The off topic thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nico Rosberg has retired.

What the hell?! I know the Title was meant to be the 'pinnacle' but really? No desire to fight and have a better record than his dad. At 31, that's still a little premature, especially with the options he's got open. I think Brundle has summed up well, he could easily retire with regrets.

Also makes me miss the sequential numbering... Lewis Hamilton in Car 0 would be funny and cool, lol.

jd2010 Fryer Tuck

I've got Motorsport Manager as well!

And like FT, I also followed my Paul Stoddart Aussie roots and became manager of mighty Predator Racing! The good thing with starting with such a rubbish car, facilities etc is expectations are very low (minimal even).

We came last in our first season...but by chance, somehow won the constructors championship in the second season on the final race. Also had one of my drivers finish runner up and the other third in the drivers championship.

That being said, I think I made a mistake in accepting promotion to tier 2...I went all out on the new season's car and started off about 4m in the red. Not to mention our car is a backmarker, there are no points for finishing outside the top 6 and we are actually LOSING money every race. I'm expecting to be in some grief with the chairman haha. I upgraded my factory and design center and that set me back a pretty penny to say the least.

Didn't know about the lesbian/romance between drivers! I had one who loves the night lift (clubbing and gambling). Another who got involved in some underground race club in Japan and my old driver who I terminated because he was a hack had just started acting lol (maybe Sylvester Stallone will tap him on the shoulder for Driven 2? :$).

Oh and the developer of the game is actually a driver you can sign for your team - don't do it though, he's terrible from what I heard.

But jd, Fryer summed it up really well. I'd recommend grabbing it. It's not too expensive and the sales might help ensure it becomes a long running series like FM with natural improvements and enhancements in time. Great game for it's price IMO.

I was a bit hesitant at grabbing it initially so I watched a few vids on youtube - this guy aarava has a great mini series where he covers each race, challenge bit of drama etc that is all part of the game.

You too as well? I’ll have to admit that winning the drivers was a bit lucky with my main rival DNFing the 2nd last race, and then getting a drive-through that killed his last race and allowed both my drivers to a 1-2 in the Drivers (I had Constructors pretty well wrapped up by then.)

I felt like I needed to promote to Tier 2 in order to keep my Finnish driver (who was the reigning Champion) she had a one year contract, and she took me to the cleaners for her next contract (she has a 5 star potential, and is 18, so I’d really want to keep a hold of her once I make it to Tier 1.)

Same thing, only I have decided to minimise the budget for next year’s car to the minimal possible levels (I actually think the stars on the car and what our car development actually is like are actually mutually exclusive, because I swear I had excellent fuel and tire degradation rates, to a point where I could run my weaker (but takes better care of her gear) driver on a one stop strategy for races that were just beyond one stopping. Heck, when I got to votes, both times it said I actually am great with both tyres and fuel economy. I also felt like I could run the car on the 2nd highest settings and go very far, where as the season before, I would eat up tires and fuel.

So, haven’t had the chance to play Tier 2 yet due to how busy it has been, but we’ll see how it goes. I’m trying to cash in on my sponsors to get a good deal, combined with the lower budget, so I will be making money each race, though it will be at a much slower rate. Qualifying will hurt, but then again, my drivers were fighting from the back of the grid, so I guess nothing really changes, I’ll just win it on strategy.

Wait, let me guess… the Argentine is the party girl, and the Aussie does your typical Aussie hings (seriouisly, I swear to god he’s like an extremely lame version of Mark Webber, but he looks like the Wealestone Raider.)

Like that, because for once, the developer is not the ‘instant win’ guy. It comes off more like ‘I just develop the game, so I’d actually make a really crap racer in real life. Why would you even choose me?’

Exactly, the money will only support the series further and create some proper meat (also, not going to lie, I have been wishing for a Motorsport Manager game for years, hell, my ideal version was called V8 manager, where you managed in the V8s, had the Konica series below that, then Formula Fords, Porche Racing, and the like all there as well as feeders. So, this is like a dream come true in a way, lol.)

If there was a feature to improve, the interviews. Every race I get claims that my drivers had a 'bad day.' Also, the media company seems to be from Gabon for reasons unknown. Dude... number 1; I have the worst car on the grid, 2. Getting at least 6th place every race is an extremely good result for us, and 3. The only reason why I'm doing so well is because of results like these.

Well, I just learnt that Amazon is opening up their Prime service to all countries now... which means only one thing... The Grand Tour is finally here, and well, gotta catch up on the two previous episodes, and the one that just aired.

Have to say one thing, they've picked up where they left off, so that's an excellent sign!

Well, I just learnt that Amazon is opening up their Prime service to all countries now... which means only one thing... The Grand Tour is finally here, and well, gotta catch up on the two previous episodes, and the one that just aired.

Have to say one thing, they've picked up where they left off, so that's an excellent sign!
So Clarkson is still a massive campaigner

But he's a campaigner. A bad loser, a sex pest and just a general awful person. * him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah well most people don't have any ethics do they. I'm not getting behind a complete campaigner no matter how good he is, or was

Yeah well most people don't have any ethics do they. I'm not getting behind a complete campaigner no matter how good he is, or was
People watch sport because of the athletes talents, not for what they do off the field.

If Harry Kane was caught cheating on his partner would you suddenly stop liking him cos he has acted unethically?

What athletes do in their own time is nobody's business.

People watch sport because of the athletes talents, not for what they do off the field.

If Harry Kane was caught cheating on his partner would you suddenly stop liking him cos he has acted unethically?

What athletes do in their own time is nobody's business.
Nah mate. Anyway it's different supporting individual sportsmen as it is a club. Your club is a brand,it's much bigger than any one person. End of the day I hate seeing tossers win, and I know plenty of people who can't stand Woods and feel the same

You didn't answer the question.

What athletes do in their own time, illegal, unethical, immoral or whatever, is nobody's business but their own, aside from the authorities if required.
It's more the fact that I he is a s**t loser that winds me up. I like athletes (if you can call golfers athletes) to take winning and losing with dignity. I've seen too many tantrum's from Woods over the years to ever wish to root for him. The fact that he is also a twat away from the course just compounds it

Been watching Arrested Development lately. Never watched it when it was first on.

About half way through the first season and it's alright. Good enough that I'll keep watching but definitely no where near as good as I was led to believe.
Stick with it.

c228ba80eaf319ad8cef6619625ea0d6.jpg

This is the number 1 reason to hate chelsea

All other reasons are second

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back