Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 4 is here:

The radar would suggest that the majority of the rain has passed Perth (?). It was rough but we can move forward now.

The next severe weather warning is in half an hour, so let's see what that say has happened.

Looks like my old stomping ground got hit hard. More than half of Thornlie's power is out, and trees have gone down everywhere.

6006 checking in - absolutely nothing to report apart from a rocking fence and even that couldn’t find the energy to topple over

think the Midwest/Gascoyne/Pilbara copped a bit
Hopefully the wheatbelt got some rain and not just the dust storm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

+1 for the storm a couple of weeks ago being worse. Didnt even hear a clap of thunder or lightning today.

Why do i feel like the media get their rocks off telling people to stay indoors whenever they can this year?

The media have spent the past three months telling people to be afraid, why not add one more to the pile?

What a total non-event this was.

Looks like a handful of areas have been hit hard mainly with power outages, but gees where i am I've hardly noticed it. That storm a few weeks ago was way worse.
Jinxed myself lol. Lost power, hardly slept all night from the noise, nearly blown over when i stepped outside. Currently sitting on a train waiting at Freo station, which feels more like a boat docked out in rough seas with the way it's swaying side to side from the wind.

We got power back about 12:30am. Lost part of our back fence. Definitely got hit more than the last storm. And given the last time we lost a part of fence was in the storm a decade ago, this media was right in my world.
People complain because they got lucky and no damage in their house/suburb. It’s backwards.

People complain because they got lucky and no damage in their house/suburb. It’s backwards.

No, we complain because we were told over and over to be frightened of something that did not deserve the kind of panic we were being told to give it. Media irresponsibility strikes again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back