Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley
If you could have one for you team which would it be? Jokes aside I know West Coast will probably take both, but if you could only have one.

To win an important game I’m taking shuey, over an entire season kelly. Zerrett Not the same level.

Kelly goes missing too often. Has the most X factor but in terms of consistency it’s not even close between him and a guy like Merrett.

Merrett > Kelly > Shuey

There is a massive amount between the first two and Merrett. Not in their league.
I'm generally very realistic about all things Essendon and plenty have said I even have a negative view of the club/list/ability of our players etc. but Zach Merrett is a star and I just won't have it that there's a "massive" gap between them. He hasn't improved at the rate I'd have expected the last 2 years but he's still performing at a really high level. 19 Brownlow votes as a 20 year old in a team that won 2 matches in 2016 followed by averaging 30 touches & 6 tackles in '17, regressed in 2018 - averaging 27 touches, 6 tackles a game in a "poor" year and back on track again this year tracking closer to his 2017 numbers again. He's a damaging user on both sides, is quick enough, plays inside/outside, has good hands, tackles heavily & makes them stick and runs every bit as hard defensively as he does forward so I just will not have it that there's a huge gap between this group. The other 2 are excellent players and whilst I'd take Merrett, I wouldn't be disappointed with either of the other 2 in a straight swap & I wouldn't have a problem at all if someone said they'd take one of the others instead or they were better players but to say that he's not in their league is just troll level rubbish and clearly it's worked here, I've given you the reaction you wanted. If you genuinely believe what you've said, you haven't watched enough of Zach playing footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back