The USA Sports Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He wouldnā€™t play those games if he was around today though. It sucks as a fan sometimes, but if itā€™s your team with a legitimate chance at a championship you want them managing workloads.

There isnā€™t a fix and there doesnā€™t really need to be one. The regular season is irrelevant for the genuinely good teams, all that matters is what state your roster is in come the playoffs.
But the Bulls were winning championship after championship and Jordan wasnt load managing. My point is that they clearly dont need to load manage. All the stars used to play almost every game back in the day and championships were still won.

It's become a thing or should I say a blight on the modern game and it needs to stop.

But the Bulls were winning championship after championship and Jordan wasnt load managing. My point is that they clearly dont need to load manage. All the stars used to play almost every game back in the day and championships were still won.

It's become a thing or should I say a blight on the modern game and it needs to stop.
That's potentially because no one else in the league was either.

There's obviously an advantage to doing it otherwise teams/players wouldn't.

He wouldnā€™t play those games if he was around today though. It sucks as a fan sometimes, but if itā€™s your team with a legitimate chance at a championship you want them managing workloads.

There isnā€™t a fix and there doesnā€™t really need to be one. The regular season is irrelevant for the genuinely good teams, all that matters is what state your roster is in come the playoffs.

That wasnā€™t the point jod23 . We are talking about 2023, not 25 years ago. If Michael Jordan played today, he would be managed leading up to the playoffs.

Coaches have just changed their mentalities in the last decade and will rest players leading up to the playoffs. If a team clinches the division with 4 games to spare, every starter wont play those games. Michael Jordan would be in the same situation. Probably more of a reason why that era was just so great. Everyone going hard for 82 games.

Agree if MJ was playing today heā€™d have many games off to manage the load. Itā€™s a different era and time now, things have changed, back then it was ā€œplaying at all costsā€ basically.

Most sports are like this, happens in the AFL when a legitimate team knows theyā€™re a very good chance at the flag, I know Geelong managed the load of a number of players last year to have us peaking at the right time.

Agree if MJ was playing today heā€™d have many games off to manage the load. Itā€™s a different era and time now, things have changed, back then it was ā€œplaying at all costsā€ basically.

Most sports are like this, happens in the AFL when a legitimate team knows theyā€™re a very good chance at the flag, I know Geelong managed the load of a number of players last year to have us peaking at the right time.

We did the same by having two new injuries a week.

What's with the Port player?

SFA team PM. One of our players is banned from competing this week and he is a Port supporter with this avatar. A few of us are sporting it as our avatars in support of him. Basically thatā€™s it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best tweet on this so far....

Haha terrific.

I'm unsure what Dallas are doing though. I think this trade has guaranteed they end up losing Doncic. Kyrie aint staying past this year. So they've given up draft picks and two good players in Dinwiddie and Finney Smith for a three month rental.

Dallas arent winning a championship this season.

So next season it will be back to Doncic on his own but now without Finney Smith and Dinwiddie and with worse players around him less draft picks for Dallas. He will just end up leaving in free agency.

Kyrie will be in LA next season.

Brooklyn did ok out of it. Could still contend in the East cos they have KD. Dinwiddie is sneaky good and Finney Smith is a great defender and shooter.

Could see this lineup Simmons, Dinwiddie, KD, Finney Smith, Claxton. Can then go small and sit Claxton and have another shooter out there like Mills, Curry etc. Or sit Simmons for Mills/Curry.

Joe Tsai apparently didn't want to send Kyrie to his #1 destination which would have been the Lakers.

I'd be shocked if anyone other than the Mavs gave him a long term deal really. Phoenix perhaps, they were willing to give up CP3 for him apparently.

Any neutrals going for The Chiefs in the Superbowl ???

Alas I fear they will get smashed, for the most part the Eagles have been the most slick and professional team all season (apart from a couple if hiccups)

Wouldn't mind it so much if their fanbase were not so unbearable lol

Any neutrals going for The Chiefs in the Superbowl ???

Alas I fear they will get smashed, for the most part the Eagles have been the most slick and professional team all season (apart from a couple if hiccups)

Wouldn't mind it so much if their fanbase were not so unbearable lol

Hang on, are you a Chiefs supporter?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back