Mega Thread Things that s**t me part XI - The Eleventh One!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cameron Ling. Liked him as a player but as a commentator/interviewer he is just horrible. The way he potted Palmer after the bump was disgraceful imo. If a commentator basically set him up for a suspension like that (even though it would have been looked at) in his playing days he'd have cried orange tears.

nothing against the doggies, but using the 'we finished 7th and now made the GF' line is probably a little void this year, you only finished 2 games from top. any other year and you finish 3rd or 4th

Cameron Ling. Liked him as a player but as a commentator/interviewer he is just horrible. The way he potted Palmer after the bump was disgraceful imo. If a commentator basically set him up for a suspension like that (even though it would have been looked at) in his playing days he'd have cried orange tears.
not enough good bloke hodgey for my liking personally

Half the people who go to uni don't need to be there. A degree isn't worth what it once was.
I agree. With some courses, there is no need to actually attend uni at all. And, with everything slowly moving to online, all the work is now available to do from anywhere around the world.

Theoretically, you could attend a US College from here in Australia.

Ling wasn't too bad when he started in the media but it seems the floggishness of the other Ch7 commentators has rubbed off on him.

He still isn't as bad as Luke Darcy though, he was painful to listen to on Saturday commentating/cheerleading in the GWS v Dogs game, hopefully he isn't commentating the GF but no doubt he'll have some sort of role.

I agree. With some courses, there is no need to actually attend uni at all. And, with everything slowly moving to online, all the work is now available to do from anywhere around the world.

Theoretically, you could attend a US College from here in Australia.

When I first went to uni there was nothing online so you actually had to attend lectures to get the lecture notes rather than just downloading them online.

It still didn't stop me from missing lectures back then though.

My family still expects me to go to every class, lecture, tute, etc. even though I don't have a need for the notes due to not having exams.

There's no 'so what if you miss a class'. And I'll get told off if I miss a class. Means coming up with lies to avoid this.
When you leave home you're going to get loose, I can see a 14 day coke binge when you realise you can do what you want :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nothing against the doggies, but using the 'we finished 7th and now made the GF' line is probably a little void this year, you only finished 2 games from top. any other year and you finish 3rd or 4th
True, but it still meant that there were 6 teams equal than or better than us. There were at least 7 very strong teams in the 8 and no easy wins, unlike some years.

You watch, Sydney will win and become the most hated team in the league, gleefully taking the title from Hawthorn. They'll even get their own cringe worthy hash tag that muppets will think is humorous for 6 months.

True, but it still meant that there were 6 teams equal than or better than us. There were at least 7 very strong teams in the 8 and no easy wins, unlike some years.
yeah, its a damn good effort. will be one of the great flag wins for sure

Me neither, screw the Bulldogs fairytale, we didn't get any fairytale finishes in 2009 and 2010 so why should they?

Apart from that I quite like the Swans and have barracked for them in every GF they've played in since 1996.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back