Mega Thread Things that s**t me the Thirteenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It s**ts me when I see updates on Carlton's socials that are not immediately obvious that they are about the womens team.
Yeah same here. Email will be 'major injury news' and turns out is an aflw player I've never heard of and not interested in. Gets really bad feb-april

Should have their own media or be able to choose not to receive aflw information.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Why do films disappear off netflix after only being there for a couple of months? ******* annoying when you see something in the 'recently added' list, add it, go back a few weeks later to give it a watch and it's gone.

Why do films disappear off netflix after only being there for a couple of months? ******* annoying when you see something in the 'recently added' list, add it, go back a few weeks later to give it a watch and it's gone.

Amazon Prime >>>>> Netflix

Netflix only pay the rights for two months?

Not really. It's either clickbait or it pops up on your feed.

The fact that they have to thrust it upon you against your will says it all really.

They aren’t putting a gun to your head telling you to read it.

I don’t follow Aflw either and I’ve also been mislead like this, I just close the page and move on.

Anyway, this is a things that s**t me thread...

Things that s**t me: Coffee places that don’t close the bloody lid properly :mad:

People who are lucky enough to have an aflw team that do nothing but sook and whinge about it.

Cheap peanut butter. Ran out of the usual, nothing on special, ooh look Community peanut butter. Dry, pasty and tasteless, I guess I'm used to the amount of salt in the local Kraft/Bega/Skippy product. Local? Yes, just checked the fine print, made in India.
Had similar experience recently. I always try to get the lowest sugar choice. Did this with peanut butter recently and it turned out to be a 60/40 mix of oil and sawdust.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People who are lucky enough to have an aflw team that do nothing but sook and whinge about it.

It's good there's a women's league but it's a crappy standard and the games aren't even full length. You can watch on my behalf when Essendon get a team.

It's good there's a women's league but it's a crappy standard and the games aren't even full length. You can watch on my behalf when Essendon get a team.

Agreed, but it’s still very new and it’ll take a while for it to be up to a decent standard.

Not really. It's either clickbait or it pops up on your feed.
The fact that they have to thrust it upon you against your will says it all really.

Lol! I'd literally just read this and popped open a new tab to check something on the Tour de France website, and for the first time ever it redirected to a landing page asking me if I wanted Le Tour or La Course (the women's event).

Stunning coincidence or scarily efficient tracking software.

I don't know why the games aren't played as a curtainraiser during the main season. It would get around the farcical season length, expose a lot more fans to it, and improve match fitness and skill level no end.

I don't know why the games aren't played as a curtainraiser during the main season. It would get around the farcical season length, expose a lot more fans to it, and improve match fitness and skill level no end.

Because the afl would then have to give clubs more money to pay the girls as it would then be a full time job for them rather than just their annual leave

As soon as women's sports was mentioned I just knew you would be complaining about something hehe.

Liberal voters amirite...

I don't know why they can't just do it like they do with the tennis. Fed Cup, Davis Cup, Hopman Cup. Different things. They don't advertise the Australian Open with 'World #1 vs #2 showdown on centre court' to trick people into watching Barty vs Osaka, they advertise matches for what they are whether singles or doubles, men's, women's or mixed.

I actually think it's kind of patronising to 'hide' promos of women's sport among the men's stuff. AFLW, WBBL etc. are doing their own thing, let them do their own thing.

Liberal voters amirite...

I don't know why they can't just do it like they do with the tennis. Fed Cup, Davis Cup, Hopman Cup. Different things. They don't advertise the Australian Open with 'World #1 vs #2 showdown on centre court' to trick people into watching Barty vs Osaka, they advertise matches for what they are whether singles or doubles, men's, women's or mixed.

I actually think it's kind of patronising to 'hide' promos of women's sport among the men's stuff. AFLW, WBBL etc. are doing their own thing, let them do their own thing.

Womens tennis can stand on it's own two feet though, for as long as I can remember it's been almost on a par with mens tennis with as many big name stars which can attract crowds on their own merit.

When it comes to womens cricket or AFLW most people would struggle to name more than two or three players and they still struggle to attract crowds even when entry is free or heavily discounted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back