The Review

Who will leave as a result of the review?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone confirm how the assistant coach thing works?

Chapman could leave tomorow and we can replace him.
Burton could be fired tomorrow, and we could replace him.
If the assistants all had to be told by August 20 whether they had a job next year, presumably we'd have to pay them for next year before getting rid of them?

I wonder if the club will buckle at having to fire Burton, because they won't want a coach and a head of football to go in the same off-season.

As for Chapman saying Pyke's not getting a payout, sure.

I actually wonder, what if Pyke said, "I won't take my payout this year, because you'll need the room in the soft cap to pay out all the dead wood

But you can pay me the year after, indexed, thank you."

Burton was never going anywhere.

Ricciuto would burn the club down to the ground and invade Poland before letting his mate get sacked.

I think the first answer is that they are not sacking Burton. Everyone should get their heads around that ASAP.

The best possibly outcome we are looking at is a sideways move, with a high profile Football Manager coming in.

It will be sold as a restructure with Burton retaining enough portfolios for it to appear as though he’s lost nothing.

A dilution of his internal power base, dressed up as a restructure. That will be as good as it gets

If he still works for the AFC in 2020, whatever role he has I genuinely hope it has zero impact on the success of the players.
It's the best we can hope for.

If the assistants all had to be told by August 20 whether they had a job next year, presumably we'd have to pay them for next year before getting rid of them?

I don't think it's a real deadline, more of a suggestion, we shouldn't be locked into any out of contract coaches unless the club has already signed them.

AFLCA chief executive Mark Brayshaw said it was a nervous time for assistant coaches.

"Our message to the coach is, if you haven't got a commitment by August 1, you should assume you are not going to be employed by that club and start planning life after it," he said.

Brayshaw said clubs were "pretty good" in how they handled this period.

"They respect the fact coaches are three months off not getting paid anymore and they have a family to look after. I think it's really good - it's an informal deadline, it's not a contractual thing. It's a very mature, respectful process that they all go through," he said.

Why are we keeping Burton when every single player despises him and knows he’s not up to the task?
His position is basically untenable, why wouldn’t he just leave?
I guess in his mind everyone is stupid except him

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE
Campo is the Kurgen.
0f10a72576dca37e8d9b79698b83f5c6.gif

Why haven't we heard from our Head of Football today?

Our Captain standing down last week, and Coach standing down today, seems like the kind of scenarios you'd expect the Head of Football to be on the front foot with...

They're hiding the useless, dumb campaigner again?
What club has a Manager of Football Operations that not only can't talk to the media.... but they hide.

Burton as a football manager s untenable & the club I'd screwed to they boot his sorry arse!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What club has a Manager of Football Operations that not only can't talk to the media.... but they hide.

Burton as a football manager s untenable & the club I'd screwed to they boot his sorry arse!
Rowey made a good point, the fact Burton our Footy Ops Manager isn’t on the coaching panel says he can’t be staying in the job.

Garry Lyon just said Pyke and Walker were the cause of "festering unease" at the club.
Tex stands down as does Don.... could be coincidence, might not be.

Tex is a very demanding bloke, he expects the best and doesn't accept excuses from his teammates. I have no doubt he would've been very stern post the camp last year.

Our playing group seems jaded from that style of leadership, we needed a clean break.

Rowey made a good point, the fact Burton our Footy Ops Manager isn’t on the coaching panel says he can’t be staying in the job.
Depends

He may have stepped outside

Burton for Coach

Garry Lyon just said Pyke and Walker were the cause of "festering unease" at the club.
And so the whispering campaign starts. Put the others on the pedestal and kick these 2 to the gutter. Weak dogs

Surely the external reviewers are not allowed to drip feed its findings to the Chairman of the board midway through the review right? That sounds like this is even dodgier then we originally thought it would be.

Theoretically the people, departments, and positions being reviewed shouldn't know anything about the 'external' findings until the conclusion of the external review. Otherwise by definition the integrity of such a review would be compromised right?
Gary Pert in Collingwood's case and Mark Williams in Richmond's case were long gone before the end of their respective reviews

Tex stands down as does Don.... could be coincidence, might not be.

Tex is a very demanding bloke, he expects the best and doesn't accept excuses from his teammates. I have no doubt he would've been very stern post the camp last year.

Our playing group seems jaded from that style of leadership, we needed a clean break.

"I wouldn't question any players effort."

Not so sure about that.

It's unheard of that a new coach that reports to Footy Ops manager who was not on the interview panel.

So what is Burton actually good at?

Back