Rumour Tigers accused of groping teammate

Remove this Banner Ad

Last thing I want to say on the topic - the problem with the behaviour exists regardless of Chol's take on it. I have a problem with the Port players in round 5 "sack tapping" as a Power supporter too.

All the "Mabior said it was OK in an official statement" warriors are (dare I say intentionally) missing the point.

How is it contradictory? There are plenty of things that people both accept and consent to, but that they don't like.
Big lol here. Mate, almost everything you say you directly contradict in the same paragraph.

The best one is 95% think one thing, followed by a large percentage think a different way. But you've also got others like "it serves a purpose" and then "generally doesn't cause any harm"! Which is it? It serves a purpose, or is harmful? Or is poking a bloke in the anus somehow both culturally building and harmful?

And is the fact that it's "a long running cultural thing" relevant in any way? Does it mean it's more culture building? Less harmful?

bum taps, squeezes and utensil taps etc are kind of common place in some environments. You’ll find it goes on most weeks - the bum taps anyway.

Are you out of your mind?!? Did a priest brainwashed you into thinking that this is the norm when you were a kid??

Whatever you and your boyfriends do in your private leisure time is not my business, but just because you enjoyed it doesn't mean the rest of us aren't are weirdos.

Are you out of your mind?!? Did a priest brainwashed you into thinking that this is the norm when you were a kid??

Whatever you and your boyfriends do in your private leisure time is not my business, but just because you enjoyed it doesn't mean the rest of us aren't are weirdos.
It's deffo weird hearing all these 20-40 year old blokes defending some of this behaviour as essential mateship or cultural or bonding activity. I feel really out of my depth and I'm a 30 something year old white hetero bloke and a footy fan!

Big lol here. Mate, almost everything you say you directly contradict in the same paragraph.

The best one is 95% think one thing, followed by a large percentage think a different way. But you've also got others like "it serves a purpose" and then "generally doesn't cause any harm"! Which is it? It serves a purpose, or is harmful? Or is poking a bloke in the anus somehow both culturally building and harmful?

Accepting and consenting to something =/= enjoying it. People put up with things they don't particularly like all the time.

Male bonding rituals do server a purpose, and generally they don't cause harm. Do you know what generally means? It means usually. It doesn't mean always. Different folks will have different perspectives on the same action, some will see it all as 'fun with the lads', some as stupid but they'll put up with it, and some will simply not like it one bloody bit. The finger up the bunhghole is probably a good example of some individuals taking affectionate physicality too far, but it is still (unless there is some real sinister s**t happening down at tigerland, which I doubt) an attempt at bonding.It's a far distance down the scale of general acceptance (and tastefullness) when compared to other types of bonding acts like simple bum pats and hugs on the field after a goal.

Being from a different cultural background I hate any utensil taps/gropes etc. Guys learn it quick you're not down with it and so generally don't do it.
But as much as I hate it personally, to think this is some rare occurrence is a bit naive. It's been part of male sports culture across multiple counties for a long time. (Watch. Reality TV show The Ultimate Fighter if you need an example).

I can take the butt taps, that's fine (have even administered a butt tap or 2 myself).
However a butt tap is a lot different than someone trying to stick their finger up it.

Also, as much as I hate it (like Mabior) I would probably hate the media making me out to be a rape victim and making a big deal out of it even moreso.

There's absolutely nothing normal about your teammate grabbing your junk. fu** knows what sort of blokes you used to play footy with.

Totally agree. Any team mate did that to me would have ended up supine on the floor. A similar thing for me, a team mate thought it was funny to blow smoke in my face because I was a non-smoker. I told him to stop, he didn't, he never blew smoke in my face after I decked him. Chol clearly wasn't happy with it but didn't complain because he's trying to be one of the boys. Possibly a little like Harry O not complaining about being called "chimp" when he was playing and trying to fit in.

Personally, I’m looking forward to reading Caro’s outrage this weekend with another hard hitting article about the Crows pre-season camp
Funnily enough I think the Crows haven't been talked about enough, including the camp. Nothing to do with me being a Power supporter, maybe because I'm a South Australian though. I actually don't hate the Crows as a club and think their culture and multiple missteps since 2017 need to be looked at for the clubs future success.

List management in particular needs a look.

However, I will imagine Caro will be talking about her Tigers for obvious reasons! She does still have the camp as her intro graphic on Footy Classified though.

Being from a different cultural background I hate any utensil taps/gropes etc. Guys learn it quick you're not down with it and so generally don't do it.
But as much as I hate it personally, to think this is some rare occurrence is a bit naive. It's been part of male sports culture across multiple counties for a long time. (Watch. Reality TV show The Ultimate Fighter if you need an example).

I can take the butt taps, that's fine (have even administered a butt tap or 2 myself).
However a butt tap is a lot different than someone trying to stick their finger up it.

Also, as much as I hate it (like Mabior) I would probably hate the media making me out to be a rape victim and making a big deal out of it even moreso.
I'm white AF and would hate all of the above as well, the anal insertion and the bullshot media tactics by Riminton. I too have patted a male teammate in multiple sports and received back. The utensil and anus stuff is a bit different though.

