Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

"Just" that... Yeh mate, of course i would.

We knuckled down and made it work for 3 years of covid to ensure things didnt grind to a halt, proved that not only could it work but it can actually be more efficient and effective and now because "reasons" they want us back 5 days a week we should just do it?

Frankly its ******* bullshit and i know that many if not most employers in my industry would GLADLY have me working however i like.

To be completely clear here i dont want to be full time at home, a few days in the office is my ideal and if others want to be full time in the office then i support them but to mandate it after its been proven effective for employer and employee is complete bullshit.

Add in that my senior leaders barely show up 1-2 days a week right now when they are meant to why would i do as they say.

Ideology isnt just religious though. The Bondi Junction bloke was CLEARLY on some MRA, Incel bullshit, which is absolutely ideological.

Not calling it terrorism makes absolutely no sense unless you look at the skin color.

Well that's why you wont need to worry about it if you're happy enough to change roles, all good.

I'm in IT and it has generally had a WFH culture for many years anyway, if my boss calls he never asks where I am basically.

What are the differences? Both crimes were targeted attacks motivated by a hatred of another as far as I can see.
1. Person in the grip of mental illness, schizophrenia, targets random women - he can’t get a girlfriend, according to his father. Or a baby presumably.

2. Religious extremist enters church specifically to attack a prominent and popular cleric.

No, you’re right, no difference 🙄

1. Person in the grip of mental illness, schizophrenia, targets random women - he can’t get a girlfriend, according to his father. Or a baby presumably.

2. Religious extremist enters church specifically to attack a prominent and popular cleric.

Both idealogicially motivated though aren’t they.

Also we’ve got no idea if he was having a mental health episode. The fact that he could target specific people would indicate he was very aware and very deliberate in his actions.

Both horrible, both idealogical.

Well that's why you wont need to worry about it if you're happy enough to change roles, all good.

I'm in IT and it has generally had a WFH culture for many years anyway, if my boss calls he never asks where I am basically.
The point is we shouldnt have to change jobs.

Its antiquated and prescriptive authoritarian bullshit management philosophies that need to change, not the adress you work from.

The point is we shouldnt have to change jobs.

Its antiquated and prescriptive authoritarian bullshit management philosophies that need to change, not the adress you work from.
Inept management, nothing more.

If enough people leave and cite 'work flexibility' as the main reason for leaving maybe companies will get the hint.

Another thing in this flexibility/inept management sphere is arbitrary finish times. I'm in a consultancy role, very much back office though with rare meetings. There are days where I am completely finished and waiting on others to do their part. Why on earth can someone in that situation not just knock off. It costs the company nothing (I'm on salary, no bonuses) yet you could make someone happier. If it's busy I'm expected to continue working after 'finish time' yet unless approved (and it rarely is) you can't just go when you're finished

I theorize, if people go when they were finished (and provided they aren't in a cutomer facing role) they'd soon find those people have more capacity. If you ask staff if they have capacity for more work now, most people say no. If they could leave sooner, they'd work quicker, outing themselves as having that capacity. But also, if they have truly finished work for the day, who GAF if they're in. Give them time away, who's it hurting? Very little downside to this but not something that I can see ever rolled out.

In this scenario, if someone continued to leave early when work isn't finished, you'd performance manage like anyone else not completing their duties...

It’s interesting that to justify one we bring in MH

But for the other it’s about religious extremism - whose to say that (2) isn’t also MH issues

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about the hundreds of Christian rioters throwing bricks at cops outside the church.

Is that not terrorism?

Pretty strong argument that no one of sound mind goes around stabbing people

Agreed

And yet here we are

One is a Terrorist because it’s a priest and the attacker is apparently a Muslim religious extremist - imagine if they are also schizophrenic

Extremism is a mental condition - reason is twisted. There's a lot of them, though :huh:

I’m well aware

Just the Muslim labelled the terrorist rather than mentally unwell though isn’t it

The white Australian gets a pass because he’s schizophrenic

Agreed

And yet here we are

One is a Terrorist because it’s a priest and the attacker is apparently a Muslim religious extremist - imagine if they are also schizophrenic
It was apparently motivated by religious differences. As yet no parents or clinicians have come forward to explain that their child is mentally ill/schizophrenic. But let's wait and see.

There is a common denominator though - both fascinated by knives. TG they couldn't get guns.

It was apparently motivated by religious differences. As yet no parents or clinicians have come forward to explain that their child is mentally ill/schizophrenic. But let's wait and see.

There is a common denominator though - both fascinated by knives. TG they couldn't get guns.
Can't help but laugh at the yanks all saying we need them for situations like these

Yes, because those nutters with easy access to guns wouldn't have been worse. Is there a dumber, or more arrogant country on earth?

Government going to tax entire industry dead too. Pubs here are absolute ghost towns compared to coming out of covid let alone pre covid but who wants to spend $13+ a pint? Half the cost is ridiculous excise taxes so could be eased but no, better everything shut or be dead.

Petrol the same, half of that is tax just about.

Don't get me started on the supermarkets where every 2nd week everything sneaks up by $0.20 randomly. Don't worry though, our brilliantly competent government are on it.

Needs to be oversight on price gouging everywhere.

In the end, everyone is just ripping one another off which drives prices up. A sparkie robs next customer to cover some ludicrous cost/tax/fee they paid. Customer is a dentist so robs their next to cover the sparkie. That patient is a physio, same again. Circle continues while everyone just rips everyone else off knowing they're getting ripped off...

I haven't checked the price of alcoholic drinks in ages however last week was just buying a couple of items from an IGA which had the booze stationed next to the checkout. a four pack of pre mixed (though high % alcohol) vodka cans was $42, $42 for four cans which were less then 375 mil!! That's ******* obscene.

I will happily admit that alcohol prices are a joke in Oz. They don't deter or solve any issues booze causes either. Its a pure tax grab.

I can't image what a night out bender costs these days, must be north of $300 if your out to get rinsed with mates (which again I've got no issue with, people need that outlet).

Both idealogicially motivated though aren’t they.

Also we’ve got no idea if he was having a mental health episode. The fact that he could target specific people would indicate he was very aware and very deliberate in his actions.

Both horrible, both idealogical.

Going by the book definition, terrorism is the use of violence and intimidation against civilians in the pursuit of a political agenda either secular or religious.

Both of them in my opinion were driven/caused by mental illness. The church stabbing was a 15 yr old, while he might think he aspires to some wacked fundamentalist Islamic ideal I highly doubt he has the cognisance to realise his actions wont achieve s**t for any religious political aim (i.e. he doesn't realise what he is doing nor the outcome, he's too young). I don't know much about the Bondi nutcase however he appeared to target women, again doesn't appear political rather misogyny.

What about the hundreds of Christian rioters throwing bricks at cops outside the church.

Is that not terrorism?
There's going to be a level of scrutiny applied to this church now that a Trump supporting, conspiracy spouting Bishop and his adherents might not be too welcoming of.

Going by the book definition, terrorism is the use of violence and intimidation against civilians in the pursuit of a political agenda either secular or religious.

Both of them in my opinion were driven/caused by mental illness. The church stabbing was a 15 yr old, while he might think he aspires to some wacked fundamentalist Islamic ideal I highly doubt he has the cognisance to realise his actions wont achieve s**t for any religious political aim (i.e. he doesn't realise what he is doing nor the outcome, he's too young). I don't know much about the Bondi nutcase however he appeared to target women, again doesn't appear political rather misogyny.
Look up the incel movement and MRA.

Both fit that definition to a tee.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back