Scandal Tigers duo in nightclub brawl

Remove this Banner Ad

so you dont understand the real world of policing and the court system then

na, explain it to me, if it was at a nightclub then it’s all on camera, it’s an open shut case if they’re telling the truth, plus shitloads of witness. Now this thug is gonna walk around thinking he can punch people and be above the law

Given everyone is guessing and wildly speculating......maybe the thug they are protecting is another AFL player present...maybe its 'Big Sav'.
Jeez its easy to make things up.
What a waste of time, and before anyone pot/kettle/black....I'm on my lunch break and bored

Rioli's girlfriend is related to Narkle, doesn't want to press charges to protect his friend.

Why else didn't the Cats blokes step in they were either the aggressors or they are big softies.

Mystery deepens by the hour

Especially because they spoke to the players "at length" about the issue. Surely any footy club with any semblance of professionalism would want to know *how* an injury to their (current) best player/asset happened.

Maybe Bolton just Yadda Yadda Yadda'd it?

Bolton: "We were out celebrating my partner's birthday, Dan's partner had some inappropriate remarks made about her, yadda yadda yadda, I've got a broken wrist"

Ben Gale: "Hrm, sounds reasonable"

You need to work on your reading skills my friend,

she was being sexually assaulted and he got hit

Inappropriate touch isn't always sexual assault. The reports I saw said he put his hand on her waist.

Inappropriate? Sure. Sexual assault? Unlikely.

Saw it mentioned earlier in the thread, but here's the list of indiscretions as listed on Footy Classified the other night. Doesn't include Chopstickgate or the paper spray incident (is it missing others?)

View attachment 1125363
These are the ones that the media catch on to. You can bet your wage that with 44 well paid young men between the ages of 18-35 at every club, there's a lot happening on weekends that isn't identified.

Some people just go out looking for trouble, and I imagine seeing a footy player ups the ante even more.

Years ago I was at a pub in Collingwood for a friend's going overseas leaving do.

I walked past the pool table and some bloke slapped me on the back of the head. So, I turned around and said, "what do you think you're doing?!"

He replied with the classic, "ya wanna take it outside?" I just said, "no just don't hit me on the back of the head."

Two hours later I went to go for a piss, and woke up in a pool of blood with a fractured jaw, and a broken nose. Had a boot print on my face for two weeks. Lucky I didn't get killed.

Cops couldn't do a thing. They said he deserves what's coming but they had no way to find him.

My only consolation was that he might have woken up the next day thinking he killed someone.

So, yeah. Idiots are EVERYWHERE

Yet more evidence that being passive doesn't solve everything. So sorry to hear mate, that sounds so awful, and you didn't even escalate anything - yet you still got violently assaulted. Hope he gets/has already got what's coming to him

Now, now, Richmond players are all angels as shown by the countless incidents where they just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time :(
Until one of our players is responsible for a young womans death from an overdose, I'd ease up on the s**t slinging about wrong place wrong time.

Inappropriate touch isn't always sexual assault. The reports I saw said he put his hand on her waist.

Inappropriate? Sure. Sexual assault? Unlikely.

Really depends on the person being assaulted doesn't ti

Saw it mentioned earlier in the thread, but here's the list of indiscretions as listed on Footy Classified the other night. Doesn't include Chopstickgate or the paper spray incident (is it missing others?)

View attachment 1125363

Lol nightclub brawl.

Why would it include chopsticks which was proven false or Liam Baker being illegally pepper sprayed by some lunatic?

what a beat up though also last I checked Brooke Cotchin isn't a Richmond player

Until one of our players is responsible for a young womans death from an overdose, I'd ease up on the sh*t slinging about wrong place wrong time.

He's already addressed this one, doesn't count because Gaz had retired

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Until one of our players is responsible for a young womans death from an overdose, I'd ease up on the sh*t slinging about wrong place wrong time.

In a discussion about club culture, something that happens 5 years after a player retires doesn't really enter into it.

That it was 20 years ago doesn't help either.

Nice deflection. We're having a discussion about club culture here, sweetheart. It's a long bow to try and connect Ablett's actions 5 years after he retired with the club
I guess 25 year old Geelong premiership player Matthew Stokes being arrested and charged with possession and trafficking cocaine and under a plea deal plead guilty to the possession charge doesn't count either as he didn't have a conviction recorded against him.

Maybe Jesse Stringer counts who was arrested for alleged assault of a woman.

Geelong players Smedts and Caddy breaking into the wrong house when playing a prank on a teammate

Steve Motlop being done for drink driving

Joel Selwood losing his licence for speeding

Feel sorry for those poor Geelong players always finding themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time.

In a discussion about club culture, something that happens 5 years after a player retires doesn't really enter into it.

That it was 20 years ago doesn't help either.

If you want indiscretions whilst still playing

Jack Steven had a run in with a knife
Stokes was trafficking cocaine
and maybe the reason none of the Geelong players stepped up on the weekend is Jesse Stringer who missed games for 'unacceptable behaviour towards women'

It's not just Gaz killing a lady so lets gets down off our high horses.

******* listing defending your GF as a nightclub brawl what a laugh

Really depends on the person being assaulted doesn't ti

Lol nightclub brawl.

Why would it include chopsticks which was proven false or Liam Baker being illegally pepper sprayed by some lunatic?

what a beat up though also last I checked Brooke Cotchin isn't a Richmond player

Weird that Martin would apologise to the woman if it was false 🤷‍♀️

And yeah, I'd expect the wife of a club's captain to be a bit smarter a and for the captain in question to impress upon his partner how important it was they didn't * up the bubble and potentially * up the entire league.

But I suppose that was too much for Captain Hairspray

I guess 25 year old Geelong premiership player Matthew Stokes being arrested and charged with possession and trafficking cocaine and under a plea deal plead guilty to the possession charge doesn't count either as he didn't have a conviction recorded against him.

Maybe Jesse Stringer counts who was arrested for alleged assault of a woman.

Geelong players Smedts and Caddy breaking into the wrong house when playing a prank on a teammate

Steve Motlop being done for drink driving

Joel Selwood losing his licence for speeding

Feel sorry for those poor Geelong players always finding themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time.

We've already spoken about how Geelong dealt with those issues. Publicly and strongly.

Saw it mentioned earlier in the thread, but here's the list of indiscretions as listed on Footy Classified the other night. Doesn't include Chopstickgate or the pepper spray incident (is it missing others?)

View attachment 1125363
Why would they include incidents that were cleared of any wrong doing? :rolleyes:

LOL @ Footy classified including a WAG on their list.

Why would they include incidents that were cleared of any wrong doing? :rolleyes:

LOL @ Footy classified including a WAG on their list.

LOL @ FC including a club leader's wife who almost had the whole season shut down because she thought she was above the rules 🤡🤡🤡🤡

We've already spoken about how Geelong dealt with those issues. Publicly and strongly.

Which of your listed issues did Richmond not handle publicly & strongly?

I mean Jack Steven got stabbed and no one was ever the wiser as to why and the club quietly let it go away

Saw it mentioned earlier in the thread, but here's the list of indiscretions as listed on Footy Classified the other night. Doesn't include Chopstickgate or the pepper spray incident (is it missing others?)

View attachment 1125363

2017 incident wasn't a scandal...it was awesome, almost made the pain of losing go away...almost

Remove this Banner Ad

Back