Analysis TK'S LAB ( AKA the bore room ) 🌈

Remove this Banner Ad

Was a decent fend off by the kid to be fair. I'm not going to blame Oliver for that, players taught to try and pin the arms these days with so many HTBs . Gonna always be prone to fend offs when you're tackling that high up.

The Brayshaw kick however, summed up our day perfectly. 👍

Matty Whelan would have layed his shoulder into the kids hip 15 years ago in that same situation and driven him into the ground, zero *s given about pinning the ball.

Brayshaw wasn't the lone ranger out there ;

Gawn centre bounce taps to no-one then gets in the way chasing a kick.
Trac on the wing under little pressure passes the ball to an invisible man 6 rows back in the stands .
Harmes gobs off to an umpire at a crucial time in the game and cops a 50 metre penalty .
Kozzie runs too far in one instance , then tries a grubber kick that doesn't make the distance even, with Fritsch inside him in a better position to score.
Oliver every time he has a set shot for goal now .

I could go on , my point i am trying to make is it was a collective load of crap , rather than just a few players having a nightmare game.
Oliver nearly gets his head ripped off, where were the team? Not one player flew the flag for him . That this lack of anything against a club that has been in turmoil all season just can't be brushed off . Play like this and the Bombers will rip us a new one , so to speak .

I've actually got no problem with someone having a shot at goal that's well within their capabilities of kicking. My theory is once you've got a shot on goal and you're 50+% of kicking it every further handball or pass is just increasing the odds of somebody stuffing it up.

Why Brayshaw thinks he's a good enough left foot kick to have a shot from 50m when there are options available is beyond me though.

I've actually got no problem with someone having a shot at goal that's well within their capabilities of kicking. My theory is once you've got a shot on goal and you're 50+% of kicking it every further handball or pass is just increasing the odds of somebody stuffing it up.

Why Brayshaw thinks he's a good enough left foot kick to have a shot from 50m when there are options available is beyond me though.
Perfect example was 2017 I think when we lost to Either Freo or Hawthorn at the G and Harmes broke the 50 with * all time left and missed. He got crucified on here but I didn't mind him taking the shot.

Brayshaws was just ******* stupid. He's not Jason Akermanis he's a bloke who gets praised for spoiling the ball these days. Back to basics mate.

Perfect example was 2017 I think when we lost to Either Freo or Hawthorn at the G and Harmes broke the 50 with fu** all time left and missed. He got crucified on here but I didn't mind him taking the shot.

Brayshaws was just ******* stupid. He's not Jason Akermanis he's a bloke who gets praised for spoiling the ball these days. Back to basics mate.

Way beyond my ability or effort to look up but I'd love to see a stat of the goalkicking accuracy of players with reasonable kicking efficiency (filtering out bad kicks in other words) when taking running shots from reasonably straight angle from between 40-50m out.

Got a feeling that if you're running through the 50 under minimal pressure and aren't a complete spud of a kick, you'd be a better chance of kicking the goal than you would of hitting a 15m pass and them going back and kicking the goal from 40 out set shot. How often do you see someone burst through the 50, try a clever short pass thinking that's the 'team' thing to do, only to have it go over their head or get cut off.

Last edited:
Way beyond my ability or effort to look up but I'd love to see a stat of the goalkicking accuracy of players with reasonable kicking efficiency (filtering out bad kicks in other words) when taking running shots from reasonably straight angle from between 40-50m out.

Got a feeling that if you're running through the 50 under minimal pressure and aren't a complete spud of a kick, you'd be a better chance of kicking the goal than you would of hitting a 15m pass and them going back and kicking the goal from 40 out set shot. How often do you see someone burst through the 50, try and clever short pass thinking that's the 'team' thing to do, only to have it go over their head or get cut off.
Kicking efficiency isn't really applicable to goal kicking efficiency. The margins of error are different. When kicking to a player your aiming for the ball to land at a focal point whereas with goal kicking it isn't really relevant where the ball lands as long as it passes through the goal posts at a reasonable height.

It's why Tmac is a s**t field kick but one of our most reliable kicks for goal.

Kicking efficiency isn't really applicable to goal kicking efficiency. The margins of error are different. When kicking to a player your aiming for the ball to land at a focal point whereas with goal kicking it isn't really relevant where the ball lands as long as it passes through the goal posts at a reasonable height.

It's why Tmac is a sh*t field kick but one of our most reliable kicks for goal.

If you're a good field kick then you should be a good kick for goal on the run. If you're a bad field kick you're most likely going to be a bad kick for goal on the run.

Set shots are totally different which is why people like TMac do it well despite being a woeful kick in general play.

These 2 pieces of play summed up how we weren't there to win. Players clearly let themselves down.

Don't need to say much about this, first year player gets rid of our inside beast with ease to kill our momentum

View attachment 1156234View attachment 1156235View attachment 1156236View attachment 1156237

Brayshaw as selfish as you can be, gets the ball in space from hunt.

View attachment 1156238

Easy chip to Spargo in the pocket for a shot already

View attachment 1156239

Move onto the next frame and Spargo has 10m, plus 3 Melbourne players have led at him to make sure.

View attachment 1156240

Nup, left foot on the full completely ignoring 4 free Melbourne players. Selfish as you can get.

View attachment 1156241
Haha I was wondering if anyone was going to bring this s**t effort up. Funny how he does souch right, then reverts to this shittruck effort.

How many goals has Brayshaw kicked on his left from 50?

Gus gets his ambitions and his capabilities mixed up like this. I'd imagine it would have been highlighted in the review pretty heavily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holding this spot for Petracca. I literally got bored taking photos of all his bad disposals. One of the worst kicking games and decision games I've ever gone through.

Legit 7 clangers and I'm not even half way through the 2nd quarter and I'm only looking at kicks

Holding this spot for Petracca. I literally got bored taking photos of all his bad disposals. One of the worst kicking games and decision games I've ever gone through.

Legit 7 clangers and I'm not even half way through the 2nd quarter and I'm only looking at kicks

Dont forget to highlight his selfish ump arguing while play was still going on please.

The bump was for a preview of the upcoming Trac exposé. I cant wait.
Yeah but I saw the bump and was expecting pure gold. With arrows. Not a Topkent “coming soon to a venue near you!” spot

The bump was for a preview of the upcoming Trac exposé. I cant wait.
I like that you use the little accent thing on your French words btw

You totally are. It’s a pretty low hurdle to that title on this website, but I have no hesitation in saying you cleared it many years ago

You must be the first person to say such a thing about me. I had to guess which thingy was the right one to put above the "e" , was tough work deciding out of the six available options.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back