Mega Thread Things that s**t me part XI - The Eleventh One!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife and my family just hating each other at the moment. Being stuck in the middle sucks.

Oh nos.

My mum and dad aren't speaking to one of my aunty's. Mum tried to bring it up with me a few weeks back when I saw her last- I 100% changed the subject. Couldn't be less interested, has nothing to do with me. And I caught up with my aunty last weekend, we're all good. :thumbsu:

Isn't there the comfort of large bodies of water between the two of them?

Haha. That kinda helps. Always been a bit of tension I guess. My wife is hot-headed and will speak her mind. Parents misinterpret things. Probably not happy I moved away.

I guess most in-laws don't like each other. I love both. Just want to go along and do well in life, raise my boys the best I can etc. Hate drama like this.

My gf's grandmother died and her son didn't even go to the funeral, like zero f*cks. Never understood family dramas.

Wife and my family just hating each other at the moment. Being stuck in the middle sucks.
my ex and me hated our respective inlaws. I could never figure out why she hated mine. I hated hers because my ex MIL just wouldn't leave us the * alone

How'd you handle that? Was there much fallout between you and your parents? Did you try and fix it or just let it be?
badly.. it often caused angst, not only between me and her, but me and my folks too

when my first kid was born, my parents stayed away as much as they could because they didn't want to piss her off

I could never figure out how to fix it, much like most of my marriage, I just gave up because it wasn't worth the argument with her

How'd you handle that? Was there much fallout between you and your parents? Did you try and fix it or just let it be?

It's awful being caught in the middle but I ended up reminding my husband that he was married to me but if he wanted to he was more than welcome to move back in with his mother. I'm different, different cultures, different views but they were all there before we married so it wasn't as though I changed - I was doing it my way in a manner that worked best for my family, not her.

Just need to tread carefully Catfish as the last person you want offside is your partner

Another day another payroll * up where I am underpaid. All dandy I will raise it and do the leg work to claim back.

But seriously in all my years working I have not had a single job where there has not been some form of * up. This happens far too often for me to believe there is simply a glitch in the system or there is some honest mistake.

I am growing tired of this s**t.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's awful being caught in the middle but I ended up reminding my husband that he was married to me but if he wanted to he was more than welcome to move back in with his mother. I'm different, different cultures, different views but they were all there before we married so it wasn't as though I changed - I was doing it my way in a manner that worked best for my family, not her.

Just need to tread carefully Catfish as the last person you want offside is your partner

Standard practice.

I'll reason with anyone but after a while you realise most people are completely unreasonable.

For that reason i'm glad I'm not married and don't have to deal with in-laws (while conceding my side of in-laws would be a pain in the arse to deal with).

Guess I'll just have to go on holidays in the new year and work out if I can summon the balls to go sky diving. (And work out a way to afford decent accom).

I've done 14,000ft at Byron Bay. When I was in Switzerland, booked a jump for 11,000ft (i think) out of a helicopter.

I've never been more pissed off- cancelled due to really bad weather.

I might do bungy jumping then.

Last time I went o/seas I went 5/5 nights out so is always that.

I am older now thou and would rather challenge myself. (Plus am ugly and my luck won't hold forever/my youth is hanging not by a thread but a very thin wire). Also if I tried to climb a mountain i would be discovered frozen 70 years later, so will stick with a good time.

When you go out to dinner and a few people forget to get cash out and they all want to put it on their card. Last time the money was out , a couple of people left early , then money was going back and forth , no one knows how we were short.

Going out shortly to dinner with 11 others l Will report back on how many people forget to get cash out....

I might do bungy jumping then.

Last time I went o/seas I went 5/5 nights out so is always that.

I am older now thou and would rather challenge myself. (Plus am ugly and my luck won't hold forever/my youth is hanging not by a thread but a very thin wire). Also if I tried to climb a mountain i would be discovered frozen 70 years later, so will stick with a good time.

Stuff bungy jumping, do the skydive!! Where abouts are you going?

Haha. That kinda helps. Always been a bit of tension I guess. My wife is hot-headed and will speak her mind. Parents misinterpret things. Probably not happy I moved away.

I guess most in-laws don't like each other. I love both. Just want to go along and do well in life, raise my boys the best I can etc. Hate drama like this.

the mafia has a simpler approach. right now your wife would be at the bottom of a river 50km away from your house and your mother would be cooking you lobster ravioli.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back