Social Science Things that please me - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

1. U dont know me
2. U dont know my ex
3. Not all of us have romantic partners to go buy property together
4. Shove it

Without prying (which I am) why would you want to do this - I'm trying to talk my kids out of going down this path because of pitfalls that could arise. It does seem a little strange. Like MEB said, make sure the contract is water tight with reasonable exits for both parties

You'd have to admit that (without knowing you two of course) on the surface it doesn't seem like a good idea, good breakup or not.

Ok. But I am excited about the prospect of owning my own place.and also excited at the thought of having no or a very small mortgage to go with it.

Anyway still a long way off about a year..

Without prying (which I am) why would you want to do this - I'm trying to talk my kids out of going down this path because of pitfalls that could arise. It does seem a little strange. Like MEB said, make sure the contract is water tight with reasonable exits for both parties

See above

JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY

STEVE! STEVE! STEVE! STEVE! STEVE! STEVE! STEVE! STEVE! STEVE! STEVE! STEVE! STEVE! STEVE! STEVE! STEVE! STEVE! STEVE! STEVE!
I had the hots for Steve

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok this is weird and I have no idea why but its pleasing me a little that Miley Cyrus is possible getting her s**t together now that's she's back with Liam Hemsworth. After all the crap of wrecking ball and that tongue s**t maybe this is the turning point she's been waiting for.

Yeah I have no life and an article showed up on my news app as I was scrolling through. Why oh why did I have to click on that article I have no idea.

Was on my phone last night will explain a bit further in a spoiler cause others may not care/wanna see

There are several reasons. We are friends. I could argue until the cows come home that I dont have feelings anymore for him, but I wont. It's over. Period. I cant afford to buy my own place on my own and have no other offers going atm. I may be able to cover the costs, but I'd like be living on rice and beans so **** that. A mortgage, bills, rates and insurance cut in half is fine by me as I'd like to have a life too. My vision for actual living together is we'd have separate lives too. Separate meals/prepare our own food, bedrooms at hopefully either end of the house + locks on the bedroom doors for extra privacy. He should be pretty easy to live with (he drives me nuts on occasion but nothing major), and has mad home maintenance skills so we'd save heaps of money in that area. And I wouldnt want to live alone anyway, for safety reasons. I think thats about it? All good CP? :)

The worst that can happen is a horrible financial mess, you say there's no emotion anymore so no hurt feelings. If you reckon you can make work, go for it.

Everything would be on paper, signed/legal. I trust this guy 100% regardless. And vice versa.

Was on my phone last night will explain a bit further in a spoiler cause others may not care/wanna see

There are several reasons. We are friends. I could argue until the cows come home that I dont have feelings anymore for him, but I wont. It's over. Period. I cant afford to buy my own place on my own and have no other offers going atm. I may be able to cover the costs, but I'd like be living on rice and beans so **** that. A mortgage, bills, rates and insurance cut in half is fine by me as I'd like to have a life too. My vision for actual living together is we'd have separate lives too. Separate meals/prepare our own food, bedrooms at hopefully either end of the house + locks on the bedroom doors for extra privacy. He should be pretty easy to live with (he drives me nuts on occasion but nothing major), and has mad home maintenance skills so we'd save heaps of money in that area. And I wouldnt want to live alone anyway, for safety reasons. I think thats about it? All good CP? :)
that is damn mature of the both of you. just both of you make sure you've got an exit strategy

that is damn mature of the both of you. just both of you make sure you've got an exit strategy

Yup. And I will bring up the topic of bringing partners back to the place, hell even a partner potentially moving in. Will cover (or try to cover) any potential situation that may arise with buying a place together. And if he admits to any feelings for me at all, then the deal is pretty much off, I won't do it. We broke up in 2012 FWIW, so ages ago.

Shell , not sure where you're looking to buy but if you're going to be living together (wont judge) wont you be after a decent sized place? I mean if he gets a partner and you have a partner that both move in that's 4 adults in the one place and would be quite squishy (esp. if 1 bathroom/toilet).

Have you done the costings of your own small unit vs place you two are looking at?

Shell , not sure where you're looking to buy but if you're going to be living together (wont judge) wont you be after a decent sized place? I mean if he gets a partner and you have a partner that both move in that's 4 adults in the one place and would be quite squishy (esp. if 1 bathroom/toilet).

Have you done the costings of your own small unit vs place you two are looking at?

Nah not yet, nowhere near that stage yet.

A master w/ensuite + a bathroom would work I'd think. Or maybe a 3 bedroom > a 2 bedroom.

Nah not yet, nowhere near that stage yet.

A master w/ensuite + a bathroom would work I'd think. Or maybe a 3 bedroom > a 2 bedroom.
if you're anything like me Shell (since I think we're of similar vintage), there isn't a week where I didn't wish I got into the housing market 10 years ago..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back