Throwing over opposition players

Remove this Banner Ad

I was more combining them.
And explicitly ignoring half to mock him?...rrrrriiiiigggghhhhhhttttt

You would play a good supporting role in the little mermaid.

Either way, umpire didn’t pay a throw. AFL have confirmed correct call. Factually it’s not a throw.

And explicitly ignoring half to mock him?...rrrrriiiiigggghhhhhhttttt

You would play a good supporting role in the little mermaid.

Either way, umpire didn’t pay a throw. AFL have confirmed correct call. Factually it’s not a throw.
Wow this really upset you. You poor thing. I know you don't understand but I'm ok with that. And it's ok. I forgive you for being a condescending cun+ on the internet.

Wow this really upset you. You poor thing. I know you don't understand but I'm ok with that. And it's ok. I forgive you for being a condescending cun+ on the internet.
Yes. You’ve sure showed how what you’re saying is accurate ;)

Must have really gotten to you kid, you even tried to avoid the swear filter. Ahhhh to be young dumb and whinging about a goal that was kicked against my team.

If you meant handball in the air, run around the post and catch it instead of just kick it, I apologise.

But why would you? He'd only replace the throw with a handball and kick that out of the air. Seems more legal than throw it.

And you think it's ok to throw it to yourself without it being a throw. The tackling doesn't matter. He wasn't tackled. If it's legal to throw the ball in the air and catch it without being tackled I'll go hee. Whether over a player or to keep it in play.
It is. You're he.

I remember Betts doing a similar thing once near the goal post, didn't volley the ball after but as he ran behind the post he threw it up in the field of play and re-caught it on the other side - reckon it was the behind post though

Don't think he ended up scoring the goal as it got smothered or he was tackled/bumped off the ball, but it was rather similar

No I also responded to the post where he says you can throw it in the air to yourself and it's a legal disposal. And I assumed he meant replace the throw with a handball and not literally handball to himself.

And that is my contention; that as soon as the ball was scooped up it was a throw.
No, I never said it's a legal disposal. It's not a disposal at all, you're deemed to be in possession the whole time even while the ball's in the air. Seriously, learn to read and comprehend.

I'll have to keep an eye out for it. Future attempts at such throws will be interesting.
You won't see it except in extraordinary circumstances, eg Higgin's goal, because you'd cop a hiding from the coach if you didn't catch it.

Surely Darcy Moore has to go harder than he did to smother that? Guessing he figured it would be called a throw. Coulda, woulda, shoulda. It's a goal - that's what Sunday's paper said.

A cheetah off the bench would have an impact.

Would need to bring back the sub rule for that.

No, I never said it's a legal disposal. It's not a disposal at all, you're deemed to be in possession the whole time even while the ball's in the air. Seriously, learn to read and comprehend.
Correct. I meant legal action. I don't think it's legal at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah there’s obviously not many situations where it applies, and granted it was very smart by higgins, I’d just always played footy considering that a throw. But by definition of the law I suppose there’s nothing wrong with it, and that doesn’t sit too well with me
Just wanted to say credit to you for having the guts to own up to a misinterpretation of the rules. We all believe things wrongly at one point or other, but not everyone can change their opinion based on listening to sound argument. You (and others) probably still think this SHOULDN'T be allowed, but accept that under the current rules it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back