Mega Thread The Questions Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha not really. as I said, to many variables to explain how a tax refund results the way it does. Bottom line, the ATO has deemed not enough tax has been withheld during the year (presuming you are an employee) - just a bummer if you were expecting a refund and had already mentally spent it.

Im getting back about $3500 - did have extra withheld from my wage during the year so I would get a bigger refund than normal (like forced savings)
Yeah I was expecting minimum $300.

Would it be because after I changed jobs I got a decent payrise too and they may have thought I was earning X amount for 12 months, whereas I just got a payout or something?

I will still get the $1080 won't I?

Yeah I was expecting minimum $300.

Would it be because after I changed jobs I got a decent payrise too and they may have thought I was earning X amount for 12 months, whereas I just got a payout or something?

I will still get the $1080 won't I?

Haha the $1080 'Payout' - so many people think it is a handout. It isn't a handout or payout, it is a tax offset - it will reduce the tax you owe/increase your refund (Hence my refund being $3500, usually be around $2500). It should already be included in your tax estimate

Haha the $1080 'Payout' - so many people think it is a handout. It isn't a handout or payout, it is a tax offset - it will reduce the tax you owe/increase your refund (Hence my refund being $3500, usually be around $2500). It should already be included in your tax estimate
Oh.

Well my mrs did her tax, it said he would get about $1k, then she got a text saying she'll also get the $1080 in a separate transaction or something.

Tax Question. I have private health insurance, earn less than 90k and yet on my tax estimate my Medicare levy surplus charge or whatever it is is like 1.5kSurely not? Even with the 1080 extra I'm only up like 400 odd. Something is off

SG I would double check that your employer is paying your HECS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am in similar circumstances but it says I owe $20.

I also changed jobs this year and got a payout at my last job (approx $3k).

Any idea?

Same as above- double check your employer was paying your HECS throughout the year (assuming you have a debt) generally this is why employees have a unexpected tax debt or lower return than expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I need carpal tunnel surgery on both hands.

Is it better to see a neurosurgeon or an orthopaedic surgeon to get this procedure done?

Can anyone recommend any surgeons?

Its covered by workcover so I think I can see anyone.

Thanks!

If you live in Victoria, it would be a plastic surgeon (not a cosmetic surgeon, they are different) or a general surgeon that would do carpal tunnel surgery.

I would go with a plastic surgeon as they are likely to do more of them and are more likely to put you in touch with a good hand therapist for the rehab afterwards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Big Footy is considered family friendly why are there betting ads plastered all over it?

nothing to see here

oh wait
gambling is bad.

wait.

2fa76ac9a3859a21c0993bf659cf14f4

A router drill bit?

I'm not smart enough to know whether you're pulling some "left handed wrench" type of thing on me or something like that, but it does not look like still bit. One end is an allen key, and I have no idea what the other end is supposed to me.

I got the name wrong. Its a drill bit to drill a hole larger than a drill bit would normally provide. A bit of googling reveals its actually called a "spade bit"

1040857174f3516083bda06b23878ac6.jpg

Well done, you and my tradie brother saved me. Now I can tell my girlfriend when I walk in the door in 5 mins, and she'll think I'm a manly man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back