Mod. Notice What do you want to see on the Geelong Board in 2017?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did people enjoy werewolf? Would people like another game... would more people like to play

So many questions

Enjoyed it and keen to play again!

Don't know if this has been brought up at all but is there any chance we could make the board a little more appealing.

I know content is what matters but the grey backgrounds are a little dull and other clubs boards have pretty pretty pictures and stuff :$

Open to feedback on it. Was always a bit hard to demonstrate who was eligible.

Criteria is any account that was opened since the last rising star was awarded. Add people who are eligible to OP, as they're pointed out to be eligible during the nomination thread.

Criteria is any account that was opened since the last rising star was awarded. Add people who are eligible to OP, as they're pointed out to be eligible during the nomination thread.
It's not the criteria that's the difficulty. It's identifying those that meet it.

More of a suggestion for the mods and day to day life on the board I guess .

Can the more 'official' threads be started by mods only? so new players when drafted, match previews (afl and vfl), votes etc etc

I'm sure with 4 mods a spreadsheet or something could be worked out to share the load.

Just I find with a sometime heated board, people have other people on ignore... some people miss things because of this. Just makes sense to me for the mods to do the official staples of the board, and obviously opinion stuff done by whoever starts them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's impossible to tell if a poster is a troll or just really stupid.

or have mental issues such as depression, anxiety, substance abuse, schizophrenia, and because of that, their opinions and views take a different form to what is normally expected on a popular chat site such as this one.

Thread title updated...

What do you want to see in the Geelong Board in 2017?

What have you liked/disliked about previous seasons in terms of the threads we have each week (preview, teams, game day), or through the year such as competitions (tipping, goalkicker, etc.)?

Are people still interested in taking turns to write previews each week?

What about the culture of the board? Some are unhappy with this. Any constructive suggestions to improve it?

Constructive contributions welcomed. Mere whinging will be cleansed.

Feel free to PM the Geelong mods if you don't want to contribute here or if you have a complaint about moderation/ers or particular posters.

Thread title updated...

What have you liked/disliked about previous seasons in terms of the threads we have each week (preview, teams, game day), or through the year such as competitions (tipping, goalkicker, etc.)?

What about the culture of the board? Some are unhappy with this. Any constructive suggestions to improve it?

Feel free to PM the Geelong mods if you don't want to contribute here or if you have a complaint about moderation/ers or particular posters.

I still feel strongly about this suggestion

More of a suggestion for the mods and day to day life on the board I guess .

Can the more 'official' threads be started by mods only? so new players when drafted, match previews (afl and vfl), votes etc etc

I'm sure with 4 mods a spreadsheet or something could be worked out to share the load.

Just I find with a sometime heated board, people have other people on ignore... some people miss things because of this. Just makes sense to me for the mods to do the official staples of the board, and obviously opinion stuff done by whoever starts them?

Also I'd like to see the Goal kicking knock out back, that was fun and would only have been inproved if i had gotten over Sttew :D

"It's impossible to tell if a poster is a troll if you're really stupid"?
You could start by implementing an action that rids the board of this rubbish.

It's not aimed at yourself Fred because frankly that comment on your behalf was tongue in check and it's not your style, but personal insults when in disagreement over a particular topic has become rife and needs addressing.

How? I'm not sure...

Also, think about what you can do as a poster to contribute positively to the board and this community. It's one thing to suggest actions the moderators should take or to decry things other people do, it's another to actually take the bit between the teeth and do something to improve things yourself.

It might be as simple as your posting style/manner. Or maybe you can suggest a thread/competition that you'd like to run or take a lead on.

Another way to look at it is that sitting back and doing nothing (or continuing to do the same thing) will probably result in the same outcome and the same culture here on the board. If that's not what you want, do something about it!

It's not aimed at yourself Fred because frankly that comment on your behalf was tongue in check and it's not your style, but personal insults when in disagreement over a particular topic has become rife and needs addressing.

How? I'm not sure...

First, it was bl**dy Seeds who said some posters were stupid, not me, so stick that in your pipe and smoke it. :mad:

But what you few blokes who are left on the board really need is Papal Intervention.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peace_and_Truce_of_God

Thread title updated...

Definitely some competitions. Anyone with more ideas? Certainly helps ease the angst that seems rife, particularly after a loss. Certainly have seen some posters in a different light whilst participating in the draft this summer.

As such I'm willing to at least try to enact a let bygones be bygones approach and live and forget previous stoushes. I think we need to at least try that given there is two distinct groups of individuals who share vastly different opinions on what we are doing. Namely those that are content with the path we are on and those that advocated we rebuild before now. I think as a result we're all losing sight of what matters. We all support GFC.
Also, those who attend the meet-ups should be awarded their rightful beer badge. :D
motion seconded :D

As such I'm willing to at least try to enact a let bygones be bygones approach and live and forget previous stoushes. I think we need to at least try that given there is two distinct groups of individuals who share vastly different opinions on what we are doing. Namely those that are content with the path we are on and those that advocated we rebuild before now. I think as a result we're all losing sight of what matters. We all support GFC.
Any idea how to get widespread adoption of a "clean slate"? It has intuitive appeal.

How? I'm not sure...
It's a plague on here, I've certainly been guilty of it as have all of us probably at times but there are definitely some posters who outside of insults would hardly post anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back