News Ticketing Info Rd 14 Sydney, Ticket Allocation Tuesday 25th August

Remove this Banner Ad

you can only shake your head.

This facebook granny reckons that black diamonds and Club 1870s should stand down for a game so some P3s can go to a game..lol

Yeah ok. Pay $700+ for a membership and then pledging 100% and you should just step down because a 3 gamer or a silver member who took 50% of their money back wants to go to the footy

Want a better chance? fork out the moula and get a better membership and pledge all of it like the rest of us are doing. If not.. suck it up

Welcome to the facebook world.

Is it possible to upgrade your membership during the season (e.g. Gold to Platinum)?
Usually yes, but who knows this year.

Is it possible to upgrade your membership during the season (e.g. Gold to Platinum)?

If it means more money for the club, I doubt they'd say no.

No - a call to the membership dept advised me that the club can’t take any extra money to upgrade ( eg gold to platinum) because they would be taking your money on false pretences - the club being unable to provide you with the extra benefits that comes with platinum. For 2020 I went down from platinum to gold and when a few weeks ago I enquired about the possibility of 2020 GF tickets, realising that having gold would never get me a seat, the young gentleman advised me that the membership books had been closed. Well that’s what he told me.

Last edited:
No - a call to the membership dept advised me that the club can’t take any extra money to upgrade ( eg gold to platinum) because they would be taking your money on false pretences - the club being unable to provide you with the extra benefits that comes with platinum. For 2020 I went down from platinum to gold and when a few weeks ago I enquired about the possibility of 2020 GF tickets, realising that having gold would never get me a seat, the young gentleman advised me that the membership books had been closed. Well that’s what he told me.
They are closed for AFL audit process in prior years at 31st July or 1st August and this year would be the same, but they have taken $$$ for upgrades in the past, as people have wanted to get GF priorities.

That answer re false pretences sounds like the sort of thing the AFL legal department would issue. Club's are always looking for ways to get around legalities and make extra $$$ so they probably wont bend on this one given legal aspects around not getting benefits and membership refunds/pledge period for all clubs have closed.

They do limit the numbers of Platinum though from memory as it comes with the GF guarantee.
17,000 tickets for each of the 2 GF teams are now guaranteed for a normal GF and has been so since the 2 expansion teams came in.

The AFL used to give the 16 clubs 1,000 tickets each to do as they pleased, but that has been cut back to a minimum of 250 and clubs can ask for more up to a max of 800 I think, but there was some $$$ trade off for this and most clubs take between 250 and 400.

In prior years each club site in July would put on their website how many GF tickets they took up and how they allocated them across categories ie players, staff, club prizes, coterie groups, sponsors etc

In 2015 the ball park figure for was 300 Club 1870 members, 1,200-1,500 Black Diamond members, 7,000 platinum members and 6,000 Essential Power members and all these categories got GF guarantees. Haven't followed it since then as we haven't looked like making a GF and friends and family were in the above categories.

Better hope the GF isn't at Optus, the GF ticket guarantee won't count for much when you're not permitted to enter the Democratic People's Republic of Western Australia.

Feel like the only guarantee for this year is there is no guarantee.

Due to some one pulling out and swapping of tickets I have ended up with 2 free tickets in the western stand NW flank, Aisle 303 row V so 3/4 of the way back.

Send me a PM if you want to take them off my hand. I will be watching my screen up to about 11.45 then heading off to the game so wont be back online to about 12.15.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have 4 tickets for todays game if anyone is interested. Western Stand Section 314 Row R.

No charge - PM if you're interested

Remove this Banner Ad

Back