Josh Kennedy, as good as he is, he doesn't get a look in for team of the decade. Guys like Danger, Dusty and Pendlebury take those spots.
I see the logic of the not picking guys after 93, but the existing stars that have long contracts will probably get a bit of cred for pre 2020 form. I'd seriously consider Jeremy Cameron and Steve Cognilo (Giants bias acknowledged), at least you know they will be bona fide stars for the front half the decade.
For the yet to be proven players I'd go for the guys who could be brilliant stars and hope for longevity. They may end up having a lesser career than the sure bet of an Oliver, but if it works out have the potential to be a team of the decade player. So have Rankine, the King twins, Lukocious, Rayner and Noah Anderson in consideration, all have limitless ceilings. I think Cripps, Bontapelli and Whitfield are the most obvious selections. Already superstars and have the brilliance to stand out over a decade of great players. I think Naughton and Sam Taylor (again possible Giants bias) are my next 2 very good choices.

Talk about underrating Oliver. This is from the draft board in response to Oliver being in a projected team of this decade.

To be fair Oliver isn't guaranteed to be a decade star, he took a bit of a step backwards last season and its not a lay down that he will develop forward craft.

At the moment he's a flashier Matt Priddis.
If he played for Essendon I don't think our fans would rate him as highly yet.

Outside of rucks we haven't had a top 5 player in the completion since maybe peak Ox, although if anyone can change that it is probably Oliver.

I wouldn’t say a step backwards last year. He wasn’t as good as the year before but was still a B&F. Yes Gawn was better. Oliver
was also coming off little pre season. He’s only 22. I think there’s a very good chance he’ll be a player that could make team of the 20s decade. My belief is he’s generational.

Last edited:
I would say a step backwards last year. He wasn’t as good as the year before but was still a B&F. Yes Gawn was better. Oliver
was also coming off little pre season. He’s only 22. I think there’s a very good chance he’ll be a player that could make team of the 20s decade. My belief is he’s generational.
I’d agree. Obviously it’s difficult not to exhibit bias, but I think Oliver is an exceptional talent.

My favourite part of the post you found though was the bit where the guy lists about 6 teenagers most of which have barely played a game yet and claims they all have “literally no ceiling “. Right on. Literally. No ceiling at all. They will all keep getting better and better until the universe collapsed in on itself.

I’d agree. Obviously it’s difficult not to exhibit bias, but I think Oliver is an exceptional talent.

My favourite part of the post you found though was the bit where the guy lists about 6 teenagers most of which have barely played a game yet and claims they all have “literally no ceiling “. Right on. Literally. No ceiling at all. They will all keep getting better and better until the universe collapsed in on itself.
I’ll have to edit my post I meant wouldn’t say a step backwards. But yeah it’s easy to overrate players who haven’t done much yet. Unlike Clarry who has achieved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oliver basically had the exact same output as 2018 if not better. Funny what a pathetic team around him does
He certainly got the same amount of ball but wasn’t as effective. Agree though as a whole most of the team sucked. Possibly due to all the midfield except Gawn having little pre season. We really lack cohesion and struggled with 666 perhaps. Oliver seemed rushed as well. In 2018 he seems to be more considered with his disposal. Hopefully we continue a strong preseason this year and he’ll flourish with the rest of the team.

He certainly got the same amount of ball but wasn’t as effective. Agree though as a whole most of the team sucked. Possibly due to all the midfield except Gawn having little pre season. We really lack cohesion and struggled with 666 perhaps. Oliver seemed rushed as well. In 2018 he seems to be more considered with his disposal. Hopefully we continue a strong preseason this year and he’ll flourish with the rest of the team.
Well yeah 2% difference in efficiency. Basically identical seasons cant be doing fancy ******* handpasses if the players are working for it.

Well yeah 2% difference in efficiency. Basically identical seasons cant be doing fancy ******* handpasses if the players are working for it.
Efficiency wasn't the problem, it was getting it and handballing it back to Gawn before he had even landed.

Was thinking the same. He was efficient due to getting it to someone. But wasn’t all the effective at times.
It was a down year. Only because of how high of a standard he set for himself but it was certainly a down year. Played alot without confidence.

I don't believe there was any one reason we had a s**t year last season , more like a domino effect where one thing led to another and so on. Our attempts at chaos ball degenerated into panic ball , the whole team seemed to catch it , and on it went . This coming season will tell us if the coaching group has learnt anything or its going to be more of the same s**t. And yes Oliver set himself a pretty high bar ,and alas he too caught panic ball disease . Must admit the look on Gawns face when the ball came back to him from Oliver quicker than he sent it was kinda funny , more like a "what the * did you give it back too me for" look . Oh and TK , don't think that young fella in your Avatar will get away with that tackle sadly , oh the old days .

To be fair Oliver isn't guaranteed to be a decade star, he took a bit of a step backwards last season and its not a lay down that he will develop forward craft.

At the moment he's a flashier Matt Priddis.
If he played for Essendon I don't think our fans would rate him as highly yet.

Outside of rucks we haven't had a top 5 player in the completion since maybe peak Ox, although if anyone can change that it is probably Oliver.

I was critical of him in 2019 like you were but if he played for Essendon I'd still rate him very highly. Only just turned 22, kid has had an exceptional career so far.

There was one ******* game at the G when Clarry had busted out of the middle, was running inside 50 with nobody around him and then the moment came to have a shot or pass it and he stopped, turned around and tried to find someone to handball it to - it screamed of a player really down on confidence and potentially a team that had completely broken down. Might have been against Carlton but Christ it was a bad look.

The guy is a freak though and I don't think we've seen close to his ceiling. He has the speed and power to run through the front of stoppages like Judd if he learns how good he really is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back