I dont think it's rare, but I also disagree it's part of male sports culture, at least in some kind of necessary way. If someone has to stick your digit up another blokes winker to trust him on the field, that says more about him than about the bloke in my book

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This should be left too Chol too call this sexual assault, since when do people get too advocate what is sexual assault for another adult anyway?

Exactly. What Chol thinks is 100% the only context that matters. Whether or not people on here think its weird, wrong, juvenile etc etc is irrelevant. If Chol was uncomfortable in any way then he can say so as a grown man. If on the other hand he and his team mates were playing around having fun then people need to leave it the * alone instead of being so triggered

Totally agree. Any team mate did that to me would have ended up supine on the floor. A similar thing for me, a team mate thought it was funny to blow smoke in my face because I was a non-smoker. I told him to stop, he didn't, he never blew smoke in my face after I decked him. Chol clearly wasn't happy with it but didn't complain because he's trying to be one of the boys. Possibly a little like Harry O not complaining about being called "chimp" when he was playing and trying to fit in.

Does Richmond extend his contract to avoid the Twitter campaign against Hardwick ?

Last thing I want to say on the topic - the problem with the behaviour exists regardless of Chol's take on it. I have a problem with the Port players in round 5 "sack tapping" as a Power supporter too.

All the "Mabior said it was OK in an official statement" warriors are (dare I say intentionally) missing the point.

The point being.. what? That you or anyone else gets to decide what other people have to accept is "proper" conduct? Some other adults do things you think is weird or improper, but if its not illegal and no one involved is harmed, then why is it your problem

I had a workmate do this to me all the time. I genuinely found it funny and enjoyed the mucking around. In fact I sent him the link today with a “lol this was you and me”. It’s such a weird thing to do but I honestly believe it’s a bizarre sign of affection. I’m sure it has some evolutionary function. fu**s me what that function is though. Maybe it is two heterosexual men who want to say “I love you mate” but have no idea how to express themselves.

If you’re feeling outraged over this, please don’t. You’re not quite getting it and intellectualising something that is simply not there.

You know what perfectly highlights why this site has the reputation it has ? this thread has more posts and outrage then the Degoey actual sexual assault allegation thread. Crazy stuff

The amount of people rushing to be offended on behalf of Chol is just a bit ridiculous. Holding the club line or not, the dude has said it is no problem.

That said, this sort of behaviour happens everywhere in team sports or schools. I always thought that people who did this sort of thing were a bit weird but I don’t know. Hopefully this media attention leads to this stuff being stamped out a bit because at the very least it’s weird and a invasion of personal space.

The point being.. what? That you or anyone else gets to decide what other people have to accept is "proper" conduct? Some other adults do things you think is weird or improper, but if its not illegal and no one involved is harmed, then why is it your problem
Yeah man, as an adult AFL fan, I don't get to decide. I can sure as hell speak my mind if I think it's crazy, weird, unprofessional, or anything else though.. Why is it your problem that I have an opinion on the matter?

And what's with the comparison to other things adults do? There's a bit of a difference if Vlaustain pokes his missus in the anus privately, versus him doing it to a teammate on national telly! I don't have a problem with anything non harmful or illegal people *privately* do.

I would imagine what was done is pretty likely to be illegal though, or short of that, against AFL or club policy. How come the players had to issue a public apology if it was so normal and above board? The club had to assure that it wouldn't happen again! No doubt you'll think it's PC culture or some rubbish excuse.

If an AFL player does something weird that most people would take umbrage with, on national TV to boot, I think we're all entitled to have a say as footy fans.

Matty Lloyd has already said he felt uncomfortable watching- is he entitled to share his opinion?

If Chol is ok with it then i don't see it as a problem different story if it was a female tho
WTF? Whether it is a male or female, you do not touch people up where they not expecting it. It just shows the low life values Vlastuin and Short have as people.
Having said that, I'm not surprised. This type of s**t goes on more often because there are low life weirdos like Short and Vlastuin around.

That this s**t goes on, does not make it any way ******* normal. The guys that indulge in this type of stuff as a prank I've always seen as a bit weird.

Choi should have decked one of them or give them a warning it it happens again, I will deck you and I do not care if it on camera.

WTF? Whether it is a male or female, you do not touch people up where they not expecting it. It just shows the low life values Vlastuin and Short have as people.
Having said that, I'm not surprised. This type of sh*t goes on more often because there are low life weirdos like Short and Vlastuin around.

That this sh*t goes on, does not make it any way ******* normal. The guys that indulge in this type of stuff as a prank I've always seen as a bit weird.

Choi should have decked one of them or give them a warning it it happens again, I will deck you and I do not care if it on camera.

So if you encounter low life weirdos violence is the answer?

So if you encounter low life weirdos violence is the answer?
Curious now at to what you would do if a mate or sports teammate stuck his finger up your ass unexpectedly? I wouldn't thank him for his interest in my sphincter and politely decline

Remove this Banner Ad

Back