The what if thread

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
About a year ago I made this thread funnily enough. Was just thinking about it and various players going down injured and how it affected outcomes of games, seasons. What if Tom Mitchell didn't get injured pre-season for 2019. Hawthorn with the added additions of Wingard and Scully made them one dangerous outfit. Top 4 last season and were right in the Melboure semi final encounter but shot themselves in the foot with poor kicking. Certainly big contenders again to finish in the 4 this year, I don't think they will now but with the players they've acquired still will do some damage to some big teams around them.

Roughead, Breust, Gunston, Poppy, Wingard is one sadistic forward line.

Dogs win in 2016 was not just one of my favourite footy moments ever, but sporting moments ever.

No one desered to end the drought more. That was on end of the most stirring wins, and final campaigns I've ever witnessed.

Probably the best in actual fact. Just freakishly good.

**** that sounded like a cross between Mcavaney and Dwayne Russell.

A good what if from 2016.

What if Isaac Smith didn’t miss? We’d have played Geelong in the semi. Geelong was the only side we didn’t beat that year.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
A good what if from 2016.

What if Isaac Smith didn’t miss? We’d have played Geelong in the semi. Geelong was the only side we didn’t beat that year.
You guys weren't losing to ANYONE mate.

Too hungry. Too good.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
But what if?
If we lost to the Hawks, you guys would have beaten us. If we did beat you, I believe we could have beat GWS the next week in the Prelim ( 50-50 } then ultimately lost to Hawthorn/Sydney the next week.

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
That list gets longer every year. Soon it'll include Rance, Riewoldt and KB
Yep. I love Adam. Has provided our club with success and lols.
What if Dom Sheed missed the set shot in the dying minutes of the Grand Final?
Result would remain the same. WCE would’ve kicked a goal. Collingwood were all over the shop when it mattered. JDG looking for Joe the goose cheapies, etc.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
What if the Pies won last year. I wouldn't have them as premiership faves this. I'd have a Dees-Tigers GF, Dees as flag faves.

West Coast would be considered big game chokers despite getting close. 2015 and 2018 GF defeats after strong home and away seasons.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
that quarter still haunts me to this very day.
I remember I felt ill at the final siren, The hollowest after a victory I have ever felt.
Cost you a GF spot. Wasn't meant to be. Cousins and Judd injured vs Port, you woulda had them. 4 goals up and lost by 2 points. Surprised Pies game went to Extra time with Kerr out also.

kid_a

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2010
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, East Freo, Glory
Cost you a GF spot. Wasn't meant to be. Cousins and Judd injured vs Port, you woulda had them. 4 goals up and lost by 2 points. Surprised Pies game went to Extra time with Kerr out also.
Yep, those three last games of our 2007 campaign are still so vivid in my memory.
Had that last quarter not have happened Im very confident in saying it wouldve been the GF pretty much we all wanted from that year.....the reigning champs v the scorching hot challangers.

Just the thought of seeing those midfields battle each other in a GF is enough to make a footy purist go erect.

On a little side-note I think that drawn semi v Collingwood was actually one of Priddis`s best games he played in his career.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Yep, those three last games of our 2007 campaign are still so vivid in my memory.
Had that last quarter not have happened Im very confident in saying it wouldve been the GF pretty much we all wanted from that year.....the reigning champs v the scorching hot challangers.

Just the thought of seeing those midfields battle each other in a GF is enough to make a footy purist go erect.

On a little side-note I think that drawn semi v Collingwood was actually one of Priddis`s best games he played in his career.
100 percent. If they could barely beat you at their home ground with Judd and Cousins done during the game, they wouldn't have got you at Subi. It would have been a marvellous match IF you guys were fully healthy. With you beating us in 92 and 94, there certainly would have been some demons resurfacing come Grand Final week. The Pies pushed us in that prelim and got within a whisker { see what I did there } the fact you took them to E.T missing all your stars speaks volumes. You could have beaten us with a full list I believe. All if's and but's with full lists, being on the right side of the draw etc. If you got to play us without your stars in the prelim if you did get past the Maggies, I believe we would have eaten you alive.

Back