Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon we've established that Jesse White should not and will not be part of the Tippett trade, which has therefore been the catalyst for us securing Graham.

We would simply would not trade in both of those players, given the needs that we've so clearly identified that we have to address.

Parker to Carlton is the word now - going for 11 then 11 and 22 are coming to Adelaide - no Jesse White hence why the Graham deal went through trading the Knights Compo pick no need for latter picks with 11/19/23 in our stocks

You're kidding yourself if you think we'll get 11/12 and 22 for Tippett.

If Sydney trade up we'll just get pick 11/12 and that's it.

I would love us to prise both picks from Sydney, but I just cant see it happening.

It's from a good source...sounds like there's something in it.

Parker to Carlton is the word now - going for 11 then 11 and 22 are coming to Adelaide - no Jesse White hence why the Graham deal went through trading the Knights Compo pick no need for latter picks with 11/19/23 in our stocks
Confirmed source or more speculation?

The living allowance is fair.. Our rent prices are higher, fuel, food, beer.. It is the only thing people have to whinge about. The Swans manage their list well and thats it..

mate, nothing wrong with your living allowance. but it shouldn't just be left up to your club to administer it as they see fit. i know that your ceo has said that everyone gets 9.8% extra. if he is telling the truth, and lets assume he is, then there is no reason why the afl shouldn't take control of it. sydney submit they're contracts the same as every other club within the salary cap. the afl then assess each of sydneys (and gws') contracts and advise how much extra is to be given to each player. if this solution is not palatable to the swans, then they are not administering the extra allowance as they said they have.

Supposed Graham trade, might be in response to Smack being homesick and us learning our Gunston and Muppett lessons and punting him for value before they leave and we get screwed over.
BTW
I am picking c) 15,000 posts by midnight tonight. 11:50 last night Graham's name hadn't been added to this train wreak of a rumor mill. If the Tippett trade goes through at 3:00 today 15,000 posts might be too conservative. I just wish this nightmare would end.

You're kidding yourself if you think we'll get 11/12 and 22 for Tippett.

If Sydney trade up we'll get pick 11/12 and that's it and Sydney will keep 22.
Maybe. Also talk that Carlton want more that just Parker for their pick 11... could be a change of late draft picks or another player (maybe Mckernan, as mentioned earlier). I agree with Carlton fans, 11 is too much for Parker. His worth is more around 16-25. Just my opinion.

I reckon we've established that Jesse White should not and will not be part of the Tippett trade, which has therefore been the catalyst for us securing Graham.

We would simply would not trade in both of those players, given the needs that we've so clearly identified that we have to address.

Actually, at only 196cm I would think that we are interested in White purely as a CHB. If we are fair, our only real area of weekness this year was Key backs when we had a few injuries. Talia is Gold but jury is still out on Thompson and while Shaw is definately AFL standard, he did struggle in one on ones against the bigger guys on occasions. Add to this that Truck must be close to the end and I don't have a problem with trying him at CHB, it's just that he isn't worth much as part of any trade.

Confirmed source or more speculation?
Reported on 3Aw and SEN in Melbourne makes sense from an Adelaide point of view at least and means Smack isn't going anywhere which I believe. Otherwise the deal won't go through til he has a medical when he gets back from holiday next week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hallelujah sister!!!!!

I cant believe people would contemplate including Smack in a trade. I suppose the next suggestion will be to gift wrap our own lube, send it to ourselves with a card saying "go your hardest".

i suggested it yesterday. not because i want it to happen, but because it just seems to be the way this debacle is heading.

Reported on 3Aw and SEN in Melbourne makes sense from an Adelaide point of view at least and means Smack isn't going anywhere which I believe. Otherwise the deal won't go through til he has a medical when he gets back from holiday next week

I hope Smack isn't involved, but I like the sound of the rest of it. Would certainly leave some very red faces in here if this eventuates.

If we trade McKernan then we really have lost the plot. Its a bloody joke!

Unless McKernan has indicated to the club he's not happy and the club, learning from the $kirt experience, trade him now while other clubs still see his as being 'opportunity starved' rather than 'spud'.
I'd rather keep him but if he doesnt want to be here, make the most of it AFC.

Nah you posted sometime earlier this year the exact words "Tippett will stay"

Not knocking you mind, your mail is generally good.
Ah, so I did. That was before I knew anything official. I know his ex gf (they were dating at the time) and seemed quite happy so I made that call based on that.

Are we seriously trading McKernan?

This club is completely screwed. In the space of two trade table discussions we'll have dragged ourselves another 10 years away from even looking at a grand final.

I know you enjoy shooting off half-cocked, but do you really think McKernan is the difference between us winning a flag (in the next decade!!) or not?

If he is, we're in more trouble than I thought.

I know you enjoy shooting off half-cocked, but do you really think McKernan is the difference between us winning a flag (in the next decade!!) or not?

If he is, we're in more trouble than I thought.

It's more that you're underrating McKernan and underestimating the importance of a strong, consistent structure in terms of spine.

Think about the net outs for our spine in the past three years.

Out: Davis (CHB), Bock (CHB), Tippett (FF), McKernan (CHF)

In: Graham? White?

We'll struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back