The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 5 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Could a separate thread work?

A separate betting thread could work here, but how precious do we want to be about people posting in the game week threads about punting? I like the feel of this board as it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A separate betting thread could work here, but how precious do we want to be about people posting in the game week threads about punting? I like the feel of this board as it is.
I wouldn't think we should be precious at all. i.e. it has always has been that betting is discussed, and it has generally been in the minority of posts like shiny_on_top and shinboners posts (and usually Pricey) in the past couple of pages that someone will post but the majority of posts have been about games.

The spike lately has been massive with the trend swinging that at times there is what feels like pages of barracking for bets rather than discussing games. But it's likely just a temporary spike that I don't think needs a snap ruling on, rather it was just my observation of it and no harm in throwing ideas out there.

I think Cavs were stiff. I have no problem with all the deliberate fouls at the end of a game, it's part of the game. But when Gee was fouled at the end, he'd already passed it off and the Cavs were in the clear. In those instances it should be a no call or a flagrant 1.

Good to see Rip come back on for the Bulls :)

I feel there's been way too much betting discussion in the game threads as of late.

I wouldn't think we should be precious at all. i.e. it has always has been that betting is discussed, and it has generally been in the minority of posts like shiny_on_top and shinboners posts (and usually Pricey) in the past couple of pages that someone will post but the majority of posts have been about games.

The spike lately has been massive with the trend swinging that at times there is what feels like pages of barracking for bets rather than discussing games. But it's likely just a temporary spike that I don't think needs a snap ruling on, rather it was just my observation of it and no harm in throwing ideas out there.

Fair enough. I guess I'm think that if peternorth wanted to set up BigBetty and people posted about betting on the weekly game threads, Pete spends his time answering complaints/reports. PHX in your time as a mod you'd be familiar with the posting behaviour of people; what you want and what they do are not always the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back