Health The Value of Jesus/God in Your Life

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry, but thats such a pea-brained train of thought.....people die so there mustnt be a loving god/creator. You do realize all life is designed to have a used-by date, that life and death are intertwined.

Theres very deep esoteric reasons why a loving creator allows people to suffer, die, etc...but i dont want to explain it if it is just gonna go over peoples heads.

But a little taste...eapecially right now, it is the end days, when god has allowed the devil to reign, to test humanity, they have free will, to decide which path to take....and thus judgment, saving those who believe and perishing those who dont and instead accept the will of satan.

What are you talking about?

God doesn't exist, or if he does he (no chance that God is female) is the single most morally bereft entity in the history of the universe.

Based on the hundreds of thousands, if not millions of deaths that will stem from COVID-19 there is no option to but to accept one of these two scenarios.

But the religious will tell you that "God is good." The f*** he is.

whether you believe in him or not is irrelevant to this debate.
The god Christians believe in gave man free will and the belief is that free will leads, if man chooses to use it that way, to sin.
If a father says to his children, do what you want, right or wrong, but here is a guide to what’s right, and it is ignored, it doesn’t make the father morally bereft

whether you believe in him or not is irrelevant to this debate.
The god Christians believe in gave man free will and the belief is that free will leads, if man chooses to use it that way, to sin.
If a father says to his children, do what you want, right or wrong, but here is a guide to what’s right, and it is ignored, it doesn’t make the father morally bereft

When the father lets his innocent children get Coronavirus but has the power to stop it then he is morally bereft.

Pffft, yeah ok.

So when good things happen God can take the credit, but when bad things happen he can handball the blame?

Sounds a lot like Donald Trump.
God gives free will. Everyone has it. You can either let God into your heart or not. God doesn't control everything. But he will always have your back

When the father lets his innocent children get Coronavirus but has the power to stop it then he is morally bereft.
The children have the power to avoid getting coronavirus. The father does not have the power to stop their free will in day to day life

The children have the power to avoid getting coronavirus. The father does not have the power to stop their free will in day to day life

The children have the power to avoid getting coronavirus do they?

Explain that to the 2 month old in intensive care if the poor thing pulls through.

i'm not scholarly like you are The Speaker about Christianity, Bible, etc. So I can't go toe-to-toe with you on this topic in GREAT depth.

All i know is...
1. The "jesus" story (virgin birth/resurrection) is a common tale in many cultures pre-dating the era of the Romans for thousands/hundreds of years, with the deity/figure going by many different names. It could be Jesus of roman era didnt actually exist, but was just a re-telling of all those passed down stories. That doesn't mean that figure never existed, perhaps he existed thousands of years before the year 1 AD. Perhaps God kept sending himself in human form every thousand years (hence those other figures) and ALSO Jesus existed in Roman era as another one of those. I don't know. But I reckon there IS a figure that was God sending himself in the flesh to give us a path to redemption, to follow that figures lead, etc.

2. I don't trust the Church....nor any organized religion. People get together and clique, make up their own rules/guidelines/dogmas based on societal/political leanings as well as their own little think-tank where they embellish God/spirituality. Many different cultures twisting and embellishing, adding and subtracting. Even in each actual religion there are many branches where cliques did this. Look how many "christian" branches there are for instance.

3. I trust myself more, my own observations and impressions GIVEN that I had those experiences with Jesus/God. From what I observed and got told etc, how I interpret God/Jesus is much simpler. Basically -- we are on earth to attain freedom/redemption from this plane, we are not to abstain from life, like pious monks, we are to enjoy it and live it, but HONORABLY. The aim of life is to achieve genuinely honorable happiness with our SELF. If we achieve such, then we are rewarded with an afterlife of happiness. If we fail, culminate in misery, dishonorable gain, etc, then we are rewarded with an afterlife of pain. Basically, just like in life....if you put good work into something you are rewarded with an outcome, a promotion, etc. What you reap you sow kind of thing. Honorable happiness---there aren't a billion rules about what is sinful etc. There's just honorable and dishonorable acts. There's a bit of leeway in there in regards to what we can do to be happy, as in, what Catholicism or Islam would say is SINFUL, isn't at all. I don't want to give specific examples, but use your imagination. Things like say, making money, sex, etc. Whilst this life is fraught with pitfalls that can lead to dishonorable acts and dishonorable happiness (eg, at the expense of others), and whilst this life is the Devils Domain as such, a testing ground, we as humans are put here to TRY to enjoy life, honorably because then that honors our creator.

4. No, i'm not saying I'm a messenger of God. I'm just saying Jesus/God exists, but...from what I gleaned from my experiences, it's not how we know it now. All fire and sinfulness with tons of rules about how to pray, don't swear, dont do this, be pure like a monk, etc. And there's leeway to life, acts, we are here to enjoy it and try to generate love and compassion and help around, but we are certainly allowed to live it, as we are conduits for god himself, him vicariously experiencing life THRU us.
One of the best posts of all time

How old are you? I'm not 2 months old

Are you morally challenged or just stupid?

There are infants in intensive care suffering with Coronavirus and you just said that children have the power to avoid getting Coronavirus.

Explain to me how an infant has the power to avoid getting Coronavirus.

