Recommitted Tom Barrass [OOC 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Also should have been AA last year if not for the rest of our diabolical team. Steven May... please :rolleyes:

Unfortunately you pay the price when you chase a player with a 4 year cobtract

That is the point.

I would prefer not to chase at all

Barrass has had multiple injuries over his career, now a fractured back. Not played more than 19 games a season. Four year contract on big money.

Good player when he is on the park but not a swing for the fence kind of player.

yeah thats the idea though isnt it? Sydney will have to pay overs as hes contracted and would be a "required player" for the Eagles.

Well yes but West Coast are the worst performed side for 70 years and the assumption is they want to move on players with currency as it is going to be a long rebuild. If that were not the case I would agree with you, but more of the same is not what the Eagles need to be doing.

Well yes but West Coast are the worst performed side for 70 years and the assumption is they want to move on players with currency as it is going to be a long rebuild. If that were not the case I would agree with you, but more of the same is not what the Eagles need to be doing.
Yes moving on some players with currency would be part of their plan, but Barrass along with Allen are probably the 2 they can least afford to lose. If a first round pick is fair it would have to be more than that.
I wouldnt be surprised if the Eagles let Barrass go for fair price because thats how they operate, but with multiple clubs looking for key defenders youd have to expect theyd ask for more.

Yes moving on some players with currency would be part of their plan, but Barrass along with Allen are probably the 2 they can least afford to lose. If a first round pick is fair it would have to be more than that.
I wouldnt be surprised if the Eagles let Barrass go for fair price because thats how they operate, but with multiple clubs looking for key defenders youd have to expect theyd ask for more.

OK, well who aside from Allen and Barass has currency - like real currency that would make a difference to a draft hand?

All the more reason we need calm heads, especially down back. Once Gov gets injured/suspended again, we're down to Rhett Bazzo and Harry Edwards as key backs sans Barrass.

All the more reason we need calm heads, especially down back. Once Gov gets injured/suspended again, we're down to Rhett Bazzo and Harry Edwards as key backs sans Barrass.

And.....what is the worst that could happen?

No offence but I am getting a sense that Eagles fans have their head in the sand a little. The Eagles are the worst side for 70 years - with those current players.

OK, well who aside from Allen and Barass has currency - like real currency that would make a difference to a draft hand?
Liam Ryan is the main one, Yeo could fetch a second round pick if he wanted to go, not a lot else. I dont think we need the draft picks as badly as people think. We already have an ok group of young guys who just need a couple of years, and are a good chance to pick up a few more ok to good players from trades or free agency, along with our normal draft picks to come.
Also, by "least afford to lose" I mean the guys who will require the highest overs from other teams, theyll still be let go for the right price.
And.....what is the worst that could happen?

No offence but I am getting a sense that Eagles fans have their head in the sand a little. The Eagles are the worst side for 70 years - with those current players.
They are the worst side with the current players, and half the squad out injured most of the year. The team with a normal injury list is not a wooden spoon team. Definitely been very unfortunate with injuries this year making it look way worse.

Liam Ryan is the main one, Yeo could fetch a second round pick if he wanted to go, not a lot else. I dont think we need the draft picks as badly as people think. We already have an ok group of young guys who just need a couple of years, and are a good chance to pick up a few more ok to good players from trades or free agency, along with our normal draft picks to come.
Also, by "least afford to lose" I mean the guys who will require the highest overs from other teams, theyll still be let go for the right price.

They are the worst side with the current players, and half the squad out injured most of the year. The team with a normal injury list is not a wooden spoon team. Definitely been very unfortunate with injuries this year making it look way worse.

And what about last year? And the year before?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are diabolical. I don't think I've ever heard a team mentioned as ruining the integrity of the game like we have about wce

And what about last year? And the year before?

Had basically the same injury list last year. Remember we had to play non-listed players for games.

2021 we finished 9th, after losing a huge chunk of players in the second half of the year.

TB makes the Swans a contender, for some reason people don't realize this. Sydney are in that window, getting arguably the best KPD in the game whose in his prime can make them a top 4 side again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back