Society & Culture Things you do/did that you probably think no one else does

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not clever, creative nor witty. It's immature and probably has you on the autism spectrum, which is why I'd suggest seeing someone.

I'll be right if I were on this spectrum... its a bit weird that I am super intelligent (and not in the Forrest Gump way).

In person the worst I have ever been called is eccentric and not with a "*******" or * context. Seems those words are censored how about "special needs" instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When playing basketball in the backyard as a kid I created an imaginary league in my mind, complete with original team names and player personalities that were better/worse than others.

I would play out games myself acting as if there were defenders, and passing against the walls would enable me to change into a different offensive player. I would even dribble/shoot left handed for players who I had assigned to be left handed. I hope there were no neighbours watching because it would've looked pretty stupid when I would block myself every now and then.

When I couldn't be stuffed playing out a game or maybe wanted to speed up the season I would act out the highlights of games with ESPN style commentary (summing up stats, showing clutch plays down the stretch).

If I didn't play for a while, the next time I was out there I would imagine that there'd been an off-season, with some trades and even a draft, which pretty much just meant giving the shitter teams a decent youngster to play with. Players also aged, got injured, fell out of favour with coaches etc....

.....Surely someone else did this kind of thing?????

Well I did something similar with footy when I was around the 10-12 year old age mark. We had some old rusty poles in the ground in the back paddock on our farm in which i pretended was "Greenfield Park stadium". I would throw the ball high in the air and pretend to take hangers on imaginary people. I would often pretend it was 30 seconds to go and 5 points down in a grand final for my imaginary team "The Knights" in which I drew up a jumper design and everything for. Mum almost killed me when she realised that I drew all over my best white shirt with texta. I even made a website and player profiles for my other imaginary team mates in Microsoft Paint with the same theme as the other clubs websites. Made a logo and all.

Jeez I was a special kid...

Well I did something similar with footy when I was around the 10-12 year old age mark. We had some old rusty poles in the ground in the back paddock on our farm in which i pretended was "Greenfield Park stadium". I would throw the ball high in the air and pretend to take hangers on imaginary people. I would often pretend it was 30 seconds to go and 5 points down in a grand final for my imaginary team "The Knights" in which I drew up a jumper design and everything for. Mum almost killed me when she realised that I drew all over my best white shirt with texta. I even made a website and player profiles for my other imaginary team mates in Microsoft Paint with the same theme as the other clubs websites. Made a logo and all.

Did you win the Grand Final though?

May sound crazy but letting your footy imagination run wild as a kid is awesome.

I made my own league and all myself as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back