Prediction The run home

Remove this Banner Ad

Have us finishing 7th and losing to North away first round of the finals

Who do you think will make the grand final Millky?

Have us finishing 7th and losing to North away first round of the finals
I can see this one going in the same pile as last year's 'Hawthorn won't make the top 4' prediction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5th
Crows and Hawks standouts for me

Punts we were ordinary against Hawthorn got smacked from pillar to post by the umpires and Rioli as brilliant as he is would not kick that goal again in 100 attempts after running around for 100 minutes in a pressure filled bruising encounter like that. Adelaide s**t the Bed in a litmus test Saturday night and will need everything going for them including home finals to even go close to winning it. The close losses, Saturdays underwhelming performance and our babyface inexperience worry me but we get the right barrier and come to hand at the right time and we are right in it. This premiership is there to be won by the side who's best football comes to the fore at the right time. Our best even though it can be riddled with error at times is good enough to win this particular flag. This is not a strong high level AFL Season.

Punts we were ordinary against Hawthorn got smacked from pillar to post by the umpires and Rioli as brilliant as he is would not kick that goal again in 100 attempts after running around for 100 minutes in a pressure filled bruising encounter like that. Adelaide s**t the Bed in a litmus test Saturday night and will need everything going for them including home finals to even go close to winning it. The close losses, Saturdays underwhelming performance and our babyface inexperience worry me but we get the right barrier and come to hand at the right time and we are right in it. This premiership is there to be won by the side who's best football comes to the fore at the right time. Our best even though it can be riddled with error at times is good enough to win this particular flag. This is not a strong high level AFL Season.

You know there is only one team that would exploit that the same as in 2014, Adelaide are being vastly overrated they haven't beaten anyone away from home at least we have beaten Geelong and Hawthorn both away.

We will come 2nd or 3rd.

Can't see us losing another one n the Home and Away part. Can see all the top 4 sides not losing a game in the run home, they are all fairly comfortable runs home. Our toughest is North away but I'd still back us in. We will have Tippett back by then too, people are underestimating how important an inclusion he will be, Reid hopefully in the mix somewhere too.

Tippo stuck at FF post injury will be okay with genuine small forwards around him. Papley makes it work. Haven't had that for years. And with Heeney and Rohan we have players who are great over the ground ball and in the air. It's a good mix.

Lets Buddy push up to the arc and beyond while keeping something for our scrappy mids to aim at.

Dare I say it, it would be good if GWS hung in the race for top 4 with us - increases our chances of a Sydney final if we have to play away to them. :$

Was thinking similar with the extra bye this year, could help offset the advantage that the QF winners get. Especially if we got to face GWS at some point at ANZ.

Still think we sneak into the 4 though.
The bye before finals is an equaliser for bottom 4 of the eight, we will not see this bye again. In our case making top 4 and winning first final concerns me with the lack of football we would end up having over the period.

People claiming that the Hawks are "clearly" better than us have rocks in their heads.

We were a Cyril miracle away from being up 2-zip on the season, holding them to their 2 lowest scores all year, and on top of the table. We only just got pipped despite missing our second most important player and our most important playing his worst game of the season. It also came a week after we dismantled the Cats on their home ground which is a graveyard for opposition teams.

The only thing the Hawks have over us at the moment is the ability to put away tight games. Yes, that's critically important and they deserve credit for it, but it hardly signals that we're out of the race.

If we play our best footy, the Hawks are the only team that can go with us. If Buddy, Tippett and Heeney are firing up forward the Giants will fall to pieces and unless Hawkins winds the clock back 5 years, Geelong won't be able to damage us on the scoreboard. The Crows are a smokey but apart from Sloane, their mids can't match us through the middle

Its all about who plays closest to their potential on the day. I don't know if we'll do it, but i'm backing our senior players to stand up over the run home.

We're right in it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back