Things that sh*t me the fifteenth part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread has been rolled over to Part 16 here

The traffic reports sh*t me too. "Hey guys, the freeway that is a car park every day...Guess what? Its a carpark again today!" No sh*t.
more like welcome to the big mac traffic report brought to you by mcdonalds big mac, blah blah blah special sauce blah blah blah westgate bridge blah blah blah buy a big mac

Streaming Services interfaces, all of them! Why can't i delete shows i am no longer watching from my watch list. I dont want to see a show after i hated it after 5 mins, dont remind me that i watched it ffs
Binge is the worst. I basically went through every show to the last seconds of the last episode of every series i didnt want to watch anymore and got rid of them that way. But half of them still stayed in my watch list with about 5 seconds to play but if i go to the end it plays some random other show I dont want to watch and if it shows 1 second of it it goes straight to the watch list and stays there.
Anyway after i tried to clean it up, about a month later all the ones i got rid of came back and now i have a watch list of 20 or so. Its a nightmare!

Black Friday sales.
WTF ?
It's not the 13th today.
If we're going to copy American rubbish like this then let's start having a public holiday on Thanksgiving too.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think (and I’m not the authority on the subject by any means) thanksgiving is the pilgrims landing date in the US (or the day the broke bread with the indigenous inhabitants) so it’s essentially like our Australia Day.

Black Friday has like 5 different iterations but it’s just a day retailers have chosen to have sales.

I don’t like Halloween and our continued Americanization but I don’t think Black Friday sales is an example of that personally.

Black Friday is the start of the Christmas shopping season in the US

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Also a day a bunch of international retailers have chosen to have a sale.

It has roots in like 4 different versions of etymology only one of which has anything to do with retail (stock market crash) but my point is it’s just an arbitrary day, I’d wager most people buying from online stores don’t even know it’s an American thing.

Good article in the age today from a freelancer on why he detests the appropriation of Black Friday by an American marketing strategy when it's true Australian meaning was to memorialise a devastating bushfire in 1939.

Good article in the age today from a freelancer on why he detests the appropriation of Black Friday by an American marketing strategy when it's true Australian meaning was to memorialise a devastating bushfire in 1939.
The Wall Street version of Black Friday pre dates this. As does the plantation version. The Philly cops version is post.

To me it seems like Boxing Day where there’s a bunch of versions of of history because it’s ultimately not really a thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I the only one who cgaf about sales?

Its not like im some high roller shopping at Collins st or anything, but, idk I just think as long as you dont go overboard you can find reasonably priced stuff all year round.

(DFOs have possibly helped this too)

Black Friday sales.
WTF ?
It's not the 13th today.
If we're going to copy American rubbish like this then let's start having a public holiday on Thanksgiving too.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
We only get Public Holidays here if there is sport. There is no big sporting event this week for a Public Holiday

I think (and I’m not the authority on the subject by any means) thanksgiving is the pilgrims landing date in the US (or the day the broke bread with the indigenous inhabitants) so it’s essentially like our Australia Day.

Black Friday has like 5 different iterations but it’s just a day retailers have chosen to have sales.

I don’t like Halloween and our continued Americanization but I don’t think Black Friday sales is an example of that personally.
give me halloween, a pagan holiday over black friday a capitalist FOMO sale any day of the week

give me halloween, a pagan holiday over black friday a capitalist FOMO sale any day of the week
My aversion to Halloween is likely more personal, my little one is 4 and 1/2 months, i dont want anyone ringing out doorbell while he might be napping for 2-3 years at least.

Ultimately im fine for either really, im just saying i dont think Black Friday is really an americanization.

My aversion to Halloween is likely more personal, my little one is 4 and 1/2 months, i dont want anyone ringing out doorbell while he might be napping for 2-3 years at least.

Ultimately im fine for either really, im just saying i dont think Black Friday is really an americanization.
only in that the poster child for unfettered capitalism is the States

I find that if you dont put halloween decorations out you dont get door knockers, seems to be a mostly agreed upon rule

If I needed a new tablet or something like that I'd definitely take advantage but my discretionary spending is mainly on pre War Wisdens which don't tend to feature in sales like this.

only in that the poster child for unfettered capitalism is the States

I find that if you dont put halloween decorations out you dont get door knockers, seems to be a mostly agreed upon rule
Yeh, we stockpiled a shitload of freddo frogs and caramello koalas in anticipation but got no door knockers.

Local residents group on facebook indicated that decorations and someone put a map together for the kids.

Am I the only one who cgaf about sales?

Its not like im some high roller shopping at Collins st or anything, but, idk I just think as long as you dont go overboard you can find reasonably priced stuff all year round.

(DFOs have possibly helped this too)

Yeah dont really see the issue - go and get cheap goods if you want and dont if you dont want to.

haha but for halloween go and spend money on costumes, lollies, pumpkins etc......no-one is making money from it..... :rolleyes:
never said people don't make money from halloween but the origins of halloween aren't in any way the same as black friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back