The Review

Who will leave as a result of the review?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Pardon my intrusion, but Prussian Field Marshall General Graf von Moltke's value matrix is always handy in an executive review process:

• Smart & Lazy: I make them my Commanders because they make the right things happen but find the easiest ways to accomplish the mission.

• Smart & Energetic: I make them my General Staff Officers because they make intelligent plans that make the right things happen.

• Dumb & Lazy: I make them lower-grade officers as there are menial tasks that they can do and they follow orders without causing much harm.

• Dumb & Energetic: These are dangerous and must be eliminated. They make things happen but the wrong things - so cause trouble.

How would y'all rate current AFC executive staff by reference to the above?

Pardon my intrusion, but Prussian Field Marshall General Graf von Moltke's value matrix is always handy in an executive review process:

• Smart & Lazy: I make them my Commanders because they make the right things happen but find the easiest ways to accomplish the mission.

• Smart & Energetic: I make them my General Staff Officers because they make intelligent plans that make the right things happen.

• Dumb & Lazy: I make them lower-grade officers as there are menial tasks that they can do and they follow orders without causing much harm.

• Dumb & Energetic: These are dangerous and must be eliminated. They make things happen but the wrong things - so cause trouble.

Where’s the dumb & dumber option?

It's huge. And the hugest thing is that apparently the club doesn't care who knows it.

Would anyone actually be surprised if this just happens to be yet another oversight from the brains trust in the front office?

"Oh... footy ops manager is *supposed* to be on the panel choosing the coach? Lesson learned. Now let me get back to designing next years half time entertainment.

1. Increase speed of plane. *check*
2. Keep speccy cam. *check*
3. Keep crow face cam. *check*

Job done for 2020 y'all!"

Why hello Chapman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would anyone actually be surprised if this just happens to be yet another oversight from the brains trust in the front office?

"Oh... footy ops manager is *supposed* to be on the panel choosing the coach? Lesson learned. Now let me get back to designing next years half time entertainment.

1. Increase speed of plane. *check*
2. Keep speccy cam. *check*
3. Keep crow face cam. *check*

Job done for 2020 y'all!"
Nah Burton is done, and the club knows they risk a large walkout if he stays.

So, did I hear correctly that the review is due to finish by the end of this week?
A few people will have to walk for it to finisb that early. Or the problems were that glaringly obvious.

Yesterday was not a good day for Chapman. He was exposed badly for being both incompetent and dumb.

His comments about the payout in the initial press conference were confused and dumb. He then attempted to clarify on 5AA.

He spoke about how he thinks leadership 101 is 'backing your staff in'. Apparently competence in a role is irrelevant, as long as he back them in all is good and he's done a great job. What to know where the 'back the boys in' mantra comes from? It's Chapman. He is 100% one of the biggest problems at the club.

My biggest concern - on 5AA he was asked about Pyke leaving and the impact on the review. He waffled about how he had initially thought the review might take 5 weeks, but he's hoping it will be finished sooner. He then said that with a change having occurred he was hoping it meant the review could be finished off quicker.

He basically said 'Pyke's gone, that's the change we needed, let's stop the review and move on'.

This bloke is a complete knob-end.
This! I couldn't believe that comment: "it's leadership 101 to back your people in".

What absolute nonsense. That's a cop out.

That's the opposite of leadership because you never have to make a hard call.

13 weeks from the last game to draft
Week 1. Douglas and Otten finished
Week 2. Tex steps down as captain
Week 3. Pyke resigns
Week 4 Burton Camporeale Chapman ??
Week 5 Coach announced
Week 6
Trade Week Jenkins, Keath, Greenwood
Trade Week. Betts, Sauce,
Week 9
Week 10
Week 11