The Under 19 Australian Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Aitken looks very tidy behind the stumps to both pace and the spinners. I think Hicks is the better batsman at this stage of the two keepers in the squad, but Aitken looks significantly better with the gloves from what I have seen so far.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Sangha era u19 team got to lot of hype and a few of them are starting to deliver (McSweeney, Bartlett, Sutherland etc), but I think on pure raw talent this might be one of our best u19 squads in a long time. They've got a guy with a 2nd XI double 100 already that they haven't managed to get in the side every match. Interested to see how they all go over the coming years.

The Sangha era u19 team got to lot of hype and a few of them are starting to deliver (McSweeney, Bartlett, Sutherland etc), but I think on pure raw talent this might be one of our best u19 squads in a long time. They've got a guy with a 2nd XI double 100 already that they haven't managed to get in the side every match. Interested to see how they all go over the coming years.
Vidler, Beardman and Dixon all look like future Australian players to me.

Agreed that the team is very talented, although Corey Wasley would be in the team if not for a broken finger. Wasley is an extremely talented player in a similar mould to Dixon, explosive left-hander needing some technical refinement. His replacement Ollie Peake is up there with Konstas and Weibgen as the strongest technically IMO, just lacks the power of some of the older boys.

I am more impressed with the bowling group at this stage, Vidler and Anderson are able to extract strong pace, control and movement for their age.

Under 17 gun Ollie Peake will be an Australian cricketer.

Kid is one of the leading run getters in Prem Cricket at 17. Could be anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weibgen didn't come in to this with the same hype as Konstas and Dixon but has looked every bit as good as them, seems to have a calm head on his shoulders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back