Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve always been a Port boy but since moving to mannum 18 years ago and being involved with the club up here I’m partial to the Blues now. My daughter is dating a Sturt u18’s player too .
We ended up a couple of blocks from Unley Oval when we moved to Adelaide and Ken Whelan was one of my primary school teachers, Sturt were always going to be my guys.

We ended up a couple of blocks from Unley Oval when we moved to Adelaide and Ken Whelan was one of my primary school teachers, Sturt were always going to be my guys.
13 possessions and a goal in his first game, not too bad.

Every few days I buy a slab when I’m up the beach and walk through the caravan park carrying it.

I enjoy thinking of new responses to people as I get a few comments as I walk past.

The usual one is “oh got thirsty”, sometimes it’s “this is the most exercise I’ll get today” and just before I went with “got the groceries sorted!” Champagne comedy!

Soup too wet. Would not eat.

Should be like this:

View attachment 1945121
About five years ago I made a huge pot of chicken vegetable soup.

Washed and chopped up all my veg for the stock mix, seared off in small batches to maximise caramelisation and flavour, along with two whole roasted chicken carcasses and let that simmer all day (~6 hours), skimming the fat every so often. It smelled amazing.

Blanched some more chopped vegetables (for the nice colour pop), seared some thin sliced chicken breast to add to the broth, and put my noodles on to soak. Then I poured the soup through my colander sitting in the sink. Tipped the colander residue back into the soup pot, and then stared at it for a few seconds trying to process what had happened.

Once my brain finally rebooted, we had a stir fry chicken dish instead!

Washed and chopped up all my veg for the stock mix, seared off in small batches to maximise caramelisation and flavour, along with two whole roasted chicken carcasses and let that simmer all day (~6 hours), skimming the fat every so often. It smelled amazing.

Blanched some more chopped vegetables (for the nice colour pop), seared some thin sliced chicken breast to add to the broth, and put my noodles on to soak. Then I poured the soup through my colander sitting in the sink. Tipped the colander residue back into the soup pot, and then stared at it for a few seconds trying to process what had happened.

That cracked me up 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you ever really made homemade stock if you have never tipped it down the drain on accident?

How bloody cute was the kid at the coin toss for the North v Carlton game. Love seeing stuff like that.
Yeah I saw that, what a bundle of pure joy and happiness she was.

Mate of mine's kid is at the primary school we went to and there's a plaque at the school honouring our 1984 lightning carnival triumph and listing our names. As I said to him when he showed me the picture, our footy careers peaked that day.
1989 Hockey State Champions.

Peaked in year 9...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back