Rumour The North Ultimatum

Remove this Banner Ad

My opinion, and that's all it is - not an attack on North, is that eventually the AFL will remove a Victorian team and move them back to the VFL. If given the choice between Tasmania or VFL, which is best for North?
Guess what?
The AFL cannot just lob a team into Tassie, Tassie will have some say in it, if they say no, then the AFL can do jack.

Guess what?
The AFL cannot just lob a team into Tassie, Tassie will have some say in it, if they say no, then the AFL can do jack.
Fair enough. I don't think the competition can stretch to 19 teams. So is that then mean a return to VFL for a team like North?

I’ve called BS on the StKilda no more tick thread and I call BS on this too. Don’t understand why people post crap like this without some form of proof... just hearing from sources is not enough to hold water from some nobody on Big Footy. If it was an established journalist I’d be far more likely to think it a possibility.

South goes North and North goes South. Got to love how people think moving a club is bad. Swan's have been a success, as has Lions. Maybe North will secure their future. Melbourne has too many teams, as does Sydney with NRL.

The Lions never moved. People like Roylion have explained this ad nauseum.

North also cannot be moved simply because the AFL tells them to. Again, Roylion has explained the reasoning why they can't move a club against it's will. As much as the AFL thinks it can dictate terms they can't dictate the location of teams. If they could the Gold Coast would currently be playing in royal blue and white and have won their last premiership in 1999.

he's looking for extra tick

Poor St Kilda supporters.

Imagine them now being all we're good again, we're good again ... but we won't win a flag sigh.

Genuine question - and not targeting any club.

Can the AFL reduce the number of licences in Melbourne and issue one to Tasmania.
Not forcing a club to move, but effectively forcing them to drop back?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe the afl should send an ultimatum to Carlton (if that’s the team they actually support) and OP that they need to win round 1 game 1 by 2022 or they’ll be going to Tasmania. What a crock of sh1t! One game in and it starts

Word getting around that an official document has been sent to the North Melbourne football club hierarchy stating that if the club doesnt improve its membership and attendance to games by 2023 then the AFL will have no choice but to relocate them to Tasmania due to on going pressure.
The numbers spoken about are membership tally of 45,000 and a general improvement of crowd numbers of up to 20,000 for home games.
The Tasmanian government have been incridibly forth right about aquiring a team and have stated they will pour a great amount of money into this endeavour. It is understood that the AFL wants a team in Tasmania at some point, but dont wish to expand to a 19th team if possible.

north have cracked 45k members several times already.

afl also have to put north games in time slots outside of 1pm Sunday for decent crowd numbers.

of course all these actual facts are pointless considering OP is total BS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back