The USA Sports Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I really struggle to watch the game any more given the way it is played and officiated. Aside from more travelling to enable more step back threes and less contact on D being allowed, what is the evolution of the game from here? To be more like the all star game?
Yeah this is 100% me. Used to love watching it, it's becoming comical now though.

Prefer the MLB (to follow, not necessarily watch - who has the time) and I'm getting far more into the ice hockey in recent times.

What are they worth?

$150 USD for the entire year and that price is for every ML clubs games + every clubs minor league affiliate games (AAA, AA, High A, Single A).

vs

$130 USD for a single club package (+ only that teams minor league affiliate). Not worth it considering the above price.

I am on a 7 day trial at the moment and will definitely sign up for the entire year. There are usually 50% off discounts a few times through the year and those are around Memorial Day or Mothers Day (May), Fathers Day (June) and the ASG.

$150 USD for the entire year and that price is for every ML clubs games + every clubs minor league affiliate games (AAA, AA, High A, Single A).

vs

$130 USD for a single club package (+ only that teams minor league affiliate). Not worth it considering the above price.

I am on a 7 day trial at the moment and will definitely sign up for the entire year. There are usually 50% off discounts a few times through the year and those are around Memorial Day or Mothers Day (May), Fathers Day (June) and the ASG.
That's not too bad in comparison to the NFL's gamepass.

I might pick it up on a sale but then realistically, I really don't get much time to watch a full game - do they do condensed games?

That's not too bad in comparison to the NFL's gamepass.

I might pick it up on a sale but then realistically, I really don't get much time to watch a full game - do they do condensed games?

Yeah, they do. The “recap” is 3 minutes and “condensed” is 10 minutes. They don’t appear to be available on all devices though. Like I can watch Recap/Condensed on the Samsung TV app, but can’t on my MacBook/Ipad. Unless I can’t find the option lol.

There are some blackouts this year. Those are the games that will be shown on Kayo (ESPN) - like yesterday I watched Cubs/Mets on Kayo because it was unavailable to watch on MLB.TV. And the games that are on Apple TV (fortunately only 2 games a week) are games that won’t be able to be watched on MLB.TV.

Also, you can test it out by creating a MLB.TV account and just watch the one free game of the day they show (every day).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure the Nuggets come out of that series looking great. Lakers outplayed them for good chunks in most of the games. Think I saw they spent over 70% of game time in the series leading. Can’t write Jokic off but think they’ll have their hands full getting out of the west.

Not sure the Nuggets come out of that series looking great. Lakers outplayed them for good chunks in most of the games. Think I saw they spent over 70% of game time in the series leading. Can’t write Jokic off but think they’ll have their hands full getting out of the west.
The Lakers are a bad match up for the Nuggets though. That's what the playoffs is about, matchups.

If the Nuggest cos the Pels in the first round, they sweep them looking a million bucks and people would be saying they a lock for back to back.

And even then they beat LA 4-1 in a series where they dont really match up well yet still found ways to win.

They are the real deal.

Having said all that, I think Minny are too and that series is gonna be great.

The Clippers are done for the foreseeable future.

It's a shame, on paper they recruited well. Just couldn't keep them healthy enough for long enough.
When fit, really good, they had that stretch in the season where they went 17-3 or something like that and had the best record in the league over that time period and everyone fit and playing.

But they just cant stay healthy and having players come in and out and minutes and roles changing all the time just kills any teams cohesion.

I suspect big changes in the offseason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back