Mega Thread Things that s**t me part XI - The Eleventh One!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
a better story would be them losing by a point after the siren

You seem really upset that your club's fortunes have changed and that your's is now the unsuccessful minnow club.

I just enjoy the Dogs being in the grand final because it's something completely different. Read about some of their struggles in the '80s and '90s and it's hard not to cheer for them, particularly against a team that has had a fair bit of success the past decade. Plenty of passionate fans and probably one of the last representations of the old working class days of footy.

I will get annoyed at the constant talk about their injuries, but I'll just ignore it enjoy a different team being there. This was a team two years ago plenty thought was in the shambles, and stuck in a bad cycle after losing their captain and sacking their coach.

People on the main board saying they don't care that the Dogs are in the GF, and they don't really care whose in it if there team isn't.
1- If you call yourself a football supporter surely you'd have to understand the significance of what the dogs have done- making the GF from 7th in turn ending the longest current GF drought.
2- It's childish not to care who isn't playing in the GF if your team isn't, it's the whole reason anyone plays or watches footy. To win a GF. Furthermore IMO it's the best day of the year or close to it, not taking interest in either team because your team isn't in it is lame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I was at DFO today and saw the Oroton store. Had to laugh. Almost bought am umbrella.

I took a finger selfie but my s**t phone won't let me upload it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

finger selfie?
It's a bay thing. Pretty sure Morganashlee ce up with it. You take a photo of your finger near a place in public, usually with something written on your finger. I didn't have a pen or I probably would've written "ead Crowie" or something.

So I was at DFO today and saw the Oroton store. Had to laugh. Almost bought am umbrella.

Screenshot it and then upload

It's a bay thing. Pretty sure Morganashlee ce up with it. You take a photo of your finger near a place in public, usually with something written on your finger. I didn't have a pen or I probably would've written "ead Crowie" or something.
Pretty sure morgs came after a finger selfie

sounds cool man

St kilda

**** you saints.

Why should I love you when you don't love me back?

I want to be happy for the dogs; I want to be on their bandwagon. But all I feel is jealousy. We stuffed probably our best chance up. And they have a real chance to win next weekend.

So that shits me.

The fact I can't even be happy fir them.

I've got some other s**t going on too but **** that.

Things don't go to plan. That's life. You get a run with the umps the dogs did last night, yous probably win a flag or play in another GF during your time at the top. You have goal review in your games? You probably win a grand final. You don't run in to one of the best sides of the modern era looking for redemption? You win. The ball bounces a different way? You win.

Know your club did it's absolute best to compete on the day. Be proud of that. Most of all don't feel obligated to be on a bandwagon as it is the socially acceptable thing to do in the age of "feels" and hyperbole we live in today, and don't feel bad that you don't. It's a competition.

Similar happened to me on Friday at Chadstone, saw the Oroton store and involuntarily chortled. :$

Actually Duritz invented it in his infamous holiday thread. From memory the significance of the finger was him basically saying "f*** you" to everyone who was saying he was posting from his lounge room. :D

This recreation.

screen-shot-2016-09-24-at-4-00-49-pm.png

a) He's not nude.
b) There's no fishing line and money.
c) It's clearly a swimming pool, the original was a empty blue void with no visible end.

Like, why even? The old if you're going to do something, do it properly mantra must be soooo last century.

So, my mum wants me to shave off my beard. I can think it's because it reminds her of my dad. And has her in tears about it.

I've trimmed it to try and keep her happy, but to not avail.

Personally, it doesn't feel natural for me not to have a beard. So I really want to keep it as I feel it's part of me.

So this means I'm stuck with trying to make her happy, or me happy. :(

So, my mum wants me to shave off my beard. I can think it's because it reminds her of my dad. And has her in tears about it.

I've trimmed it to try and keep her happy, but to not avail.

Personally, it doesn't feel natural for me not to have a beard. So I really want to keep it as I feel it's part of me.

So this means I'm stuck with trying to make her happy, or me happy. :(
Make your mum happy mate.

You can always go and have a wank and make yourself happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back