Sheesh, how obtuse. What kind of life is it where everyone and everything lives in a bubble, bubblewrap, no adversity, no pain, no suffering, etc. The whole experience of sentient beings is an existence in the duality of good and evil in accord with each other. You just dont understand the complexities of existence (on a corporeal AND spiritual level) if all you think life is is being coddled in fairy floss

Sheesh, how obtuse. What kind of life is it where everyone and everything lives in a bubble, bubblewrap, no adversity, no pain, no suffering, etc. The whole experience of sentient beings is an existence in the duality of good and evil in accord with each other. You just dont understand the complexities of existence (on a corporeal AND spiritual level) if all you think life is is being coddled in fairy floss
Interesting.
People often attribute good luck or fortune to a skill, knowledge or innate intelligence of their own planning to make it happen.
But when some thing bad happens, directly attributable to their own mistake, its passed off as bad luck.
So. It seems those who disbelieve in a higher power will happily deny or embrace the higher power of luck and circumstance when the case suits their ego narrative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you morally challenged or just stupid?

There are infants in intensive care suffering with Coronavirus and you just said that children have the power to avoid getting Coronavirus.

Explain to me how an infant has the power to avoid getting Coronavirus.
You're purposely misinterpreting what I'm saying. So I'm treating you like an idiot the same

Interesting.
People often attribute good luck or fortune to a skill, knowledge or innate intelligence of their own planning to make it happen.
But when some thing bad happens, directly attributable to their own mistake, its passed off as bad luck.
So. It seems those who disbelieve in a higher power will happily deny or embrace the higher power of luck and circumstance when the case suits their ego narrative.
Checkmate, Cryptkeeper

You're purposely misinterpreting what I'm saying. So I'm treating you like an idiot the same

Go on, re-position it then.

This is EXACTLY what you said:

How exactly would you like that very clear comment interpreted? I am interpreting it literally. Like a human.

Go on, re-position it then.

This is EXACTLY what you said:

How exactly would you like that very clear comment interpreted? I am interpreting it literally. Like a human.
The children could be a 40 year old man? Why did you choose a 2 month old baby? Why didn't the parents protect the baby like God gave them the will to do so?

The children could be a 40 year old man? Why did you choose a 2 month old baby? Why didn't the parents protect the baby like God gave them the will to do so?

Now this might be an inconvenient truth for you but I chose a 2 month old baby because there is actually a 2 month old who has now contracted Coronavirus. How would parents protect their baby from an unseen virus?

So, given that a 2 month old baby cannot possibly commit sin, on what possible basis could your ever so loving God allow this to happen? How could your ever so loving God allow millions to starve to death every year, including babies who are without sin? How would a Ugandan mother in the midst of a civil war, protect her baby from starvation?

I'll await some vague response about God's grace and the Devil or some such nonsense (I grew up in the Church and studied your fairytales for two decades) because you religious folk have no explanation that excuses such vengeful, spiteful behaviour from this God of yours, if he indeed exists.

I'll await some vague response about God's grace and the Devil or some such nonsense (I grew up in the Church and studied your fairytales for two decades) because you religious folk have no explanation that excuses such vengeful, spiteful behaviour from this God of yours, if he indeed exists.

Can you please explain in more detail what you understand the Bible's teaching on the relationship between humans, sin and suffering to be?

Can you please explain in more detail what you understand the Bible's teaching on the relationship between humans, sin and suffering to be?

No. How about you answer my questions first?

Go on, defend this God of yours. Try to do so without being vague.

Now this might be an inconvenient truth for you but I chose a 2 month old baby because there is actually a 2 month old who has now contracted Coronavirus. How would parents protect their baby from an unseen virus?

So, given that a 2 month old baby cannot possibly commit sin, on what possible basis could your ever so loving God allow this to happen? How could your ever so loving God allow millions to starve to death every year, including babies who are without sin? How would a Ugandan mother in the midst of a civil war, protect her baby from starvation?

The same way they'd protect any person. I'm not sure what it has to do with God quite frankly. Do you think God controls every minute detail of the universe? If people use the will he gave them to do bad things, make bad decisions, etc. bad things will happen. He can't stop them from doing so. It is up to them

Viruses don't spread based on who sins lol. They mainly spread when humans come into close contact with each other

People starve to death as a result of thousands of years of bad decisions by ancestors, wars, migrating to the wrong areas, etc. etc.

It's mostly common sense

The Cryptkeeper and anyone else. A lot of you try to make assumptions, insult, mock, etc. But it only goes to show how little you really understand what you're talking about. There's nothing wrong with not knowing. I'm just saying what gives with the assumptions when what you're saying makes little sense? Seek first to understand, and then insult/mock/disagree after

The same way they'd protect any person. I'm not sure what it has to do with God quite frankly. Do you think God controls every minute detail of the universe? If people use the will he gave them to do bad things, make bad decisions, etc. bad things will happen. He can't stop them from doing so. It is up to them

Viruses don't spread based on who sins lol. They mainly spread when humans come into close contact with each other

People starve to death as a result of thousands of years of bad decisions by ancestors, wars, migrating to the wrong areas, etc. etc.

It's mostly common sense

No, you don’t get to try that one on.

Christians preach that God is all knowing, all-loving and all-powerful. Allegedly if you pray He hears you.

The Bible absolutely implies that God controls the universe. He allegedly created it so it’s a reasonable line to draw that the creator is also the controller.

So, this God is either an evil bully who is pulling the strings for his own perverse entertainment or He is a creation of man and therefore doesn’t exist.

The Cryptkeeper and anyone else. A lot of you try to make assumptions, insult, mock, etc. But it only goes to show how little you really understand what you're talking about. There's nothing wrong with not knowing. I'm just saying what gives with the assumptions when what you're saying makes little sense? Seek first to understand, and then insult/mock/disagree after

I went to church and studied the Bible for 20 years.

I saw the most abhorrent things done to gullible people in the name of God.

You don’t get to accuse me of being ignorant. And you don’t get to accuse me of mockery when you tried and miserably failed to belittle me in the first place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back