The "We must get Tom Lynch at all costs...or maybe not" Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a read of their board.
Appears to be some conflict as to the veracity of the information.
With all due respect to Frank Grimes we'll move on for the moment.
Thanks for your time and we await your next, (confirmed/verified) instalment.

Having read your message I contacted a friend who is in a Coterie at Richmond. He didn't attend today's Presidents lunch. He called "bull_ _ _ _". He advised that such a statement if true would be kept in-house.

Sorry just re-read my message. Friend did not attend the lunch yesterday

Last edited:

Here’s a novel idea,
Let the nauseating tiger types stay on their own board,
And we’ll stay on ours.

Sorry..had to edit my previous message as I had indicated my friend had attended the lunch he did not. He called bull_ _ _ t that it any such comments would be made about Lynch. However he did indicate that Richmond are extremely confident they have Lynch (Prestia's influence has been huge and he has been talking to Lynch since last year). It was the Pies have made Lynch two offers that he has rejected. Friend indicated that the club do not want the likes of Ralph, Kev and Caro to get excited and go over the top like they did with Treloar. They were promised that Treloar was "theirs". He did indicate that until he signs anything can happen....

Lynch is a luxury we can’t afford now. We need to get some talls in our backline.

Hopefully our 1st round pick, plus Kelly. Apparently Quaynor can play tall and small so maybe he fills in for Shaz medium term.

In terms of list need we desperately need some KPD before KPF no doubt,who will be available and what is the cost.
I would not mind either May or Thompson from GCS and who else is available? if Lynch is coming all well and good but we should be chasing backs.

I just hope Kelly grows another 3 or 4cmtrs and we go after him,Quaynor would be good also but I rate Appleby long term for us.
I think we definitely need Reid and probably Goldsack back now and hope MaClarty comes good.

In terms of list need we desperately need some KPD before KPF no doubt,who will be available and what is the cost.
I would not mind either May or Thompson from GCS and who else is available? if Lynch is coming all well and good but we should be chasing backs.

I just hope Kelly grows another 3 or 4cmtrs and we go after him,Quaynor would be good also but I rate Appleby long term for us.
I think we definitely need Reid and probably Goldsack back now and hope MaClarty comes good.
Agree we need another KPD but think both Reid and Goldy are not the solution just a band-aid , both are over the hill and injury prone.

Don't buy into the Richmond reports. They are just trying to stir up Pies fans so we get emotionally invested in Lynch the same way they did about Treloar because interest is diminishing on our side.

Can Richmond posters just stay on their own board? They rarely if ever contribute anything meaningful to discussions. Can we just set the precident that they aren't welcome here on OUR board? Bunch of flogs.

Yesterday my newly converted (4 years strong) Pies fan partner summed up Richmond fans in a great way: "Loud and ignorant".

Very proud.

Agree we need another KPD but think both Reid and Goldy are not the solution just a band-aid , both are over the hill and injury prone.
We are actually reaching the stage where we need a band_aid if we have not already.Although Reid and Goldsack are not long term solutions we will need them before the season is over and hopefully they might come in and do a job.

I’m a bit from the old school.

We’ll know the lynch decision when it’s announced.

Has he actually signed any contract?
No?

Oh he hasn’t, so the decision is not final...

These things become reality until it’s signed and delivered.

Until then people will speculate about “insider” information that unless it is Tom Lynch is saying so or his manager you can take with a grain of salt.

Don’t people find it odd, that there is all these people that say they know what’s happening yet there is so much different information and clubs mentioned.

Isn’t that really odd?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m a bit from the old school.

We’ll know the lynch decision when it’s announced.

Has he actually signed any contract?
No?

Oh he hasn’t, so the decision is not final...

These things become reality until it’s signed and delivered.

Until then people will speculate about “insider” information that unless it is Tom Lynch is saying so or his manager you can take with a grain of salt.

Don’t people find it odd, that there is all these people that say they know what’s happening yet there is so much different information and clubs mentioned.

Isn’t that really odd?
Agree it's getting as ridiculous as the media reports changing daily which team is favourite for his signature.

Just got this back from my contact at the Club. I was hoping to confirm Lynch to the Pies but it seems a little more complicated.

What I heard also makes me sound like a dickhead because I have been very strong about our Club being in a good position salary cap wise......happy to take my medicine people.....go easy still haven’t gotten over Shazzas injury.

4E86DAA9-A00D-4D64-807F-050A133920ED.jpeg

Just got this back from my contact at the Club. I was hoping to confirm Lynch to the Pies but it seems a little more complicated.

What I heard also makes me sound like a dickhead because I have been very strong about our Club being in a good position salary cap wise......happy to take my medicine people.....go easy still haven’t gotten over Shazzas injury.

View attachment 534935

Give us the punch line CFC.

We are actually reaching the stage where we need a band_aid if we have not already.Although Reid and Goldsack are not long term solutions we will need them before the season is over and hopefully they might come in and do a job.

Agreed. They're all we've got left.
Being tall defenders, the only other one left is McClarty who might not be able to be relied upon to take on more expeirenced tall forwards during finals.

View attachment 534935

Something along the lines of salary cap constraint, leading to having to offload players and salary cap repair complicating any offer to Lynch?

It's not much but I thought I'd share.

We have spoken to May and are still hopeful of landing him and Lynch, that slimy prick's Allen's legacy of Wells' and Mayne's contracts is a major stumbling block. Dunn will be offered a new contract. Schaz was in tears in the rooms.

We have spoken to May and are still hopeful of landing him and Lynch, that slimy prick's Allen's legacy of Wells' and Mayne's contracts is a major stumbling block. Dunn will be offered a new contract. Schaz was in tears in the rooms.

Poor Shaz :(

Need to tighten screws on Wells $500k pay him out and retire him, see ya later too - Fas $400k Blair $350k Smith $300k put Wills $250k and Greenwood $400k on the trade table, rookie list Goldy $400k, Broomy $350k. There's a few $ saved.

Poor Schaz that's heart breaking.
Stay strong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back