Prediction The NAB Challenge thread - Melbourne v St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

I know it's an unwritten rule of commentary not to correct your co-commentator, but geez Dunstall and Healy must be finding it difficult to keep quiet.

Did lol when Dunstall was reviewing hogan "dropping" his head -

Jason: "well, you do see players lower their eyes too early, most players do have one or two of those" - there was zero chance he was going to add "me included"

Gotta love that Hogan Pedo Gawn and Frost had no real impact forward and we still kicked the century
Also loving that reguardless of the score or situation we have continued to run the footy and tackle like maniacs, starting to get a little bit excited now

Three good hit outs is fantastic.

We weren't always silky or fast or efficient but I think the players mostly dug in and showed that they aren't afraid of hard work.

Our pressure was mostly good and you can tell the players are switched on a bit more with their concentration and generally simpler ball movement makes the job easier.

Bring on the real stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could someone elaborate on Kennedy's game? Some are saying on our board that he was BOG to half time. He is tackling well according to your game thread, but what else has been impressive about his game? Just wondering what we have lost to the Demons?

I wouldnt say best on but he is heavily involved defensively and then spreads bloody hard on attack to help us link up to goal
Had no real kicking errors and always put his head over the pill, id say he is all but locked in for round 1

Thought Wagner had a poor game but showed a bit in the last quarter and effort and intensity were there in a few contests.

Reckon only Oliver is the only round 1 debutant from us, far cry from 2010 where we threw Scully, Trengove and Strauss to the wolves

Could someone elaborate on Kennedy's game? Some are saying on our board that he was BOG to half time. He is tackling well according to your game thread, but what else has been impressive about his game? Just wondering what we have lost to the Demons?
I was super impressed with him today. His attack on the ball and man has been excellent all pre season but he was kicking a lot of mongrels in previous games. It turns out he actually has a pretty nice left peg on him when he composes himself. I think he'll be a handy recruit.

I actually would have given BOG at half time to Watts - but he is a clear second and was there and useful for every quarter. His effort can't be questioned and he really made an impact. I like him a lot.

I love watching him kick the footy.
He's interesting isn't he? Wasn't certain about this trade but I'm starting to get the point. I hope he gets some games and does well. I think he has more going for him then JKH

I wouldnt say best on but he is heavily involved defensively and then spreads bloody hard on attack to help us link up to goal
Had no real kicking errors and always put his head over the pill, id say he is all but locked in for round 1

I trust him in a 50/50 contest to either win or break even. Provides hardness, pace, pressure and spread.

Locked into my rd1 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back