Things that please me - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol! I have two steaks finishing up in the fridge after aging for a couple of days. Been looking forward to them for a couple of months. They'll get the heavy skillet and garlic/rosemary treatment later.

Plan is to use macadamia oil to get the crust, then once they have been in the oven for three minutes to settle, back on the gas, add the garlic/rosemary and butter and baste for another couple of minutes before resting. I'll flash up the veges while that's happening.

What oil did you use in the skillet?

Lol! I have two steaks finishing up in the fridge after aging for a couple of days. Been looking forward to them for a couple of months. They'll get the heavy skillet and garlic/rosemary treatment later.

Plan is to use macadamia oil to get the crust, then once they have been in the oven for three minutes to settle, back on the gas, add the garlic/rosemary and butter and baste for another couple of minutes before resting. I'll flash up the veges while that's happening.

What oil did you use in the skillet?
Pretty much exactly what I did, but I use an air-fryer these days instead of an oven which I've preheated with a cast iron plate.
I generally use either ghee or pork fat, today I went with ghee.

Regrettably, a fraction overdone - just on the medium side of medium rare. Less salt during the aging next time. First time on my partner's stove, using her pans. They'll be better next time.

Roast veges (wasn't going to heat up the oven just for three minutes) were sensational.
You know you've buggered up when you're happier about the veg

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Regrettably, a fraction overdone - just on the medium side of medium rare. Less salt during the aging next time. First time on my partner's stove, using her pans. They'll be better next time.

Roast veges (wasn't going to heat up the oven just for three minutes) were sensational.

Yeah the pans would be disappointed with that performance. They’ll learn and be better for that and come out stronger for it next round.

Or wait. Are her pans a euphemism for something else

Beautiful weather today. Got some much needed weeding done, went for a walk and washed the car. Lovely.

Indeed. Did the same. 4 and a bit hour walk.

I notice that spring is coming not only due to sun and warmer weathe (until right now it’s freezing) , but also saw some flies today. And so weeds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would rip out the weeds in my back lawn - but then there'd be no "lawn" left!

Whatever the weed is only grows an inch high too - better than grass that needs mowing every second weekend.

I would rip out the weeds in my back lawn - but then there'd be no "lawn" left!

Whatever the weed is only grows an inch high too - better than grass that needs mowing every second weekend.

we were laughing about this the other day, looks lovely and green our lawn.....probably about half of it is weeds. Keep it short and it looks fine

ill be giving it a weed and feed just before spring if there is some good weather. That'll get rid of the weed and try and get the grass going

we were laughing about this the other day, looks lovely and green our lawn.....probably about half of it is weeds. Keep it short and it looks fine

ill be giving it a weed and feed just before spring if there is some good weather. That'll get rid of the weed and try and get the grass going
We need some rain - did I really say that? :grimacing: Better get the spear pump going to green up the grass.

Apparently another La Nina will arrive towards the end of the year, another wet summer coming up?

We need some rain - did I really say that? :grimacing: Better get the spear pump going to green up the grass.

Apparently another La Nina will arrive towards the end of the year, another wet summer coming up?

too much rain, our place doesnt drain well and backyard is pretty water logged. Something ill need to look into (we only moved in 6 months ago)

I ripped out some weeds resembling trees on Sunday, * me they grew quick, the weather is certainly getting warmer.

in a few months we'll be bumping the cold thread wishing for it to come back

Day off so porridge for breakfast while reading the Eddie Betts book

Whats your take on it so far? I take if youre not adopting the andrew jarman/riccutio "get over it" stance?

in a few months we'll be bumping the cold thread wishing for it to come back

Whats your take on it so far? I take if youre not adopting the andrew jarman/riccutio "get over it" stance?

I knew a lot of his background and his literacy issues from being a Carlton supporter. I am up to the part where Phil Walsh was murdered.

I love his honesty and that he writes about the racism and how it affects him and his loved ones.

I think what the Crows did to those players is disgusting and like both Eddie and Josh said they were already resilient from losing their coach.

I would be furious with the clubs cover up and brushing aside of the players concerns. I also feel for the players family and loved ones watching them struggle with what happened.

I think they need to acknowledge why these players are speaking up now and genuinely listen to why they are angry and upset. Only then will the players be able to put it behind them.

Tia-Clair Toomey winning her 6th CrossFit Games championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back