The off topic thread 5.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney avoids 4000 cases, but lockdown must be broadened | MJA InSight+

Good article on current situation in Syd. Restrictions to date have had some impact in SW Sydney, averting around 4,000 cases to date. However (predictably, similar to Melb 2020 experience) seeding is occurring across arbitrary geographical boundaries into neighbouring LGAs. They argue the outbreak is unlikely to be controlled unless restrictions are uniformly (and equitably) applied across LGAs.

Started watching The Boys on Amazon prime, 3 eps in, it’s decent so far, hopefully really starts ramping up soon.

I am out of the loop completely. Not that I’ve watched The Boys season 1 and 2 but know about 3 because Jensen Ackles is in this one.

holy sh*t the Pfizer vaccines for year 12 kids in the effected LGAs have come (at least partially) from the Central Coast which is also under stay at home orders.

What the fu** is happening
Private school kids I assume. Gotta protect the rich first in society.

The only place that I know of to prioritise year 12 students

It's prioritising kids in South-West Sydney who wouldn't otherwise be able to sit their exams in a classroom. Literally the opposite of private school kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a state wide thing.

Year 12 allowed to return to school, doing a big vaccination thing for them.

Vaccines only available in those South-West Sydney LGAs though, it's not vaccines for all Year 12 kids. My wife gets to go back to school with unvaccinated kids in four weeks (delayed by two weeks by getting them to sit Trials first).

Vaccines only available in those South-West Sydney LGAs though, it's not vaccines for all Year 12 kids. My wife gets to go back to school with unvaccinated kids in four weeks (delayed by two weeks by getting them to sit Trials first).
I dunno why I said statewide, I meant the lockdown area but is it really only in the SW Sydney LGAs? Aren't they encouraging all kids in the greater Sydney area to stay home?

I dunno why I said statewide, I meant the lockdown area but is it really only in the SW Sydney LGAs? Aren't they encouraging all kids in the greater Sydney area to stay home?

Yes but it's only those LGAs with higher restrictions that have access to the vaccine. I could be wrong or it could have changed in the last few days, but when it was announced it was definitely only vaccines if the kids came from those higher restricted LGAs.

Yes but it's only those LGAs with higher restrictions that have access to the vaccine. I could be wrong or it could have changed in the last few days, but when it was announced it was definitely only vaccines if the kids came from those higher restricted LGAs.
Right, okay.

It's prioritising kids in South-West Sydney who wouldn't otherwise be able to sit their exams in a classroom. Literally the opposite of private school kids.
Why can't they sit their exams? Every other country has made it possible so far. Screw the vulnerable/healthcare workers...

NSW - home of stupidity.

You can tell how stupid it is by how vigorously Gladys is defending it. There is no country in the world who would say it's in the best public health interests to vaccinate Year 12 students. None.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back